Conex

VinRoPix (Vintage Rolex Pics) Pic Heavy!

_DC_

New strap arrived this morning... (along with some new dice :)

IMG_2595_zps87e6b410.jpg

Don't know how I missed this... musta been during all the hullabaloo of the gold Daytonas being released. Where did you get that strap?! It's amazing with that watch! Fucking gorgeous. On that note - does anyone have a go-to for great leather straps for the vintage Daytonas? At a 19mm lug width, its hard to find good ones without trying to squeeze on a 20mm. IMO, that 1mm less in the thickness of the strap makes the case stand out that much more - when I squeezed a 20mm on my 6265 it seemed to dwarf the case a little. I don't know, maybe its just me. But lemme know if you vinTona owners have a go-to 19mm leather strap dealer. Thx!

Erm, I spend a lot of time on B&S and they've been out of stock of 19mm straps for months?!?

Is this a 20mm? If so, I need to buy one ASAP! I've never liked the idea of squeezing a 20mm onto my Daytona but this looks fine!

Opinions?

DC

Chiruku

Erm, I spend a lot of time on B&S and they've been out of stock of 19mm straps for months?!?

Is this a 20mm? If so, I need to buy one ASAP! I've never liked the idea of squeezing a 20mm onto my Daytona but this looks fine!

Opinions?

DC

I took a gamble on an 18mm - when it arrived I was actually surprised that there was not that much in it - have just wound some black thread in the gaps which has done the job well enough (for me anyway).

_DC_

Opinions?

DC

I took a gamble on an 18mm - when it arrived I was actually surprised that there was not that much in it - have just wound some black thread in the gaps which has done the job well enough (for me anyway).

Ah, clever stuff, I'll be checking out their 18mm selection this evening then, I'd imagine it's limited thought?!

DC

Chiruku

Ah, clever stuff, I'll be checking out their 18mm selection this evening then, I'd imagine it's limited thought?!

DC

Incoming! :salute:

Pseudonym

Wait wait wait DC.

Simply contact Bernhard & enquire about availability. Like you I waited ages on the 20mm rugged leather... Contacted B&S with a "when will these be available again".

Bernhard went ahead and made 2 as a result. 3 days after order, it's on my 1680.

Have faith in B&S. Cracking service!!

Conex

IMG_2595_zps87e6b410.jpg

Don't know how I missed this... musta been during all the hullabaloo of the gold Daytonas being released. Where did you get that strap?! It's amazing with that watch! Fucking gorgeous. On that note - does anyone have a go-to for great leather straps for the vintage Daytonas? At a 19mm lug width, its hard to find good ones without trying to squeeze on a 20mm. IMO, that 1mm less in the thickness of the strap makes the case stand out that much more - when I squeezed a 20mm on my 6265 it seemed to dwarf the case a little. I don't know, maybe its just me. But lemme know if you vinTona owners have a go-to 19mm leather strap dealer. Thx!

Opinions?

DC

My leather straps are 20mm mate on my Daytonas. I just very carefully shaved a bit each side.

P6081939_zps796f0216.jpg

L-R Modded GW 1665 MBW, 1680 MBW ,1665,1680 IMG_3900_zpsf0dc7b5c.jpg

Very nice my friend. Thank you for sharing.

hsmooth

http://bulangandsons.com

Our Mecca for vintage straps. Rock out with your cock out ;)

Anyone have experience with order from them and getting shipped to conus?

Pseudonym

I ordered without incident & paid via PP. I'm sure CONUS will be fine.

Hakaman
Yes exactly. This is why I love the 5517. I was reading up about them and I love the stories of how they were often thrown back together with 3rd party parts or hands from Omegas so they could get back out in the field. I think the bezel really makes them stand out as well and you gotta love that big "T". Pictures when your Gunny arrives on this thread please. That would be great.

Sure thing. Will post piccies asap

Hakaman

IMG_2595_zps87e6b410.jpg

Opinions?

DC

Why not get someone like Gunny to make you up a 19mm strap... Choose material and colour and good to go...

Hakaman

Awesome products and great sales comms from Bernhard. It's a financial recipe for disaster.

Beautiful stuff and the quality looks great but the pricing of the straps I saw at a glance seems on the high side... I have yet to see my Gunny NATO in the flesh but US$75 incl shipping for custom made beats €90 any day...

fetasigma

IMG_2595_zps87e6b410.jpg

Opinions?

DC

Why not get someone like Gunny to make you up a 19mm strap... Choose material and colour and good to go...

I agree, I have several strap makers that I have make straps that are realativly inexpensive, very nice and custom made to my specifications.....

NMA

my speedking :boxedin: ...hold it for a while

speedking_zpsb24c05ce.jpg

speedking2_zps3a0b3052.jpg

_DC_

Awesome products and great sales comms from Bernhard. It's a financial recipe for disaster.

Beautiful stuff and the quality looks great but the pricing of the straps I saw at a glance seems on the high side... I have yet to see my Gunny NATO in the flesh but US$75 incl shipping for custom made beats €90 any day...

I've had a $75 strap made by someone here and I have a Bulang & Sons vintage leather strap which was €99 and I can tell you they are like night and day! B&S quality and comfort is absolutely top notch and worth every penny in my opinion!

DC

LHOOQ

Daytonas. I love 'em.

i-gSn826f-X3.jpg

_DC_
Daytonas. I love 'em.

i-gSn826f-X3.jpg

Love the 6262, pump pusher goodness :)

DC

Conex
Daytonas. I love 'em.

i-gSn826f-X3.jpg

Like your style. Thank you for sharing my friend.

Hakaman

I've had a $75 strap made by someone here and I have a Bulang & Sons vintage leather strap which was €99 and I can tell you they are like night and day! B&S quality and comfort is absolutely top notch and worth every penny in my opinion!

DC

Fair enough. I suppose it really does depend on the strap and the person wearing it. I am sure it could go either way. Sounds like B&S do top notch work.

DeLaForce
Daytonas. I love 'em.

i-gSn826f-X3.jpg

That's a serious spread ... Awesome

Conex

Two more acquisitions this morning. And now, for me, my Vin'Tona family is complete. Finally.

Daytonas2_zps855032ae.jpg

DaytonaB_zps84c04d5c.jpg

DaytonaA_zps1d9a590a.jpg

The Family Vin'Tona

VintageDaytonafamily_zpsadf53fbd.jpg

Kleen™

6239's gotta be the overall winner. Beautiful timepiece!

fetasigma
Two more acquisitions this morning. And now, for me, my Vin'Tona family is complete. Finally.

DaytonaB_zps84c04d5c.jpg

DaytonaA_zps1d9a590a.jpg

The Family Vin'Tona

Where is the red Paul newmans?

DaytonaB_zps84c04d5c.jpg

DaytonaA_zps1d9a590a.jpg

The Family Vin'Tona

Where are the red Paul newmans?

Conex

Not a fan of the red Paul Newman's mate to be honest, and more to the point, he never wore a red dialed exotic dial Daytona. That was just marketing by Rolex (just like the Steve McQueen Explorer II of which there is no evidence he ever wore).

fetasigma

Not a fan of the red Paul Newman's mate to be honest, and more to the point, he never wore a red dialed exotic dial Daytona. That was just marketing by Rolex (just like the Steve McQueen Explorer II of which there is no evidence he ever wore).

gotcha...just had to ask ;)

Conex

gotcha...just had to ask ;)

Of course mate, and to the normal (non obsessive) person, a red dial PN would be a natural addition.