Sign in to follow this  
Tits McGee

They should be outed...

CaptainFantastic

Low balling is one thing, but really some of the so called "offers" may as well be regarded as taking the piss. If the same tactics were taken as a percentage and applied to an offer at an authorised dealer, I'm sure they would even struggle to keep up with such a price drop, despite their enormous profit margin.

Realism

^They are always welcome to say no.... not sure what's the big deal...ever negotiate on a contract before??? Yea it's like that

CaptainFantastic
^They are always welcome to say no.... not sure what's the big deal...ever negotiate on a contract before??? Yea it's like that

Too many times to mention, but any time I've negotiated or bargained I've always believed that what I was asking for wasn't completely ridiculous. I guess it's down to who's asking for what and what they consider to be reasonable, but I still think some of the offers we hear about or receive are moments of madness by the person asking. I'm not gonna loose sleep over it, it just makes the mind wonder.

Realism

^hence the ignore, delete pm functions is for

StormyNight

Lowball offers just get completely ignore by me. Not worth wasting time on.

dalboy

I'm getting tired of hitting my wife every time this happens. She's beginning to hit back!

Thoughts?

Kick the Dog instead .. :lol:

EmEye

I don't see the point in being mad at low ballers, it's all apart of making a deal. People shouldn't take offense, it's just business. If a price isn't firm, then you should expect a buyer to negotiate. In life you learn that a close mouth doesn't get fed. So before anybody gets wind up their skirt, just say NO if a price point is too low and counter. It's never personal, ALWAYS business.

Del
I don't see the point in being mad at low ballers, it's all apart of making a deal. People shouldn't take offense, it's just business. If a price isn't firm, then you should expect a buyer to negotiate. In life you learn that a close mouth doesn't get fed. So before anybody gets wind up their skirt, just say NO if a price point is too low and counter. It's never personal, ALWAYS business.

Negotiating is different from low-balling. Low-balling is a lazy attempt at getting a watch below it's real value and is cheeky at best, IMO.

You can discuss price without low-balling and agree a mutually acceptable price - nothing wrong with that.

gran

People shouldn't take offense,

but they are taking offense

tumblr_llza5265wS1qj5wwwo1_500.gif

CaptainFantastic

Negotiating is different from low-balling. Low-balling is a lazy attempt at getting a watch below it's real value and is cheeky at best, IMO.

You can discuss price without low-balling and agree a mutually acceptable price - nothing wrong with that.

The exact words I was looking foe Del. the brain isn't working today, can't get the ideas out.

Realism

So what does outing / shaming achieve?

gran

I guess it will acheive something like "And he will be a wild man; his hand will be against every man, and every man's hand against him; and he shall dwell in the presence of all his brethren"

Realism

^ Ahhh the Judas of replica watch market brethren

Mystery Shopper

This lonely exchange student needed to be outed as well. On the plus side, he feels reborn & much closer to his mum. :D

http://www.news.com....v-1226963283491

Realism

Trolololol

CaptainFantastic
:rofl:

P4GTR

This lonely exchange student needed to be outed as well. On the plus side, he feels reborn & much closer to his mum. :D

http://www.news.com....v-1226963283491

Sometimes it takes a deep joke.

Chrisby

I think both Dan and Greg (HeavyKrush) have got it right. Set a time limit on how long someone has to send the funds through to you. I personally think an hour is long enough.

But as HK says use your instinct here, if someone has sent you one pm saying I'll take it, but then not replied for a day I certainly wouldn't be waiting around for them. With sales to other countries, I have bought a couple from people in Conus (I'm uk) if I send a pm for a watch I want, I don't then go of the grid without relying. I'll state that I may not reply straight away because of the time difference, but I WILL reply as soon as I can.

That being said surely you get a feel for if someone is just going to yank your chain and fuck off without trace?

narikaa

If there was a feedback system then all sellers could see at a glance who to ignore without wasting any time or resources on them

gran

^ Ahhh the Judas of replica watch market brethren

Good guess but its More like Ishmael if you knew your Tanakh

;)

Edited by gran

TheSav

Personally I like lowballers. They give me an avenue to vent my frustrations and anger :)

I think it's also important to choose your buyer. I won't sell to the first person who says "I'll take it". I check out their history on the forum. Posts, feedback etc.

I agree that it is annoying to be fucked about but unfortunately it is just a part of buying and selling. Having a public bitch section isn't going to help. But it will be a hell of a lot of fun so let's just do it anyway. :lol:

masmannan

I'm intrigued by low ballers and their mentality. I think many think M2M sales are a sign of desperation.

I've had buyers also cheekily change the deal. I;e head only no strap, and after payment, they will make additional requests. Of course seller can tell them to make a running jump. But, I've on one occasion allowed the terms be changed. On another occasion, lowballers will play on currency exchange confusions, in the hope they can 'outwit; you.

There are some real gems on the forums.

Masmannan

court

Sometimes as sellers we invite low ball offers with comments like "my grail watch has just come up" or "I've got bills to pay" you may as well say I have to sell this to get some money in.

As for buyers trying to alter the deals its no worse than putting beautiful pictures in your sales thread but then stating 'watch will be shipped with a different strap'. Some people are just trying it on, some just don't think and some are arseholes.

Outing people, giving feedback etc is all pointless if you can't search it anyway.