Sign in to follow this  
alanArgon

Watch smith to reposition Faux PR hands on Big Pilot

alanArgon

Hi guys need help!!! Anyone knows if there's a way to tweak the position of the faux PR hands in the big pilot - have seen some pix from replicas that the PR hands seat on the Day's line rather than covering the '7'. Can it be turned and anyone knows how to do it or whom can do it - many thanks all!!!

JSJ
Hi guys need help!!! Anyone knows if there's a way to tweak the position of the faux PR hands in the big pilot - have seen some pix from replicas that the PR hands seat on the Day's line rather than covering the '7'. Can it be turned and anyone knows how to do it or whom can do it - many thanks all!!!

Yes it's easy. You need to take the movement out, which is a quick job if you know how. You'll need some tools and a bit of care and courage the first time you do it.

If you want to have a go, have a read up about taking out the movement.

Ask some more if you get stuck.

Whereabouts are you? Someone will help. I'm in the UK.

alanArgon

Thanks v much - I m in Singapore - may want to try doing it at watch shops here - u know any links to how to remove the movement?

jingo.smile

Actually it's pretty easy with the big pilot, I had one "super rep version" with faux PR.

It's a matter of 3 minutes.

Open the back. Open two screws. Take out movement. Done.

Had to do it because I had dust under the crystal.

So any watchsmith should be capable.

alanArgon

Thanks pal I will try Thanks a lot

higginsd

The biggest problem is to get the winding stem out of the movement. Search for "keyless works". Most BP movements are not even fixed with 2 screws.

Edited by higginsd

JSJ

Either take it to a watchsmith who should do it quickly for not much money or take the caseback off and we can advise further when we've seen the movement. Agree with Higgins that the bigger challenge if you've never done it is removing the stem. Not difficult but it has a knack.

jingo.smile

Oh yeah, I forgot the stem. There is a small "button". You have to press it very gently to get the stem out.

But like JSJ said, make a picture and we advise you further.

alanArgon

Thanks all for advice - will bring to watch smith also will upload pix once u get it this week

ryaku

Thanks all for advice - will bring to watch smith also will upload pix once u get it this week

Yep, wise decision. :)