Sign in to follow this  
I_EXPLODE_WATER_MELLONS

Although perfect clones is a TD, I'm scared.

zinnboy
:hangin:

stevok2305

BOO!!!!!

:giggle:

Hope that didn't scare you too much!

Edited by stevok2305

Conex

Buy with confidence from Josh. He is a good chap. Its not Amazon mate. No TD is going to say "This Sub is pretty good, but the cyclops is sometimes not right and the lume is a bit sketchy, oh and occasionally the watch might need a bit of attention because its made in a rat hole".

LightGeek

You're sure you're using the correct site? Just checking.

greg_r

1: I recommend you learn to spell "Melons"

2: Yes, the factories DO often obtain the gen watch to dissect when making a high-end rep. It's not always the case, but it's more common than you seem to think

3: Dealers are on the trusted list for a REASON. If, even after reading all the feedback and other information on here, you are still scared, I would recommend buying a Seiko from Amazon.

Derek Mc

1: I recommend you learn to spell "Melons"

2: Yes, the factories DO often obtain the gen watch to dissect when making a high-end rep. It's not always the case, but it's more common than you seem to think

3: Dealers are on the trusted list for a REASON. If, even after reading all the feedback and other information on here, you are still scared, I would recommend buying a Seiko from Amazon.

+1

Well said, end of!

NFleischer

I think Josh and Andrew will buy a gen for the factories to work on a special project. Angus may do that with his factory contacts

as well. Remember, breaking down a single watch may provide information for several reps.

Left Coast Guy

We're missing something here...

It's not the TD that buy the gens, but the makers... Makes perfect business sense. Call it reverse engineering if you like. Buy a gen, disassemble, laser scan every part & produce cad/PDMS model... Re assemble, & sell. For the cost of flipping a gen - likely used if high value, you then have the 3D files to produce as many as you wish...

Largely the side by side gen vs rep pics will be supplied by the Fac who was selected by the makers to produce.

This would be the business model I would select if in the manufacturing business such as this...

P.

Not to mention, you don't have to disassemble the movement -- the only real difficult part to put back together -- only disassemble the case, dial and hands. Not much risk in being able to put the watch back together again and re-sell the gen on the secondary market if you're only dissecting the those external parts.

JSJ

I'd never thought about this but I suppose there is a err, black market in err, a certain sort of gen... Nobody said they use brand new ones to tear down.

Collaudatore

Can anyone tell me if Josh at PC is still trading?

greg_r

If you'd taken the time to look at th board home page OR the trusted dealer list, you would already know the answer to your question.

Yes, of course he is...

Collaudatore

If you'd taken the time to look at th board home page OR the trusted dealer list, you would already know the answer to your question.

Yes, of course he is...

Thanks, order sent...

sganmus

Thanks to kromp for Tits Mc Gee's post. That's some awesome and sage advice.

bobbybeats

Head's up everyone. I ordered from PC a couple of weeks ago and was expecting to get my package a couple of days ago.. The owner was very responsive sending the usual emails and QC photos same as the last time I ordered from him about 6 months ago. Anyway I went to my mailbox and had a note that a certified letter was being held for me at the post office. I thought maybe this is the package even though last time my building office signed for it. I got to the post office here in Houston, TX and the letter said:

Subject: Detention of International... " parcel is being withheld from delivery.. reasonable grounds to believe its contents are non-mailable, and possibly in violation of Federal Law." There was a phone number to call and voicemail said we need your permission to inspect package to expedite release etc.. So I left a message saying ok, please expedite and left my contact info. This was yesterday afternoon. Then a couple hours later I'm at happy hour with friends and my phone rings with a houston number. It was a nice woman from the Federal customs talking to me about the issues with this purchase and etc. So it sounds like they are going to confiscate and I'm out for the purchase. :( Also she said don't do it again. It's illegal to purchase counterfeit goods etc. I said I wasn't aware of this and the website said the watches were novelty use and not attempting to be copies etc..

Anyway, I'm thinking that PC is on a list here in Houston at least. Last time I ordered a nice PO ceramic omega and everything was smooth as could be. This time not so good results. I'm also concerned about purchasing anything else now. I'm sure my address is on some list now and anything from China is going to be scrutinized. Bummer.

masmannan

hmm, contact your dealer and explain the situation. You should be I think be able to get dealer to resend a replacement.

I suggest you contact a friendly uncle or aunt to out of state for delivery.

Im sure others with experience will chime in!

bobbybeats

I emailed the dealer and I'll see what he says. Good idea to see about shipping to a friend out of state.

Daywatch

Hi OP, if in total doubt after all the posts just choose something cheap You also like with a 21j movement or quartz, pay, wait 3 weeks and check what You get - just delays Your "real" purchase by about a month.

stolikat

Josh is one of the most highly trusted dealers there is and also one of the oldest. He is a super fast communicator and stands behind what he sells.

I would trust him over any other dealer.

Edited by stolikat

Mystery Shopper

Although perfect clones is a TD, I'm scared.

Wait until you see the fingernails on some of the other TDs then. Spooky.

bobbybeats

I emailed the dealer and I'll see what he says. Good idea to see about shipping to a friend out of state.

Update: Josh emailed me back right away and will ship a replacement to an alternate address. I'm impressed! Great service and I'm looking forward to receiving my next rep.

gB.

All's well that ends well in Repdom.

:)

jdietz

I'm in Houston, Texas and posted about this same issue the other day as my latest rep was "seized". I have messaged Toro but haven't heard back from him. We'll see.

Andym7777

What would happen if you told them that you sent the watch to China to be refurbished?

alanArgon

I haven't buy from Perfect Clones. But I do believe the members here are trustworthy... The TDs are not here to make a quick buck and run... like any other retail shop they know they are serving to a wide group of people - like us - and even though Reps cost nothing compared to their Gen counterparts... it is still relatively expensive... (range 240 - 600). TDs like us are human and as long as you are clear of the model that you want and understand its limitations from Gens... then you are safe buying it to start with regardless of who you are buying from.

Research is key to your happiness! Be open to the TDs on what you hope to get out of the rep and ask them for their views as well. I once asked a TD what is his view on the Rep for Black bay Tudor etc etc and he opined that If I want a fool-proof watch, try to get those without chronos... or even Dates.... Because, My first rule for the TD when i make an order is to tell him that I am very particular about datewheel alignment and chrono function... and as such his reply to me.

To date most I get have got perfect datewheel alignment.