Sign in to follow this  
smalla

Side by Side : Noob v4 Sub and Gen

ShovelnTC

Thanks for the great comparison review.

Problem with these latest Sub-C's is that there seems to be no consistency and very sporadic availability.

I have been watching these since the so-called V3 came out but there have only been a few deliveries to the TD's and only a few dozen at a time and there has been multiple dials delivered with most having the "skinny" coronet.

I'm still happy with my V1 BK but I'd like one of these later Sub-C's but am not confident of what I will get.

Anyway thanks again for taking the trouble.

nunu78

Nice review

wanlo

Great share. I alwaye love side by side comparison

abat

Great comparison, they are really close.

TheSav

Ńice work. Thanks to the effort.

Rudy40

First of all!

Thanks for the compare review!

And a big congrats on the Gen...Because I know what they cost!..Lol!!

Thanks for sharing this with us here ...Makes for great reference ...I remember joining the forums two years ago..And the ceramics wasn't no where as close as they are now!

So hats off to these factories and the dealers that was involved in making it a better piece!

Edited by Rudy40

live1

great work bro i post this thread on rg

D_Chico

I always love comparisons no matter what brand watch! Always been a fan of Rolex! Looks great thanks for the review! Also, is it just me or maybe the camera angle but with the side by side front pics of the two together the rep looks slightly bigger!? Hmm..you should measure and find out if possible!

sungod

Left me with many more questions: Did you open the case to look at the movement? Can you post pictures of the movement?what about the weight? Similar to gen?

YotaBoy

Scary accurate, I honestly could not differentiate the two with just a quick glance, I only noticed that the "ROLEX" on the inside of the clasp of the rep surrounded by the line inscription looks a bit thin and sloppy compared to the gen.

Pmat

Very nice indeed. Thanks for the post and the pics.

<RJ>

Nice review! I always find these gen/rep comparisons interesting.

jcagara08

Very nice comparo pics!

Thanks for the share!

agrimtex

Great review, many thanks !! Any news from TC or BK working on this new model ?

smalla

Left me with many more questions: Did you open the case to look at the movement? Can you post pictures of the movement?what about the weight? Similar to gen?

weight gen and rep same size strap was identical (within 1 gramm)

no i did not open the case, idd not feel like it.. is has a stated swiss movement from toro, sweep is perfect... so why would i bother, i mean go find a crazy dude who will open his gen rolex for you???? so why would you ever have to open yours to prove something...

Snrubb
] so why would you ever have to open yours to prove something...

I know I wouldn't

sungod

weight gen and rep same size strap was identical (within 1 gramm)

no i did not open the case, idd not feel like it.. is has a stated swiss movement from toro, sweep is perfect... so why would i bother, i mean go find a crazy dude who will open his gen rolex for you???? so why would you ever have to open yours to prove something...

Ok fair enough! Thanks for the info!

benjji

Great Smalla!!

question : what obout the Lec? is it most noticeable on the rep ?

thanks

smalla

Great Smalla!!

question : what obout the Lec? is it most noticeable on the rep ?

thanks

I have hhad several rolex reps until now, burt this is new, it is almost invisible, just like GeN, i mean maybe even less visible, it is like a crown shade you see, i need a magnifiying glass and a lot of light to see it but it is there... on other reps it is way to obvious... here it is GEN-like i would say, i could try to take a picture but i think it willnot succeed.

heero

This is a noob V3 with incorrect "skinny" dial crown. The newer stock of V3 (116610LN's) have fixed this flaw. Sites are incorrectly calling the one with the fixed dial crown a V4 (many call it V3.1), but it is in fact just a corrected V3. That being said you did not receive a V3.1 or V4, this is the V3. It's a barely noticeable change. Your SEL fit is incredible, one of the best I've seen.

I've got a V3 en route from toro as well. It's an LV-C (they haven't updated the dial crown on the LV yet)... I'm quite excited for it especially after seeing your pix! Quite a rep.

jcagara08

Can't even distinguish which one is gen and rep,

only insert numeral depth is what I see, the paint color,

clasp which isn't that crisp that fliplock thing.

otherwise all is good specially SEL fitment.

Damn why didn't I copped this one soon enough?!

benjji

tanks Smalla..

soory again: you said "reahult engraving is not crisp as the gen". do you mean its not deep ?"

strange, since many say it has been improved on v3, much more visible .. and from your pics, these looks similar,

thanks again

Edited by benjji

live1

there are two types of v3 engravings.the outline style and the non outlined style.this ops v3 is the outlined style,and the v2 dial

benjji

ok.. old engravings

smalla

ok.. old engravings

i don't know engravings are great on my rep , do not see the problem... i mean if you assume that the rep cost 500 usd and the gen 7500 euro i hope there are some minimal differences.. ;-)