dingle

How to order from a Trusted Dealer. Six things all noobs should know

Theduke.williams

Please bear in mind that Chinese is a very different language to English (or any Latin derived language for that matter).

What you write in a message may be interpreted into a totally different meaning.

For that reason you need to make your message as clear and simple as possible. Write as if you're trying to explain to a six year old.

I have dealt with only a few TD's on this site, and every time I've had problems, I've looked back and realised that I failed to explain precisely and simply what my wishes and expectations were.

The TD's I have dealt with so far have been excellent people, and act as if it is their best desire not only to satisfy you, but to delight you.

sewin007

Very informative.

The astromaster

good post. What it be ok to purchase multiple watches from an established dealer like TTW?

Ssymes007
The number one issue I deal with from members is changing orders in the middle of the original order.

I am currently dealing with a zero post noob who has ordered over $2000 worth of items and changed, edited, ordered more items, etc. while still waitng on the order to arrive. The email chain alone is 4 pages long.

So to not end up angry, frustrated, and most of all, having to get a Mod involved, follow these 6 easy steps when ordering from a Trusted Dealer

1. You have to understand most dealers use a translator to read your emails. With this is mind, your emails need to be short and precise

2. Never order more than 2 items at a time.

3. Never, Ever, change your order while waiting on the order to arrive

4. Never, ever order more items while waiting for the original order

5. Never, ever order more items to justify a refund that may be due

6. Do, order and item, 2 at most and wait for the QC pics. Once approved, it will be 10-30 days and they will arrive. Check and make sure no issues with the items. IF there are no issues, only then should you place another order.

It really is that simple.

Cheers

Dingle

Many thanks for the info.

JGK

Thank you for this!

boomboom

thanka

dappel08
On 6/27/2014 at 08:49, dingle said:

The number one issue I deal with from members is changing orders in the middle of the original order.

I am currently dealing with a zero post noob who has ordered over $2000 worth of items and changed, edited, ordered more items, etc. while still waitng on the order to arrive. The email chain alone is 4 pages long.

So to not end up angry, frustrated, and most of all, having to get a Mod involved, follow these 6 easy steps when ordering from a Trusted Dealer

1. You have to understand most dealers use a translator to read your emails. With this is mind, your emails need to be short and precise

2. Never order more than 2 items at a time.

3. Never, Ever, change your order while waiting on the order to arrive

4. Never, ever order more items while waiting for the original order

5. Never, ever order more items to justify a refund that may be due

6. Do, order and item, 2 at most and wait for the QC pics. Once approved, it will be 10-30 days and they will arrive. Check and make sure no issues with the items. IF there are no issues, only then should you place another order.

It really is that simple.

Cheers

Dingle

Is it better to PM the TD's to place and order or is it safe to order straight fro their site?  If we order straight from their sit e and have issues (that obviously are not being solved by professional interaction with the TD) can we still get help from this site and a mod?

black263
18 hours ago, dappel08 said:

Is it better to PM the TD's to place and order or is it safe to order straight fro their site?  If we order straight from their sit e and have issues (that obviously are not being solved by professional interaction with the TD) can we still get help from this site and a mod?

To your first question - depends.  Some TDs don't have sites that you can order from. and some don't use PM.  You need to check individually.   And  to your second question.  Absolutely.

McGilli

How come it is not a good idea to order a 2nd watch, before the first transaction is complete?

Like, if I submitted payment a few days ago (went through) and am just waiting on QC why shouldn't I order a 2nd now so that in the end I get them both around the same time?

piponld

As a noob i thank you for the info.. lots to learn but i love the stuff

Chepe
On 31-10-2017 at 17:04, McGilli said:

How come it is not a good idea to order a 2nd watch, before the first transaction is complete?

Like, if I submitted payment a few days ago (went through) and am just waiting on QC why shouldn't I order a 2nd now so that in the end I get them both around the same time?

Curious of the answer to this question too.

greg_r
11 minutes ago, Chepe said:

Curious of the answer to this question too.

Bear in mind that most dealers are one-man operations and they're kept VERY busy. Keeping things simple makes it a lot easier to sort out a problem if something should go awry. It's always wise to keep the possibilities for confusion at as low a level as possible.

If you MUST feed the addiction again before the transaction has concluded, do so with a different dealer or at least wait until the first order has actually shipped.

nole4ever

Great tips. Thank you.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

AP81

Good tips, but sometimes QC photos don't reveal it all.

The trusted dealer I dealt with (on this site's trusted dealer list) gave some bulls**t story about sending the watch back (PAM177) that customs will seize it in China, then left no choice but to buy a second one at a discounted price.  

Both watches came with missing band tubes and she refused to believe there was an issue until I showed her multiple photos of bands that had tubes installed.  This is after an exchange of almost 10 emails in itself.   The second watch had the rubber strap break while sitting in a watch box within 2 days (wasn't even worn) .  She then insisted I pay a US$35 "booking fee" for a replacement band which includes postage, despite it being defective.  So far we've exchanged 91 emails, and it's starting to get a little exhausting.

All in all, pretty much the reason why I don't particularly like replicas- dealing with Chinese sellers is more trouble than it's worth when it comes to issues, and you don't really have a leg to stand on when it comes to Western Union.  Personally,  I would much rather a Seiko for the same price.  In this case, my father wanted a rep (and he's dying of  stage IV lung cancer), so I thought I'd help him out.

On another note, I dealt with someone prior who couldn't get the PAM177 and promptly refunded me after exhausting all avenues.  I would happily deal with him again.

Glaude
24 minutes ago, AP81 said:

The trusted dealer I dealt with (on this site's trusted dealer list) gave some bulls**t story about sending the watch back (PAM177) that customs will seize it in China, then left no choice but to buy a second one at a discounted price.  

Both watches came with missing band tubes and she refused to believe there was an issue until I showed her multiple photos of bands that had tubes installed.  This is after an exchange of almost 10 emails in itself.   The second watch had the rubber strap break while sitting in a watch box within 2 days (wasn't even worn) .  She then insisted I pay a US$35 "booking fee" for a replacement band which includes postage, despite it being defective.  So far we've exchanged 91 emails, and it's starting to get a little exhausting.

All in all, pretty much the reason why I don't particularly like replicas- dealing with Chinese sellers is more trouble than it's worth when it comes to issues, and you don't really have a leg to stand on when it comes to Western Union.  Personally,  I would much rather a Seiko for the same price.  In this case, my father wanted a rep (and he's dying of  stage IV lung cancer), so I thought I'd help him out.

On another note, I dealt with someone prior who couldn't get the PAM177 and promptly refunded me after exhausting all avenues.  I would happily deal with him again.

QC pics are not for this ! There's a sticky about it, to put it simple : you see a watch on a TD website, you get QC pics after order and you check if the watch corresponds to what you ordered.

Your TD was right about the risk of customs.
The TD refused to believe you, because they probably have numerous liar that tries to get them to send things back without any charge or that try to scam them. People always refer to dealers as potential scammers, but forget that client can also be !

How on earth would the TD know that the strap was defective if even you after two days haven't noticed it... they don't test the watch by wearing it for 48h before sending you know...

There's no trouble with dealing with TD, this forum and others are the proof of it, you just don't want to accept the game ! If you're talking about charge back on them, you're the typical bad customer. Mods are here to solve any issues that you can't solve with your TD.
Mentioning the health of your father is totally irrelevant here.

Straight #4 ... @Davesjourney, @Thommo82, @black263

Thommo82
1 hour ago, AP81 said:

Leave, just leave

Buy the fucking Seiko you Gerbil 

45 minutes ago, Glaude said:

QC pics are not for this ! There's a sticky about it, to put it simple : you see a watch on a TD website, you get QC pics after order and you check if the watch corresponds to what you ordered.

Your TD was right about the risk of customs.
The TD refused to believe you, because they probably have numerous liar that tries to get them to send things back without any charge or that try to scam them. People always refer to dealers as potential scammers, but forget that client can also be !

How on earth would the TD know that the strap was defective if even you after two days haven't noticed it... they don't test the watch by wearing it for 48h before sending you know...

There's no trouble with dealing with TD, this forum and others are the proof of it, you just don't want to accept the game ! If you're talking about charge back on them, you're the typical bad customer. Mods are here to solve any issues that you can't solve with your TD.
Mentioning the health of your father is totally irrelevant here.

Straight #4 ... @Davesjourney, @Thommo82, @black263

Close to a #5

Glaude
14 minutes ago, Thommo82 said:

Close to a #5

Yup, after a second reading, he's bitching about a strap that he could easily replace himself with a nice after market one or even another rep one via Aliexpress or DHGate.

The guy is not ready to put 35$ on the table to please his old dying father ... ?
So you bought two watch (each for one arm of your father I guess) and you wanted to send them back for missing band tubes... ? 

Can we escalate this matter to #6 ?

Sometimes I think thoses guy are just socks of the mods and admin to let us have a little flame war and fun, wait, are you doctor no ?

AP81
1 hour ago, Glaude said:

Yup, after a second reading, he's bitching about a strap that he could easily replace himself with a nice after market one or even another rep one via Aliexpress or DHGate.

The guy is not ready to put 35$ on the table to please his old dying father ... ?
So you bought two watch (each for one arm of your father I guess) and you wanted to send them back for missing band tubes... ? 

Can we escalate this matter to #6 ?

Sometimes I think thoses guy are just socks of the mods and admin to let us have a little flame war and fun, wait, are you doctor no ?

At what stage did I say I wanted to return both watches because of missing tubes?  That's idiotic.  

First watch was supposed to be titanium, arrived and it was stainless steel.  Does that warrant a replacement, I think it's more than fair to replace it, no?
The watch is excellent,  apart from missing tubes and totally scuffed band with huge gouges.  This is due to poor fit and the band was jamming between the lugs.   Acknowledged by seller.  That's a QC issue and that rubber strap should've never been sent, it was clearly damaged.

Second watch was titanium.  Excellent, apart from a band breaking and missing tubes.  These things do happen.

Both watches missing tubes, one with a broken band, the other with noticeable chunks taken out of it.  That's still $60 odd dollars out of my pocket for something that's a quality issue in their end.  I have no issue with stuff breaking, providing they acknowledge and attempt to rectify.  I believe you should get what you pay for.

1 hour ago, Glaude said:

Before you judge, I sold my investment property to pay for my father's treatment, which isn't on the pharmaceutical benefit scheme.  Try paying close to $80,000 out of your pocket in 10 months and see how much patience you have left.  Low blow, my bad for bring him into it, it's largely irrelevant.

Edited by AP81

AP81

double post

Edited by AP81
double post

AP81
1 hour ago, Thommo82 said:

Leave, just leave

Buy the fucking Seiko you Gerbil 

Close to a #5

Charming.

Please, in your infinite wisdom, enlighten me how to rectify getting a refund for an incorrect watch that was sent.

narikaa

Usually if you RTFM

You interact with the seller

If you reach an impasse 

You involve the admin team

Its pretty simple really

AP81
10 minutes ago, narikaa said:

Usually if you RTFM
You involve the admin team

If there ever is a next time, I now know.