Conex

VinRoPix (Vintage Rolex Pics) Pic Heavy!

_DC_
I've dug this out of "storage" today, mostly because of you bad men and your magnificent vintages:

Gen 1968 model 5512

c3555112212c2b5466bc7081a4414e74_zps4c79af24.jpg

What the heck was a beauty like that doing in storage Vic you nutcase?!

My next project is definitely going to he a 5512, coz wearing one would make me just like Steve McQueen, obviously!!

DC

Jonnybaws
I've dug this out of "storage" today, mostly because of you bad men and your magnificent vintages:

Gen 1968 model 5512

My next project is definitely going to he a 5512, coz wearing one would make me just like Steve McQueen, obviously!!

DC

He never wore boat shoes... :giggle:

_DC_

Gen 1968 model 5512

DC

He never wore boat shoes... :giggle:

No, his taste in shoes was much much worse...

80242BBB-0D1C-45AD-9536-4AF1AF3732C8_zpseo2zdcgw.jpg

DC

Jonnybaws

Yeah, but he even makes sandles look cool!

George.
Looks like Burlington arcade :) ^^

+1, I was thinking exactly the same thing!!

DC

Very well spotted!

StormyNight

DC. I don't wear it because I've got an almost identical Rolex Addict modded 5512 which I actually had done to "protect" the genuine thing!

The gen 5512 is becoming fairly hard to find at a sensible price, for a decent one nowadays so I don't want to damage/risk it but wearing it often.

_DC_
Looks like Burlington arcade :) ^^

+1, I was thinking exactly the same thing!!

DC

Very well spotted!

Haha, too much time spent pressing my nose against the glass there! My favourite though is the shop on the corner which sells the worlds best macaroons!!!! FACT!!!

DC

_DC_
DC. I don't wear it because I've got an almost identical Rolex Addict modded 5512 which I actually had done to "protect" the genuine thing!

The gen 5512 is becoming fairly hard to find at a sensible price, for a decent one nowadays so I don't want to damage/risk it but wearing it often.

I don't blame you, they are indeed a rare bird, six 5513s to every 5512 so I've heard!

DC

hsmooth

IMG_1942_zps278110bc.jpg

Here's my collection.

Next on my list -- some PN daytonas, maybe a milsub, and a 1675?

Wait a minute hsmooth... where did you get the gold Paul Newman? Didn't think these were repped...?

Hey sorry I missed your post Ish

That gold daytona is a custom build. It has mostly DW parts (case, hands). The modder originally bought that dial as advertised to be a refinished gen dial, however it's actually just a really really old rep dial -- I don't have any specific details about it though. Apparently it's from years ago. Maybe someone here will know more about it?

Conex

Sorry, I have had some family stuff to deal with so been off for a few days. Thanks for the continued pictures and comments people. This has turned into a nice little treasure chest of vintageness!! :)

_DC_
I'm going to go for one of these and try and see if RA can work his magic on it... Hopefully i'll be able to get through :(

http://www.ttw888.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=622

That was added to Trusty's site in 2006, I wouldn't bet on it still being available mate :(

DC

George.
I'm going to go for one of these and try and see if RA can work his magic on it... Hopefully i'll be able to get through :(

http://www.ttw888.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=622

That was added to Trusty's site in 2006, I wouldn't bet on it still being available mate :(

DC

Aaah shit, you make a good point. I should make some enquiries bufore i get my hopes up :(

Conex

I have just bought a watch from TT that was added in 2006. It's on it's way, so they do have them sometimes. I guess if it's popular and not updated every other week ie version 207 etc then you could be in luck mate.

George.
I have just bought a watch from TT that was added in 2006. It's on it's way, so they do have them sometimes. I guess if it's popular and not updated every other week ie version 207 etc then you could be in luck mate.

Nice mate, what did you go for?

Stephan121

Amazing watches!

Conex

The Explorer 1 ref #1016. Despite it being around since 2006, it still seems to be the best rep I have seen of it. Nice start to a vintagizing project. I love the simplicity of the design. A true classic, iconic design.

George.

The Explorer 1 ref #1016. Despite it being around since 2006, it still seems to be the best rep I have seen of it. Nice start to a vintagizing project. I love the simplicity of the design. A true classic, iconic design.

Beautiful! That's my next choice if the milgauss doesn't work out.. I'm actually taking a look at some gen 1016's on Ian Blowers, remarkably well priced

Conex

Beautiful! That's my next choice if the milgauss doesn't work out.. I'm actually taking a look at some gen 1016's on Ian Blowers, remarkably well priced

Yes, they do go for a pretty good price compared to other vintage gens. I am in the mind it's the original James Bond watch as Mr.Fleming wore one.

Ishmael
Sorry, I have had some family stuff to deal with so been off for a few days. Thanks for the continued pictures and comments people. This has turned into a nice little treasure chest of vintageness!! :)

Hope everything's alright mate. Missed you whilst you were gone!

_DC_
given the popularity of all the vintage goodness in here, and the sudden burst of interest in the vintage tona's,

I thought id share this:

http://rolexblog.blogspot.co.uk/2012/11/the-ultimate-rolex-daytona-ultimate.html

A whole lot of sex wee has happened.

Aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh jizzz everywhere!!!!

DC

Pseudonym

Group buy on the book? LOL

Conex

given the popularity of all the vintage goodness in here, and the sudden burst of interest in the vintage tona's,

I thought id share this:

http://rolexblog.blo...a-ultimate.html

A whole lot of sex wee has happened.

Lovely!!!

Hope everything's alright mate. Missed you whilst you were gone!

Thanks buddy, it's good to be back.

Conex

Holy crap, just saw the price of that book!!