Sign in to follow this  
StormyNight

My 1000th post & a trio of vintage delights

trailboss99

Congrats on the 1k posts lassie, you are a rare gem indeed and your taste is exquisite.

Not often I can honestly call someone one in a million but you would surely come close.

The number of gals with your appreciation of vintage watches (or indeed any watches) is somewhat limited at best and we are privileged to have at least two such people here so how lucky are we? Thanks very much for diluting the testosterone overload around here and long may you continue to do so. Here's to the next 1000 posts :beer2:

_DC_

I'll throw this in the mix as it's the only vintage Rolex I have to hand!

7AD3DAFD-2818-4273-A563-A218FEC538A8_zpsysvlwxew.jpg

DC

StormyNight
Congrats on the 1k posts lassie, you are a rare gem indeed and your taste is exquisite.

Not often I can honestly call someone one in a million but you would surely come close.

The number of gals with your appreciation of vintage watches (or indeed any watches) is somewhat limited at best and we are privileged to have at least two such people here so how lucky are we? Thanks very much for diluting the testosterone overload around here and long may you continue to do so. Here's to the next 1000 posts :beer2:

That's very nice, thank you :)

Conex

I'll throw this in the mix as it's the only vintage Rolex I have to hand!

7AD3DAFD-2818-4273-A563-A218FEC538A8_zpsysvlwxew.jpg

DC

Lush.

J!m
Nice collection!

All you need now is a 1680 and the set is complete.

And, the 5517 second hand looks good- I had to modify mine to get closer to the correct shape... I don't think anyone has a perfectly shaped one out there. Most reps use the Seamaster 300 seconds hand which has a long tail...

If you read the history of the 5517 the hands were often replacwd by Seamaster hands due to damage in the field. They were quite often a mixture of parts from other watches, thats what makes them so unique to collectors. I can't pull up the link right now as I am on my phone but there is a great story on their history on the web that explains how army watch smiths and quartermasters did botch jobs to get them working again so they could pass them onto new operatives. Do a google search. Fascinating reading.

Cool! Will-do!