Sign in to follow this  
AS90

I bought a Pebble and sold all my reps!

Jetpac

They wear an awful lot nicer than they look in photos.

Simple, but works fantastically well. I borrowed one for a while and it was great!.. Its on my list for sure.

I wouldn't get rid of my Superocean44 for it (my only rep now) but it is still an awesome piece!

Bigcountrykris

Thats it, ALL my reps are going, im getting one.

gran

I know this won't go down well here :D

I bought a Pebble smart watch and found I didn't wear any of my reps anymore. I had a huge unexpected bill come in and had to sell a couple of guitars or my watches. I chose the watches. I absolutely love the Pebble and would be lost without it now. I love getting all my texts, emails and notifications straight to my wrist, love the GPS for driving or cycling, love how I can control my music in work without having to put down what I am doing, take my gloves off and unzip my coveralls. I like having a different watch face every day, with lots of information on each one, love controlling my tv, love the pedometer, the weather apps are useful, its waterproof down to 5ATM and very robust. Love the crystal screen protector too.

I simply didn't wear my reps at all. I do need a dress watch so will probably pick up something on m2m. I think the Apple iWatch will be a million times better than the pebble so can't wait for that.

8DCDA60A-94EF-4973-9156-3481D8EB50C9_zps6h3zt3xc.jpg

26A353B8-584C-4AAA-9BF4-63E4C7DF6BDE_zpsirhhrlng.jpg

51BAEB93-3FC4-4C06-AABF-089635920EF4_zpsohqaikqm.jpg

1B186CF4-20F1-4173-B134-0358048BEF6E_zpsny1shqzo.jpg

5BB543C1-1F03-4C96-90AF-2A901F805CBF_zpsbsoiibab.jpg

:P

Every smartphone owner should try one!

Sacriledge

tumblr_lv16juVkKI1qjbgqso1_500.gif

RUSH2112

Looks like a real pussy magnet

mysterio

Looks like a real pussy magnet

Must attract real fugly pussies. :lol:

I like the concept, but the look is...ugh. I'll get a smartwatch because I'm a gadget freak but I will hold out until something that looks infinitely better comes along. Maybe the Motorola or the Apple offerings when they are released.

Daywatch

Does the seconds hand tick or sweep on these?:)

A couple Years ago would have jumped on this in the pre-release phase but now....

First I learned to live without the electronic gadgetery on the wrist, than I learned to live without a stopwatch

and now I even learned to live without a date-complication....

Zen has settled down on me and I think I want to keep it this way.

trailboss99

The Motorola I'd wear but that thing? :mousepanic-r:

N.Rico

UUMMMM ! NOP not for me . :thumbdown:

mysterio

The Motorola I'd wear but that thing? :mousepanic-r:

Yeah, and it's almost out.

silver_metal_600_0000.png

:drool:

LightGeek

I have a Neo but only wear it in the house so I just leave my phone charging upstairs. The range is excellent on that thing even using BLE. I tried wearing it out of the house but it's just too -- I don't know. I might try the Moto 360 but otherwise I'll take a nice mechanical piece any day.

sy2e5e6e.jpg

strozzi

Can't wait for the Noob factory rep of this!

myaz

Now, why didja have to do that? What will ya talk about now?

Perfectly good avatar going to waste if you stay in the dark side...do stick around, just don't bring up that Pebble thing anymore. okee? :P

rusty peters

I just ran into my first Smartwatch at a funeral over the weekend. It was a Samsung Gear something or another. My cousin had the dial looking like a Rolex Sub. I guess it was kind of cool if you are into that sort of thing. His had a camera on the strap that made it look even worse.

Nice Radiomir strap by the way!!!!

millionaire wannabe

The things I would do to your avatar AS90! :) Mrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeooooooww! Hotness

Wait, getting distracted here. .....must....not......admire........hot woman unzipping megaboobies....lol.

Oh yeah, the smart watch. If they could ever combine an actual mechanical automatic movement in one of these, and keep it real sleek, I'd be in. Until then, meh. There's gotta be gears and wheels and springs and levers and rubies and whirlygigs and whatchamacallits and stuff powering it and making a fantastic little symphony of old fashioned ticking going on in there, if I hold it to my ears. No electricity, preferred (except eco drive and a couple quartz work mules :) )

Like the IWC analog display though.

YotaBoy

Wat.Da.Fack.

Edited by YotaBoy

greg_r
Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the Western Spiral arm of the Galaxy lies a small unregarded yellow sun.

Orbiting this at a distance of roughly ninety-eight million miles is an utterly insignificant little blue-green planet whose ape-descended life forms are so amazingly primitive that they still think digital watches are a pretty neat idea. ~ Douglas Adams

AS90

To be honest I don't even think of this as a watch, for like an extension of my phone. A bit like a blutooth headset.

StormyNight

Genuine question then AS90: Why not use your phone to do all this?

AS90

Mainly because I have to wear several layers of protection in work and gloves. It's a total ball ache virtually stripping off only to find it's not an important text or email. I bought it for work but soon found I needed it all the time. It's not the best looking smartwatch but is by far the most functional.

StormyNight

Cool! Thanks for the reply. I can't see why most people would need one by you might be the exception : D

964boy

Whatever floats your boat

Irishcain
Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the Western Spiral arm of the Galaxy lies a small unregarded yellow sun.

Orbiting this at a distance of roughly ninety-eight million miles is an utterly insignificant little blue-green planet whose ape-descended life forms are so amazingly primitive that they still think digital watches are a pretty neat idea. ~ Douglas Adams

Greg, I'm now officially convinced that you should be nominated for a literary award. I almost spit out my coffee when I read your post. Adams is among my favorite authors.

Mainly because I have to wear several layers of protection in work and gloves. It's a total ball ache virtually stripping off only to find it's not an important text or email. I bought it for work but soon found I needed it all the time. It's not the best looking smartwatch but is by far the most functional.

AS90, I quite understand the need for convenience. Convenience is why we're wearing wrist watches instead of pocket watches. WWI and WWII officers found it too cumbersome (and sometimes deadly) to dig out pocket watches to coordinate troop movements. They quickly turned to "women's" accessories, namely the wristwatch, for the convenience and ease of use. While I would personally never wear that pebble, I wish you all the best in your decision to. This is a forum that supports its members.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I think I just vomited in my mouth a little.

Del

Now, if you'll excuse me, I think I just vomited in my mouth a little.

:lmao2:

draggnation

£90.

Where did you get yours for 90 quid?.. I kinda like it