Conex

VinRoPix (Vintage Rolex Pics) Pic Heavy!

LHOOQ

I meant where's the watch from, lol, it looks gen?!

Doh... Completely misunderstood that. [insert head-smack emoticon here.]

It's a franken with a Phong case, a Valjoux 726, and a genuine Singer service dial. I wrote about the build here, and upgraded it with genuine pushers a year later.

_DC_

I meant where's the watch from, lol, it looks gen?!

Doh... Completely misunderstood that. [insert head-smack emoticon here.]

It's a franken with a Phong case, a Valjoux 726, and a genuine Singer service dial. I wrote about the build here, and upgraded it with genuine pushers a year later.

I remember that thread, makes sense now!

That is a truly superb piece my friend, my franken 6265 pales into insignificance by comparison! One day I will outlay some serious pennies on one of these, such a beautiful watch!

Congrats mate!

DC

LHOOQ

That is a truly superb piece my friend, my franken 6265 pales into insignificance by comparison! One day I will outlay some serious pennies on one of these, such a beautiful watch!

Thanks! A gen dial makes all the difference in the world, though you're fortunate to have one of DW's old dials. They're still the best aftermarket non-PN dials that are out there. (It's actually a bit depressing that no one's risen to the challenge in >7 years!)

Pseudonym

If you EVER want to sell, I'd be happy to become the new owner... :woo:

Ishmael

The goldies are here!!! Tracking says delivered. I get off work at 3:30PST so stay tuned!

_DC_
The goldies are here!!! Tracking says delivered. I get off work at 3:30PST so stay tuned!

Can't wait to see them, I'm ordering the black dial 6265 once I get paid!

DC

Ishmael

DC

Ordered that one yesterday :) Think I may put that one on a leather strap.

_DC_

DC

Yeah it's a strong look...

2FCA26C8-A090-40C2-A459-2A0C536DC864_zps3wwvbuxh.jpg

Be very interested to see that!

DC

Ishmael

DC

Yeah it's a strong look...

2FCA26C8-A090-40C2-A459-2A0C536DC864_zps3wwvbuxh.jpg

Be very interested to see that!

DC

That's EXACTLY the pic I was thinking of!

fetasigma

See I am not so sure anymore about owning a Goldie, if they come out with the Newman dials and do a good job I may still get one. Part of the fun of owning one before was the rarity in the community.... Now that every tom, dick, and Harry can have one I am not so

Sure

Ishmael

Okay boys and girls - they're here, and they're fucking gorgeous. The gold dial isn't silver, but it's not exactly gold either - it's kind of in between. But lets be honest: the star of the show is the black dial. Everything seems to be on the order of the other vinTona's I've owned, so nothing to report there. Here is the one caveat with owning these beauties: the bracelet fucking sucks. It literally took me over an hour to size both bracelets. For the couple links closest to the clasp, the rivets are on one side and the screw head is on the other. I thought there would be screw slots on both sides, and I'd have to hold a screwdriver on one end while turning the other end. But with these, you screw out for about 4 or 5 revolutions, and then its far enough out for you to pull out with your fingers. Theoretically. For 3 out of the 4 links I removed altogether, I had to use pliers to get it out. For the last one, though I pulled with all my strength, I could only get it out just far enough that one side of the link could wriggle free and I was able to disengage it from the bracelet. The screw never came out. Good luck removing the links in such a way as to be able to use them again - unlikely. I have no idea why the factories decided to make the bracelets this way, but it was a colossal mistake.

Having said that, I finally have my grail watch, and its beautiful. @ fetasigma - I understand what you're saying about the rarity aspect, but personally, I could not possibly care less. Sure its nice having something very few people own, but on the bright side, we'll all get to share in how each of us personalizes these watches, with different straps, etc. For this thread in particular, I've seen a hundred of the panda 6263 - but all the straps have been different and so they're each unique in their own way.

Enough rambling. Without further ado...

24058AA9-51B0-4AD7-BB30-7436420FAEAF_zpscxihcc9y.jpg

10D7755B-A040-479D-9576-36FF9AA9839D_zpskiipe2ny.jpg

F14B8E1C-A6BA-4D2F-A94B-76763F5D0DE9_zpst3wcqalw.jpg

6D7C4362-AEBC-415F-BCE3-7C7093DEDF42_zpssy00h3y3.jpg

955E9BEA-DA1B-433E-AACC-6EC9F3E24E65_zps4hi2zc6k.jpg

fetasigma

They do look good

LHOOQ

Congrats, Ishmael! I like both variants, but I would love to see the black-dialed one on light brown leather.

_DC_

They really do look good, you're right though the black dial is the star of the show, it's making me rethink which one I want to get! Do me a favour and when you get the gold bezel version with black dial do a little side by side can you mate?

DC

Pseudonym

This has me seriously thinking now... I wanted gold dial, black sub-dials/black bezel, but that black/gold/black looks seriously lovely.

Fuck it. Order up!

StormyNight
This has me seriously thinking now... I wanted gold dial, black sub-dials/black bezel...

That's what I went for. :D

Jonnybaws

Lovely pickup(s) mate!

Even with my gold phobia, that black dial has got my attention!

themannier

Loving this one at the minute,MBW Franken 1665IMG_3918_zps9ad307fe.jpg

What a stunner, i love this 1665 ronin :drool:

Pseudonym

24058AA9-51B0-4AD7-BB30-7436420FAEAF_zpscxihcc9y.jpg

I have ordered THIS watch on the strength of THIS photo.

I shall site you as witness in my divorce.

(I also ordered a Tudor BB v2, & have pending order for 2 watches with WatchFinder - but you're getting ALL the blame)

:thumbsup:

P.

Jonnybaws

Top work Rob :D

StormyNight

Gorgeous! I want a decent bracelet for mine so I might actually wear it!

Can NOT cope with rattling endlinks! :(

Someone rescue me haha

Which BB colour Rob? :)

Pseudonym

Gorgeous! I want a decent bracelet for mine so I might actually wear it!

Can NOT cope with rattling endlinks! :(

Someone rescue me hahaWhich BB colour Rob? :)

The big red! Too many QC issues with the blue I've seen... Just love that patina!!

Get some gen endlinks?? Or WSO have decent aftermarket replacements? I bought a decent set of 501b's for the 16800. Very good for £15!!

StormyNight

Yeah, not a fan of the Blue BB at all! Red is good.

I'll check out WSO for endlinks, thanks! :)

ronin007

What's the correct end links for the versions which Ryan and toro sell, think there the same as angus ones, got some 580 the other day from wso and the sel fit is bad, must also take the 2mm spring bar

_DC_

Just in from Rob who's too generous for his own good, I believe this originally came from Tori so thanks to her too! It's a nicely beaten up and aged vintage sub (5513?!) with Tiffany & Co dial (that's a real nice detail IMO). It looks the nuts!

C345D954-C4DE-4DAF-B671-41B31156DF0B_zpsvrbheh4y.jpg

D63A829F-0D32-47A5-BCFF-BE8530F4B34B_zpsjbtaqhrv.jpg

DC