Sign in to follow this  
toomanywatches

Log of next 2 builds...6152 and 52mm Egi

toomanywatches

My "low cost" 6152 build is pretty much done (will be followed next year by tall CP/3 layer dial version)... just waiting on my RP dial from Southy. With some time on my hands, started my DSN 52mm Egi build. Bought the completed watch with Swiss 6497. Coupled with a nice strap and gigantic SM buckle, the watch is awesome/comfortable with great wrist presence.

DSC_0123-1.jpg

DSC_0124-1.jpg

DSC_0131-1.jpg

Modifications on Egi, so far, started with vintage luming of pearl and 15/30/45 bezel markings. Reshaped/widened/drilled lugs to install Okabum spring bars (Don't try without drill press!!!). Waiting on my order from Nightwatch for a black vintaged MM 8GB dial. Looking diff crystal options...sucha as into having 6mm Plexi made out of Perspex (same stuff as gen Tropic 24/25). Using Hamilton 917 since it's such a beautiful movement and Angelus SF 240 is too damn expensive!!

DSC_0129-1.jpg

DSC_0125-1.jpg

DSC_0129-1.jpg

DSC_0130-1.jpg

So what else am I missing on this Egi build?? Advice and suggestions appreciated

Member X

Very nice :)

Kudos to anyone who builds their own - I'm about to start and it's scary :unsure: lol