Sign in to follow this  
dfq23

:) then :( with my new graham - updated!

dfq23

Grrrrr!

Just had one of Toros cheap graham chronofighters delivered. Immediate reaction was wow I really like this. That was soon tempered when I went to put it on and saw that it has a black tang buckle on it. Not steel one as it should be.

Peed me right off as it's a lovely watch! Had look at the QC pics again and there is no clear pic of the buckle and where it is is just part in the background and in shade.

Have emailed to see if he can get the correct one and posted a want to buy but does anyone know if it will be easy enough to remove the black? Don't think it's PVD as it's shiny. Prob just paint I would think (and hope!)

Edited by dfq23

Conex

Toro will probably just send you another buckle. Similar thing happened to me and just sent out a new one. He's good like that.

klgten

you could probably remove it and use paint thinner, but don't quote me on that.

Cynikal.Mindset

if its shiny and black its polished metal under the pvd coating witch is not easily removed...you could sand it off and repolish it if it comes down to doing that though

DR3M3L
Toro will probably just send you another buckle. Similar thing happened to me and just sent out a new one. He's good like that.

He told me the same a year ago for replacement of a damaged crownguard, just like everyone else. It was damaged in shipping. He agreed on replacing. He would ship a new CG. Reminded him 6 times by email and he's always "waiting" for the crownguard. I gave up. I gave up on Toro too.

Kuvarsit sourced it in two days and 6 days later it was at my door.

The end.

gareth

okay bud I can help no worries... I do this all the time with rifle parts. get down to the shops and pick up some caustic soda they use it to unblock sinks then get a glass tub some rubber gloves and some pliers. put in about 1 third caustic soda and two thirds warm water speeds up the reaction then dip the metal in and watch it after about 30-40 seconds it will start to fiz shake it using the pliers don't put your hands near this stuff then once its silver just rinse under clean water.

It will just remove the paint so if it wasn't polished underneath this is the point to get a rag and some autosol or a scratch pen depending on the finish you need.

If your worried just look at it on youtube someone has done it

and it really is that easy

Best of luck buddy hope that helps

also if your in the UK I get mine from poundland :)

dfq23

Fingers crossed as I think this may actually be a keeper and I know from feedback that he is a good guy

Realism

He told me the same a year ago for replacement of a damaged crownguard, just like everyone else. It was damaged in shipping. He agreed on replacing. He would ship a new CG. Reminded him 6 times by email and he's always "waiting" for the crownguard. I gave up. I gave up on Toro too.

The end.

careful.... he'll remove you from his raffle

dfq23

okay bud I can help no worries... I do this all the time with rifle parts. get down to the shops and pick up some caustic soda they use it to unblock sinks then get a glass tub some rubber gloves and some pliers. put in about 1 third caustic soda and two thirds warm water speeds up the reaction then dip the metal in and watch it after about 30-40 seconds it will start to fiz shake it using the pliers don't put your hands near this stuff then once its silver just rinse under clean water.

It will just remove the paint so if it wasn't polished underneath this is the point to get a rag and some autosol or a scratch pen depending on the finish you need.

That sounds doable mate! Yep UK here. Will give them a look after work. Thanks loads

DR3M3L

The end.

I already have a macbook. :Whistle:

dfq23

That video is amazing

gareth

no worries bud honest will take about 5mins and works a treat

gareth

yeah that video is pretty cool but use gloves buddy I don't want your burns on my conscience :death::fuelfire::)

dfq23

Already nicked some from work ready. We use hydrochloric to strip metal so have loads plus i'm the boss!

Realism

The end.

toro raffle has a new macbook noob

DR3M3L

The end.

Is it 1:1? AAAA++++?

gareth

that's handy if your the boss, you will have to post some pics of before and after I bet it will look great

Realism

The end.

Is it 1:1? AAAA++++?

YESh... but i wouldn't know... he excluded me ya know

simey83

That's awesome :)

gareth

thanks matey works on rifles :)

dfq23

Unfortunately it looks like it might be PVD as gave the soda a try and no luck. Bugger!

dalboy

i'm the boss!

In that case Daryn give yourself a pay rise and buy the Gen.. :lmao: ..

Ohh , and btw.. use brake fluid it strips paint a treat , well it did when some fucker chucked some over my car !...................Pricks !

DR3M3L
Unfortunately it looks like it might be PVD as gave the soda a try and no luck. Bugger!

Did you read my PM mate?

dfq23

i'm the boss!

In that case Daryn give yourself a pay rise and buy the Gen.. :lmao: ..

Ohh , and btw.. use brake fluid it strips paint a treat , well it did when some fucker chucked some over my car !...................Pricks !

Cheeky bugger lol! Wouldn't want m be them if you catch em mate

Did you read my PM mate?

Yep mate and replied. Thanks ever so much

Edited by dfq23

gareth

how long did you leave it in to be honest bud sometimes whilst removing gun blueing it can take more than 5 minutes just gotta keep watching it and turning it :)