Sign in to follow this  
Bigburdy

PAM 090 setting date

Bigburdy

Hi all,

Someone please help out a newbie here. I recently bought a Pam 090 (with working power reserve). I found that setting the date I had to wind the hands through 24 hours to change the date. Is this the correct way to do this or reading another thread, does it sound like a thread issue?

Thanks in advance

Wriggles

AFAIK the working power reserve models are 21J and have a date pusher button on the side of the case around the 7/8 marker.

Bigburdy

You are a diamond. this is why I joined this forum. To help me with my lack of knowledge :giggle:

mysterio

There are two settings on the stem, the date setting and the time setting. The time setting you already know, it's when the crown is pulled all the way out. The date setting is a bit inwards, in between the time setting and when the crown is pushed all the way in. Make sure that the time is set to 6 o'clock before changing the date. This is to prevent changing the date when the watch is near the date change (typically between 11:00 and 1:00), which may damage the date change gears. After changing the date (I usually set it one day before the actual date), use the time setting mode to move the hands until the date changes to the correct date.

This is for A7750 based PAMs though. lmbicn is correct on the 21J based PAMs.

Edited by mysterio

jdog

There are two settings on the stem, the date setting and the time setting. The time setting you already know, it's when the crown is pulled all the way out. The date setting is a bit inwards, in between the time setting and when the crown is pushed all the way in. Make sure that the time is set to 6 o'clock before changing the date. This is to prevent changing the date when the watch is near the date change (typically between 11:00 and 1:00), which may damage the date change gears. After changing the date (I usually set it one day before the actual date), use the time setting mode to move the hands until the date changes to the correct date.

Not on this watch. Its via the pusher as IM said around the 7 oclock marker on the side of the case.

BadPickle

This is for A7750 based PAMs though. lmbicn is correct on the 21J based PAMs.

Fools rush in where angels fear to tread. :giggle:

narikaa

Still wrong though as its a peculiarity of the 21j Power Reserves only

Ruski91

PAM.jpg

This PAM090 has a working PR which means it has a 23J Movement. This means that the date can not be adjusted via the crown like the A7750 movements. But take a look at the picture above. You see the button on the side of the case @8 ?

If you press this button you will adjust the date.

black263

You are a diamond. this is why I joined this forum. To help me with my lack of knowledge :giggle:

It is important not to change the date between about 9pm and 3am, as somewhere in those times, the mechanism will be engaging the auto-date change, and you can damage it if you try to force a date change at the same time. My technique nowadays is to wind the time forward to read 6 o'clock. (don't need to know if it's am or pmI then use the quick-set date (by whatever method) to change the date to the day before I want. I then wind forward the time until the date changes. Now it's showing early morning on the date I need, and I can then wind forward to am or pm as needed and set the time. There are a variety of other options, but my method works for any watch where there is a quick-set date, and so applies no matter which of the watches in my collection I am setting.