Sign in to follow this  
plankton

Strap Help- AP RG- I'm gonna have a restitch

plankton

Ideas please gents, I'm just not as thrilled as I should be with this particular combo.

005_zps20690649.jpg

Pseudonym

Gen rubber to match the bezel

... You know it makes sense D!!

Don't you have a V6 Diver? I read the rubber is as good as it gets apart from Gen...

plankton

Gen rubber to match the bezel

... You know it makes sense D!!

Don't you have a V6 Diver? I read the rubber is as good as it gets apart from Gen...

Yes it is nice rubber, I want to wear this guy to the hospitals and surgeons offices at work (impression). Was thinking about that croc vic made for my Don, getting one a hair darker??

Kcore

It's all about personal taste. For me, I just can't see a rubber strap on a watch that will never actually go under water. After all, it's supposed to be a $20K+ watch. I only gave a rubber strap on one watch, and that is used for diving.

I'm not liking the thread color choice with the RG. Perhaps that's your peeve too? I would ask the strap maker if he could re- sew the strap using matching black thread or choose another color. It is a nice HB & an easy job for a pro.

ANDMAN.ELLIPSIS

Probably not what you want to hear... For me it´s got to be rubber, it´s what was designed for the watch and gives it that casual look...

Hornback just smartens it up too much for me....

I would though try a self colour re stitch if that´s possible....as the strap itself looks beautifully made

both my Gen and Rep RG´s are on rubber... so boring I know

Pretty sure AP bands have got a few pic variations to look at for RG , in their gallery to look at

Stuvetjee

It's all about personal taste. For me, I just can't see a rubber strap on a watch that will never actually go under water. After all, it's supposed to be a $20K+ watch. I only gave a rubber strap on one watch, and that is used for diving.

I'm not liking the thread color choice with the RG. Perhaps that's your peeve too? I would ask the strap maker if he could re- sew the strap using matching black thread or choose another color. It is a nice HB & an easy job for a pro.

+1. Cant agree more. Looks a bit weird, a watch thats 20k with a rubber strap :lol:

plankton

Probably not what you want to hear... For me it´s got to be rubber, it´s what was designed for the watch and gives it that casual look...

I would though try a self colour re stitch if that´s possible....as the strap itself looks beautifully made

Pretty sure AP bands have got a few pic variations to look at for RG , in their gallery to look at

Black re-stitch on my brown one????????? The one I have on my don is perfect with black stitching-- Looks like a job for Super Vic!

You are the man Andman Ellipsis! Restitch is only $12 here local, fantastic recommendation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TheSav

I'd be opting for stitching that picks up the colour of the dial. Something a little more subtle.

Pseudonym

Black re-stitch on my brown one????????? The one I have on my don is perfect with black stitching-- Looks like a job for Super Vic!

What about the croc just the shade of the tapestry dial, with copper colour stitch to pic out the indices...?

The Don strap should never be replicated. It's too nice, too perfect just for the Don...

Very jealous.

plankton

What about the croc just the shade of the tapestry dial, with copper colour stitch to pic out the indices...?

The Don strap should never be replicated. It's too nice, too perfect just for the Don...

Very jealous.

Ignore the thumbprint, quick pic.001_zps2bc532c0.jpg

zinnboy

Whenever I put on a strap I kinda just go ehh this'll work. I guess there is more to it. I'm going to follow this thread and learn more things about matching straps.

plankton

Whenever I put on a strap I kinda just go ehh this'll work. I guess there is more to it. I'm going to follow this thread and learn more things about matching straps.

Shit man your likely to learn from them not me. I'm sitting on $780 of straps and only happy with 2. I have to admit Vic's is just the best looking and the softest.

zinnboy

Shit man your likely to learn from them not me. I'm sitting on $780 of straps and only happy with 2. I have to admit Vic's is just the best looking and the softest.

Haha. I qatt ma jonfqu ħafna flus għalkemm.

plankton

????

zinnboy

????

Lol. X'inhu l-fuck ġara biss. I kien pjuttost ċert I qal "Haha. Jien qatt ma jonfqu li ħafna fuq ċineg."

zinnboy

Ovvjament jien qed kkontrollati. Stajt probabbilment pissed off xi ħadd ġdid. Apologies tiegħi. Just tell me dak li għamilt ħażin.

Shit kollha tiegħi qed tissarraf maltese