Sign in to follow this  
Nacho1991

Rolex Bezel NO CLICKS

Nacho1991

Hi folks,

I've just received a watch tools set so I am "playing" with a Rolex Submariner I had on my desk. I've removed the bezel and then changed the insert because I tried to fit a GMT Master II movement on that case (much better quality)

I've put everything together as I've seen on other places and now, the bezel can turn left and right, doesn't block and it doesn't "click". You can move it freely.

Does anyone know what can happen?

Thx in advance.

houndoggie

click spring broken or not replaced.

Nacho1991

Probably I have lost the little spring that join the pin with the bezel, as you say.

I have made another spring with a bigger sping I got on my "trash box" (straps, stems and things I've saved form old watches). It's a bit hard now, I will do another one shorter.

Thanks for it

Edited by Nacho1991

Nacho1991

BTW, and in order not to open a new thread. How cand a I open a back case from a Rolex which has been "loctited" ?

I promise It wasn't me. When I get the watch, it was like that.

Kal-el

BTW, and in order not to open a new thread. How cand a I open a back case from a Rolex which has been "loctited" ?

If you didn't do it, then how did you know its been glued?

jdog

This^^^^^

Nacho1991

If you didn't do it, then how did you know its been glued?

Because I've tried with tools, sticky ball and even a dog toy made of really hard rubber. It has marks on the back from the watchsmith that gave it to me. Tool marks.

That's why I'm pretty sure it's been glued.

This^^^^^

That part is solved, now I'm trying to open the fu***ng case. I've tried heating it, tools and everything I got.

Edited by Nacho1991

jdog

So the watchsmith glued it? Doesnt sound right.

Nacho1991

He gave it to me for free, because I asked some kind of useless diver watch he got in order to made a completely new watch. I got the dial designed, new hands and so.

He found this with a lot of crappy watches (believe me, really crappy), I guess it's been from a customer that gave it previously to him. The watch works but the rotor is not on its place, you can hear it.

Basically, I got it from a watchsmith who got it from who knows.

Nacho1991

Thx for it, but I don't think the Bergeon tools can actually help. I've just opened a Submariner and a Sea Dweller, so this must be a "special one".

I can open every watch (even with no specifical tools) I got but his one, and it's very annoying.

jdog

He gave it to me for free, because I asked some kind of useless diver watch he got in order to made a completely new watch. I got the dial designed, new hands and so.

He found this with a lot of crappy watches (believe me, really crappy), I guess it's been from a customer that gave it previously to him. The watch works but the rotor is not on its place, you can hear it.

I gotcha. So basically the original owner is an idiot.

greg_r

If even the correct tools won't open it, then the last resort is to hot glue a fairly heavy file to the case back and use that as a lever to unscrew it. The hot glue can be peeled off later.

Note that if the back has been glued on, forcing it open may bugger up the caseback threads. You have been warned ;)

Pseudonym

This.

Nacho1991

I gotcha. So basically the original owner is an idiot.

Got it

If even the correct tools won't open it, then the last resort is to hot glue a fairly heavy file to the case back and use that as a lever to unscrew it. The hot glue can be peeled off later.

Note that if the back has been glued on, forcing it open may bugger up the caseback threads. You have been warned ;)

I think I'm applying the extreme method. I got two or three backs that I can use. I will CUT it with a metal saw and...see what happen.

I think I'm the craziest person in this forum and the one with the weirdest problems in his watches.

fatarms

Any chance to take it back to the watchsmith to open it for you?

Kcore

Great stuff here.

Where is the Zinnboy?

Nacho1991

No problem guys, solved. I CUT the case and now everything is ok. I will upload some photos.

SSTEEL

This I have to see lol

Kcore

It's now a display back :0

Conex

Just pretend its a vintage! ;)

Kcore

OMG, too funny :)

houndoggie

Have used this technique with much success.

fatarms

I just want to go on record as saying that when you blow houndoggie's avatar up to normal size, it's my most favoritest one on this whole watchosphere board.

nunu78
I just want to go on record as saying that when you blow houndoggie's avatar up to normal size, it's my most favoritest one on this whole watchosphere board.

+1