Sign in to follow this  
LightGeek

Baby Daytona - 6265

LightGeek

This is definitely a keeper. 37mm I believe with manual ST movement. That crystal is delicious and the size is perfect for my diminutive wrists.

Someone chime in with the model number?

syju7ypy.jpg

a4a9u8e5.jpg

a6a6u3an.jpg

Conex

Its a stainless steel bezel 6263 by the way, as far as I know, although someone will probably pipe in and correct me.

Robin195959

Sorry Conex. 6265. 6263 is black bezel.

LightGeek

ha7y5y5u.jpg

a3a6yqyt.jpg

LightGeek

Only immediate inaccuracy seems to be the bezel font. What else?

Oh that and I got $35000 off MSRP :)

Proctor

+1 on the 6265. Your dial configuration was produced for a limited time and the black dials are a lot more rare than the white and also more expensive. One went for a million plus at auction a year or so ago.

Gen 6265:

RPM_6265.jpg

She's a beaut. Wear in good health sir.

Del Boy

Love it and want one... 37mm is not too small for a watch as beautiful as this.

LightGeek

@proctor, thanks for that, now I know what the immediate inaccuracies are.

Proctor

Meh inaccuracies, no one will notice or care unless you walk in to an AD. :P I think it looks stunning the way it is. Honestly I haven't seen many 6265 dials better than yours out there.

PrDubis

Wrong bezel fonts, wrong dial fonts, case is tto thick because the watch is fitted with an A7750, pushers are wrong, crown is too big, subdials are not the same size as gen, crystal is wrong...

Edited by PrDubis

houndoggie

Wrong bezel fonts, wrong dial fonts, case is tto thick because the watch is fitted with an A7750, pushers are wrong, crown is too big, subdials are not the same size as gen, crystal is wrong...

movement is ST-19

Cynikal.Mindset

I miss my 6263 even though it was small

Ishmael

Yep 6265 - I think that watch used to be mine! You got it from houndoggie right? Oh I do miss her... she funded the gold 6263s I have now, but she sure is shiny in your pics...

LightGeek
Meh inaccuracies, no one will notice or care unless you walk in to an AD. :P I think it looks stunning the way it is. Honestly I haven't seen many 6265 dials better than yours out there.

I think it's fine too. The gen dial printing looks too small and unbalanced -- dwarfed by the sub dials.

LightGeek

Thanks, your list appears to be generic rep Tona inaccuracies that don't all pertain here but I appreciate it!

Ishmael

The only major inaccuracy that bothered me when I had it was the oversized dial font - waaaaaay too big. That and the dial spacing were really the only things that bothered me somewhat, but other than that, it's pretty good.

LightGeek

The only major inaccuracy that bothered me when I had it was the oversized dial font - waaaaaay too big. That and the dial spacing were really the only things that bothered me somewhat, but other than that, it's pretty good.

That's good because you sold it and I like the size of the dial font (vs too small vintage) hahaha :)

Ishmael

That's good because you sold it and I like the size of the dial font (vs too small vintage) hahaha :)

That's great actually - I might buy the same thing again, only a 6263 (black acrylic bezel), so I might have to learn to live with it anyway! It really is a fabulous watch and I'd probably still have it if I hadn't lost my fucking mind when the gold 6263/5's came out. Glad you ended up with it. :)

Proctor

Thanks, your list appears to be generic rep Tona inaccuracies that don't all pertain here but I appreciate it!

:troll:

LightGeek

nubugagu.jpg

Oh no! An imperfection near the 10 marker on subdial.

ume4enej.jpg

Ishmael

nubugagu.jpg

Oh no! An imperfection near the 10 marker on subdial.

ume4enej.jpg

Oh that's not my watch then... ;)

Cool close-ups by the way! What are you using?

LightGeek

u2a2uzyp.jpg

Oh no! A speck of dust in the hole of the crown.

LightGeek

2adevava.jpg

Using an iPhone. I have a thread about macro somewhere.

LightGeek

zagyha9a.jpg

My God how did it leave QC with that terrible 180 and scratch on the plexi near 170?