Sign in to follow this  
Poohmonster

Where are they now !

Poohmonster

Is it just me or have some of the old RWG crew abandoned us.......haven't anything here for a while from :

Swissaddict

Allergy Doc

Dave123

GHR

?

alphakazi

SA come around regularly as well as AD

Dave123 I hear is in Mexico I think

GHR - comes rarely

Dems was shooed off from John

and luthier is in the bushes - shhhh

JohnG
SA come around regularly as well as AD

Dave123 I hear is in Mexico I think

GHR - comes rarely

Dems was shooed off from John

and luthier is in the bushes - shhhh

He didn't ask about Dems.

Actually, Demsey gave a big speech about his wife and not spending enough time with her and then he disappeared.... and immediately started posting at RWG.cc

Some only promote laissez faire when they can control what others say. I guess it makes sense to them. :lol:

Being serious for a minute, he made some really fucking nasty comment about my deceased mother and I gave him the treatment (I was no innocent, I was being my regular self and that provoked him). He put me on ignore but kept reading my posts (which were pretty nasty too, though I left his family out of it). He actually left at a time I had been off the board for a while (I was on vacation) so I really don't know why he left. I would have preferred that he stay, make peace and let bygones be bygones, rather than play a childish "I am not listening" game punctuated by some of the most nasty personal attacks I have ever experienced (I now have no doubt whatsoever who Mr. Ouch was). But he wanted to go a different way...

greg_r
(I now have no doubt whatsoever who Mr. Ouch was).

You know, it hadn't even occurred to me that Dems might be behind that, but now you say it, I can only concur. It fits the profile.

AllergyDoc

I'm trying to break the cycle of dependence...

JohnG
fingers7wl.gif

gottahaverolex

I check the threads daily, I just have nothing intelligent to post most of the time. Life has been very busy with my kids wrestling practices and tournaments and cub scouts. I quite my band and am working on the Audi all the time. I'm taking it to alll the Audi/ VW shows this summer so I have lots of work to do. I'll at least post when I come around so you don't all think I'm a stalker! :lol: Life gets in the way sometimes, ya know. Reps still rule and so do you guys!!!

onzenuub
I check the threads daily, I just have nothing intelligent to post most of the time. Life has been very busy with my kids wrestling practices and tournaments and cub scouts. I quite my band and am working on the Audi all the time. I'm taking it to alll the Audi/ VW shows this summer so I have lots of work to do. I'll at least post when I come around so you don't all think I'm a stalker! :lol: Life gets in the way sometimes, ya know. Reps still rule and so do you guys!!!

Nice to hear again GHR, come back soon.

AllergyDoc

SwissAddict has "life issues" as well. How inconsiderate of life to get in the way of wasting time online.

JohnG
I check the threads daily, I just have nothing intelligent to post most of the time.

Don't let that stop you - I sure don't. :mad:

iabounty
I check the threads daily, I just have nothing intelligent to post most of the time. Life has been very busy with my kids wrestling practices and tournaments and cub scouts. I quite my band and am working on the Audi all the time. I'm taking it to alll the Audi/ VW shows this summer so I have lots of work to do. I'll at least post when I come around so you don't all think I'm a stalker! :rolleyes: Life gets in the way sometimes, ya know. Reps still rule and so do you guys!!!

I check the threads daily, I just have nothing intelligent to post most of the time.

Don't let that stop you - I sure don't. :blush:

I'm lookin for a drummer for a 60's band I'm forming for about the 60th time....... A nice watch is manditory........Intelligence is not required but rhythm, unless your Ringo is quite important..... Have fun with the Audi and don't be a stranger here...... :blush:

alphakazi
he made some really fucking nasty comment about my deceased mother

I missed THAT one :blush:

(and sorry to hear this also)

sconehead
I check the threads daily, I just have nothing intelligent to post most of the time. Life has been very busy with my kids wrestling practices and tournaments and cub scouts. I quite my band and am working on the Audi all the time. I'm taking it to alll the Audi/ VW shows this summer so I have lots of work to do. I'll at least post when I come around so you don't all think I'm a stalker! :blush: Life gets in the way sometimes, ya know. Reps still rule and so do you guys!!!

Regarding the Audi, Portercable or Bitlema?

omni
Actually, Demsey gave a big speech about his wife and not spending enough time with her and then he disappeared.... and immediately started posting at RWG.cc

I'm drinking and blogging here so don't read this if you're a yawner. We all said and understood in this latest attempt to resurrrect RWG, as they did with RWG.cc, it will be what it will be, I think we will all be surprised how it all pans out from the original intentions. I take no sides, there are too many variables, too many sides of the story, too many doppelgangers of individual persona allowed to float in this soup of an un-moderated forum such as this to make judgments since it really is all incognito of ones true personality, or parts of ones persona. Some underlying factors go with anyone's disappearance or reappearance in these forums that you will never comprehend. I know a couple of back stories and they are not what you would imagine why these people have recently disappeared, some of it is just pure disinterest.

Dems is one of my oldest & closests internet forum buddies, however, even in that, I take no sides and let things lie where they are. I can prove that as I'm actually responding to JohnG's post here in this thread, I will always take people in for what they want to offer and try not to be too judgmental. If I don't like you, I just don't respond or participate, no energy is my tool of response - rather than flame wars and denigration received. If you're looking for my button to push, its "OFF" in my case. Sure, we all don't like certain forum personalities, I just don't wish to voice the dislike as I will always give enough rope for people themselves to just hang themselves.

You can bang & scream around these asylum walls all you want and opinionate what you will, but will eventually get no satisfaction since the one not responding really has the upper hand, they've just proved they've washed their hands of you and the forum ambiance, having viewed the forest for the trees and decided better ways to spend their off time.

There is some truth to what Dems posted, although I know a lot of the underlying reasons why he quit here through PMs, you'll notice that his blogging posts are no longer available over there either, so some, not all, of the truth is, he needs time off and away from the forums as he stated for the obvious reasons.

I think the latest attempts to put more info content here and rearrange the good GD threads into the brands area are admirable to attract more unsuspecting people to cull the crazies from to stay long term, this forum will not wind up what the original intentions were for, that's a given. It will be what it will be and some that were all enthusiastic at the beginning with a hope of what they thought it should be will fade away disappointed. That's just life, internet life, but still life.

Think I'll go pour another one. :blush:

swissaddict

Hiya all... I had some things going on that kept me away for a little while. Sometimes things come up that make rep watch forums relatively not so important, you know? but I've been lurking around much more in the past week or two. I've been posting at RG in the past week (the rapid thread movement means there's always something I have an opinion on or can help with), a couple times at RWI, and here pretty much for the 3-word story (and a tutorial on posting pics from flickr).

Also-- I didn't catch any of the Dems nastiness that johng referred to, but it sounds like it was ugly and I'm sorry it happened. I always thought Dems was an interesting fellow, but certainly adopting the MrOuch persona or making cruel remarks about deceased parents is far beyond tolerable behavior.

Anyhoo... I've been getting into another hobby lately..renewed interest in an old hobby, actually-- photography. I'm not great at it, but I'm improving steadily and getting enjoyment from it, so that's good. I'll probably share some photos here.

As for watches... I find myself wearing the same few almost exclusively: silver Datejust, IWC 3717 spitfire (white), PAM 48, and black Sub. I'll probably be selling most of the rest since I don't rotate like I used to-- I'll give a heads up here before posting for sale elsewhere.. kind of a nod of respect to [the reincarnation of] my first rep home :blush: On my wishlist remains a couple of gens... Omega SMP (black, non-PO), and a Blancpain white dress watch.

Well that's a little update from me. Hope everyone here is doing well.. Doc, johng, alpha, ia, onz, greg, omni, dave, ghr.. all of you . Life is short-- try to enjoy :blush:

Edited by swissaddict

alphakazi
Life is short-- try to enjoy :blush:

isn't that the truth -

be sure to make a photography thread soon - I'd be interested to see some nice pics - hell, I'd throw a few of mind in for shits and giggles (I'm quite the amateur) but do enjoy getting a good shot

even though our RL takes over sometimes (which for the most part should) do drop in every so often to make a post or two - besides, I enjoy seeing that PAM in your avatar put in the mix :blush:

AllergyDoc

Ah well.

RWG.1.1 (or whatever--I can never keep that straight) will be different than RWG1. But then, I can't have my first girlfriend back, either. Oh well.

Dems disassociated with life and left.

I bought another Sub, this time one with lume (which I'm addicted to).

Omni and RA both need a haircut.

And "real" life moves on, with or without our participation.

I'm sick of California.

alphakazi
I'm sick of California.

I didn't think that was possible. Come to Ontario for a bit and you'll change your mind - as the saying goes -the grass is always greener... but in California it really is :blush: plus the bikinis can't hurt none

AllergyDoc

F that. I'm moving to Hawaii next year, come hell or high water!

alphakazi

now there's a place I'd like to at least visit - on the very top of my list of places to vacation to

I hear it's expensive though

RolexAddict
now there's a place I'd like to at least visit - on the very top of my list of places to vacation to

I hear it's expensive though

Yes, expensive. Even with a strong euro for us European. Right now, people involved in touristic business are crying. Hotels are almost empty. You can get rooms and car rental for peanuts, but the day life is expensive. For food, drinks, gas etc. prices are twice more than in Florida for exemple. This is for Kauaï and Maui. I have found Oahu island cheaper and Honolulu/Waikiki is a great city with a lot of good shops and restaurants.

JohnG

Move to New England! Best place to live in the U.S.

Good to see you SA, come back more often...

And where does AD keep getting the idea that RWG1 was more civilized than it is here? Maybe a century ago, but two weeks after I joined Fakey and Dave did their all-nighter spamathon... Also about that time was Fakey's showdown with Jos Nana in which Josh called him a "water-buffalo pussy." Then there were Fakey's death threats (and the whole I am a hitman persona). Then there was Penguin calling everyone dumbshit... then the Final Judgement thread, and so on... (not to mention the whole RWG watch embezzlement fiasco that happened long before most of us got there). Drama and flames wars were an almost daily thing there. And frankly it made the place interesting in a Jerry Springer way. That is the way it was since the time I joined in April.

Have some people really forgotten this? The bulk of the "old timers" had departed for greener pastures long before I joined, exactly because of this kind of stuff. That is the RWG1 that most of US loved - the one we missed when it went down... but I think Doc is pining for a RWG that died a LONG time ago - long before the forum went down.

RolexAddict
Ah well.

Omni and RA both need a haircut.

:lol:

I like my hairs style, I hate the comformity, I don't want to look like regular clean and perfect people in the street :gunbandana:

I am a bad boy, a gangster,

one again, I like my hairs style :rofl:

Edited by RolexAddict

omni

I'm in my 60's, I really don't give a shit what anyone thinks of my hair at this age, I'm just enjoying it as as long as I can as it seems to get thinner the older I get! :lol:

gottahaverolex

I'm lookin for a drummer for a 60's band I'm forming for about the 60th time....... A nice watch is manditory........Intelligence is not required but rhythm, unless your Ringo is quite important..... Have fun with the Audi and don't be a stranger here...... :lol:

Call me up Bounty! We'll jam next time I'm out west.

Seems the DSSD has my total attention now. Haven't worn another watch since I bought it. Water proofed it really well and took it swimming and it performed like a champ. I never wear any of my other watches, but the Concord will see some summer action I suppose. Selling all the others off when I get a chance, the Pam 212 and 009 PVD, My Breit Bentleys and a few rollies.. Look out for them on the other forums if you want a bargain as I'm looking to unload them cheap!!!! I'll still pop in from time to time but not as often as before. Gotta run now but will catch you all soon!