Sign in to follow this  
Nacho1991

Rolex Bezel NO CLICKS

zinnboy
Great stuff here.

Where is the Zinnboy?

Personally I would have gone with the lever idea that Greg said except solder it on and be able to apply more torque.

nev848
I just want to go on record as saying that when you blow houndoggie's avatar up to normal size, it's my most favoritest one on this whole watchosphere board.

The Tin Mans takes some beating also. :)

zinnboy
I just want to go on record as saying that when you blow houndoggie's avatar up to normal size, it's my most favoritest one on this whole watchosphere board.

Beating...

nev848

Beating...

Is that a question or what your doing? ;)

zinnboy

Beating...

;)

DR3M3L

Beating...

;)

Glws

Nacho1991

This is specially for SSTEEL and everyone who loves modding and playing with the reps. I cut the back and then I used a big flat screwdriver to open it. I need a lot of pressure and I could slowly break the Loctite.

I got another back case, so it's ok, don't cry for it

Sadly, my project didn't end well. I have changed the bezels from one case to other in order to fit the insert. The GMT insert was a bit smaller so it didn't fit properly. No problem with that.

The new crystal was a bit bigger than the old so the insert didn't fit. I tried to press it and I bended the insert. :(

Basically, I did nothing but losing my time. I really wanted it to end well, but...

n6q8mr.jpg

k4a4gp.jpg

Now, I got two cases, two crystals, two bezels, one new style Rolex strap, one old style and a cheap 21J movement that works fine but I don't want to assemble it togheter. I will wait before destryoing something else :giggle:

BTW, If you wonder about the papers on the back it's theory about heat exchangers

Edited by Nacho1991

Kcore

Nacho, all joking aside, even though things didn't turn out as you wanted, you still deserve credit for trying! Not many have the spirit to try their hand at modding. For you, I'm sure lessons learned. Don't give up. In a few days, go back to your project and finish.

Nacho1991

Thank you Kcore.

It's strange but I've messed up every Rolex I've had but my SDDS. They're not my friends I guess.

I will order some watches and I guess I'll order some parts to fix this crap.

At least, the two watches I've used on my project costed me nothing, so I can't complain.