Sign in to follow this  
greg_r

PAM 382 shoot-out. KW vs ZF 'lite' (+ comments on ZF A7750 version)

Rav747
wonder if KW will come out with their own, proper, ST2555 version, like the 312 and it's friends. The KW 312 v2 ST2555 is great.

old man pubes?

:vomit:

LMAO. Probably cat pubes, actually. I wiped that thing before I photographed it so it must have picked up something from the desk.

more like you rubbed your junk on it for added "patina"

:lol:

I must try the same

Thanks for the review Boss :)

digger2

Great review, thank's!

ALE7575

Hi Greg

Congrats, this is a very good and organized review, and it is helpful to make a decision purchasing this watch

Nice to see the KW has correct lume colour , because I have not yet received mine and I thought the KW lume was more greenish than gen.

Please confirm this point because it is very interesting

In KW version, how is the colour of the pearl, more greenish, the same or less than markers lume?

I will include this link in PAM GUIDE and will make some corrections in my statements following your indications asap

Many thanks for taking the time to make this comparison review

ALE

As far as comparison to gen goes, I've not seen the gen in the flesh, so won't comment on absolutes. However, the indices on the KW dial are an off-white / slightly beige-ish colour similar to the gen photos I've seen, whereas the two samples of the ZF dial I've had chance to examine (ST2555 and A7750) have had a noticeably greenish hue. The KW lume is more evenly applied, too.

The KW pearl is indeed a little too green - not really matching the dial indices as it should. It's not really obvious enough to annoy me, but YMMV

Thanks again greg

Really interesting

ALE

desmomonstro

I contact kuvarsit today for a pam 382, i ask them info but so far no reply!!

spursian

I wonder if KW will launch the Pam382 with a ST2555 Seagull movement instead.. since the movement is more reliable and could be cheaper in price? Anyone has any idea of this?

Bristol1

Good comparison! kW way to go.

mshklovskiy

sorry to be a pain, but doesnt the KW version movement seems to be misaligned compared to the real one? on the real one, when the protector is on the left, the rotor is at 4 oclock. on the KW its at 2 oclock.

ALE7575

sorry to be a pain, but doesnt the KW version movement seems to be misaligned compared to the real one? on the real one, when the protector is on the left, the rotor is at 4 oclock. on the KW its at 2 oclock.

It is a ROTOR, they are just ROTATED to different positions

But the main issues are Balance wheel in different position and inverted layout in comparison to the gen movement

ALE

Edited by ALE7575

jwalt

just cant get into these...they look fine, but I just can't see myself wearing one.

JSJ

Hi Greg

Congrats, this is a very good and organized review, and it is helpful to make a decision purchasing this watch

Nice to see the KW has correct lume colour , because I have not yet received mine and I thought the KW lume was more greenish than gen.

In KW version, how is the colour of the pearl, more greenish, the same or less than markers lume?

I will include this link in PAM GUIDE and will make some corrections in my statements following your indications asap

ALE

As far as comparison to gen goes, I've not seen the gen in the flesh, so won't comment on absolutes. However, the indices on the KW dial are an off-white / slightly beige-ish colour similar to the gen photos I've seen, whereas the two samples of the ZF dial I've had chance to examine (ST2555 and A7750) have had a noticeably greenish hue. The KW lume is more evenly applied, too.

The KW pearl is indeed a little too green - not really matching the dial indices as it should. It's not really obvious enough to annoy me, but YMMV

Greg thanks for this and the earlier review.

Rather scarily, I think I am about to order a 382, maybe from Toro. My first PAM and only because it looks so cool in bronze.

Is there any update worth knowing please? I'll obviously be going for the KW version according to your advice.

greg_r

Hi Greg

ALE

Rather scarily, I think I am about to order a 382, maybe from Toro. My first PAM and only because it looks so cool in bronze.

Is there any update worth knowing please? I'll obviously be going for the KW version according to your advice.

Nope - the KW is still the one to beat :)

Kleen™

Great comparo, Greg...cheers.

JSJ

Hi Greg

ALE

Nope - the KW is still the one to beat :)

Thanks again. I've gone for the new Sea-Gull version of the KW. Hope is lies up to expectations.