Sign in to follow this  
johns777

A7550 28.8 BPH vs 21.6

johns777

Hi guys,

I am new to these forums and to watches in general but I have recently become interested in purchasing a Tag Heuer Carrera Replica from Mary at watchinternational. I have been browsing the forums but couldn't find anything to help answer my question.

Mary has told me that she does not have the best version of this watch available i.e. the 28.8 bph movement but does have the 21.6 version for $235.

Does this mean the watch will be less reliable mechanically or less acurate? My main concern is reliability. I understand that buying a replica will not be as good as buying a genuine watch, but I was hoping to have it last at least a few years without breaking down.

Hope you guys can shed some light.

Cheers

dave

Luthier

John, speed of the mov't has nothing to do with reliability. Just seconds hand on 28,800 bph will move little bit smoother than on 21,600 bhp.

Both movements are quite accurate, and with proper adjustment (if needed) will give you plus - minus 5-8 seconds a day, maybe even less.

Both movements are reliable, and will last for a long time, if you'll not beat in with sledgehammer.

turnipz

Really, I've heard the non-eta break very easily. Just from people who say they've owned a bunch and a few of them broke after a year.

prestigewatchco

The low beat is no more likely to break than the high beat. A year in rep terms is a lifetime 90% of members will have sold it long before that and moved onto another watch.

If you are buying it as an heirloom then buy the gen

robertk

I have both hi and lo beats that have lasted several years and are still going strong. I think they are certainly equally reliable.

johns777

Thanks for the info guys, what a great forum for a newbie like myself.

All I have to do now is to decide between the Carrera Chronograph or the Grand Carrera Calibre 17 :jingoism:

Luthier

They both are chrono.