Sign in to follow this  
AllergyDoc

Rolex Rolesium YM from Prestige Watch Comp.

AllergyDoc

Years ago I bought a "Newbie" Rolesium YM from Andrew but was never thrilled by it. I've been tempted by WM9's/BK's version after reading all the rave reviews, but didn't want to shell out that many clams unless I was sure I would wear it a lot. So it was moved to a back burner.

Then Robert posted his new model for sale, with an Asian ETA movement and I jumped.

The package posted in Thailand on the 8th and I had it on the 12th--pretty fast shipping. I paid extra for the EMS. I was checking the tracking on-line, which said the package was still in Thailand, when the postman walked through the door with it. Thai tracking isn't too current, I guess. It never even showed up on the USPS site.

I unwrapped the package, wafted in the exotic odor emanating from the packing materials, and immediately heard a noise that sounded like a marble rolling around in a small metal box; the rotor had come loose in transit. I opened it up at home and saw that the screw was in place, but the rotor was off. The Rolex metallic sticker had also come unglued from the rotor. (gasp)

As the rotor screw was still attached, I was puzzled. Turned out the rotor had become detached from the small round cog piece that the screw passes through. Hmm... I managed to force the cog piece back into the rotor, screwed it on, but when I replaced the case back the rotor made a loud scraping sound.

Dreading having to ship it back for repair, I pulled out my first replica, a DayDate, took the rotor off it and screwed it onto my new watch. Works perfectly (so far).

I paid a total of $200, with shipping and CC fees.

It's a very impressive watch, in person. Providing you don't mind the "bling" of the polished surfaces.

4991389779_f18bb85e4e_b.jpg

Recall in his sales thread that the dial really sparkles. You can just start to see why on the next couple of shots. (I needed more light on the dial.)

4991389867_6832a31354_b.jpg

4991389945_224c8d66db_b.jpg

In direct light, the dial really lights up.

4991996526_7b6f5ee0ac_b.jpg

The bezel turns with distinctive clicks. The lume is excellent: a tad lighter on the hands than the hour markers but perfectly readable until the sun comes up. Almost as good as the DeepSea lume. I had a V3 that had even lume on hands, hour markers, and pearl.

My only niggles (so the Brits can follow along) are: the cyclops sits over the date window a tad too far to the right and I had to battle nasty rep Rolex bracelet screws. After poking a couple of holes in my fingers, I gave the bracelet the Rock 'N Roll bike lube treatment and the screws loosened up (and no more bracelet rattle).

A very good value, IMO, and fabulous watch.

Does my wristie look like Charley Sheen on Three and a Half Men? :Whistle:

manrikisan

Good pics and review.

GC

Doc, that's a really nice YM!

The dial looks wicked good, and I'm very fond of the red sec hand.

Some superb photos to boot!

Enjoy it often Doc... very often!

greg_r

Very nice dial on that YM. Congrats! :Whistle:

atmos

wow ! pretty nice looking YM. enjoy it :Whistle:

Ska

Hot Damn thats pretty!!

Silverspeed

Very good looking Yachtmaster Doc...the dial is beautiful and the lume dots are spot on, most YM reps have dome lume dots and the metal rings around the hour markers are usually too fat

....this looks spot on!

dammit.....why did I sell my Yachtmaster :Whistle:

Del

That is really hot - I SO want one of those :drool: . (Slightly put off with your rotor problems though ;) .....)

Great pics - they really show off that sparkly dial. Thanks for the review :lol:.