dingle

How to order from a Trusted Dealer. Six things all noobs should know

blakmagic

This is useful info. Thanks

Thommo82
2 hours ago, AP81 said:

Charming.

Please, in your infinite wisdom, enlighten me how to rectify getting a refund for an incorrect watch that was sent.

The guy below said it best, I won’t repeat him. Even though I kind of am.......

1 hour ago, narikaa said:

Usually if you RTFM

You interact with the seller

If you reach an impasse 

You involve the admin team

Its pretty simple really

black263
10 hours ago, AP81 said:

If there ever is a next time, I now know.  

And info you'd have known in advance if you'd bothered to read the links marked NEW MEMBERS MUST READ THIS FIRST, in nice big capital letters on the home page.

peleon

Can someone please explain me what is the meaning of those #3...#4....???

Envoyé de mon SM-G935F en utilisant Tapatalk

Glaude
13 hours ago, AP81 said:

At what stage did I say I wanted to return both watches because of missing tubes?  That's idiotic.  

Right there : 

15 hours ago, AP81 said:

The trusted dealer I dealt with (on this site's trusted dealer list) gave some bulls**t story about sending the watch back (PAM177) that customs will seize it in China, then left no choice but to buy a second one at a discounted price.  

13 hours ago, AP81 said:

First watch was supposed to be titanium, arrived and it was stainless steel.  Does that warrant a replacement, I think it's more than fair to replace it, no?

It depends on whether this was stated by the description on the TD site or because it was engraved "Titanium" on the watch. If the TD has marked titanium on his description, it can indeed be a matter of discussion.

13 hours ago, AP81 said:

That's a QC issue and that rubber strap should've never been sent, it was clearly damaged.

No.

You didn't notice it at first right, you were saying that the band broke after sitting in your watchbox... get your facts straight, that's because you've only told us partial information that you get such a heavy response by me and others.

13 hours ago, AP81 said:

Before you judge, I sold my investment property to pay for my father's treatment, which isn't on the pharmaceutical benefit scheme.  Try paying close to $80,000 out of your pocket in 10 months and see how much patience you have left.  Low blow, my bad for bring him into it, it's largely irrelevant.

Told you that was irrelevant in this case, your fault for bringing that in, and I'm sorry for you and your father and your country healthcare !

All this matter could have been avoided, flame wars included if you've done like our good sniper Narikaa said :

You read before you enter this world and you pull the trigger on a purchase (not only in this rep world to be honest).
If you've done that you could have found potential feedback on your watch model, on the TD, on the return policy, on how to handle an issue with your watch and you would never have posted a message,which I still don't understand the purpose.

12 hours ago, AP81 said:

Please, in your infinite wisdom, enlighten me how to rectify getting a refund for an incorrect watch that was sent.

Read.

17 minutes ago, peleon said:

Check my about section in my profile ;) 

Noobv10
On 6/27/2014 at 09:56, elp said:

cn I pls git a rlx watch thx v much m8

LMFAO

Thommo82
5 hours ago, peleon said:

286_AA126-_DC05-4936-_B2_E5-48695518078_

You’re welcome 

tripdog123
19 hours ago, AP81 said:

At what stage did I say I wanted to return both watches because of missing tubes?  That's idiotic.  

First watch was supposed to be titanium, arrived and it was stainless steel.  Does that warrant a replacement, I think it's more than fair to replace it, no?
The watch is excellent,  apart from missing tubes and totally scuffed band with huge gouges.  This is due to poor fit and the band was jamming between the lugs.   Acknowledged by seller.  That's a QC issue and that rubber strap should've never been sent, it was clearly damaged.

Second watch was titanium.  Excellent, apart from a band breaking and missing tubes.  These things do happen.

Both watches missing tubes, one with a broken band, the other with noticeable chunks taken out of it.  That's still $60 odd dollars out of my pocket for something that's a quality issue in their end.  I have no issue with stuff breaking, providing they acknowledge and attempt to rectify.  I believe you should get what you pay for.

Before you judge, I sold my investment property to pay for my father's treatment, which isn't on the pharmaceutical benefit scheme.  Try paying close to $80,000 out of your pocket in 10 months and see how much patience you have left.  

You spent $80,000 on life saving medical treatment for your father, but get upset about having to spend another $60 on a couple of straps for the watches you bought for him ?

You might want to try putting things in  Perspective.

AP81
7 hours ago, Glaude said:

No.

You didn't notice it at first right, you were saying that the band broke after sitting in your watchbox... get your facts straight, that's because you've only told us partial information that you get such a heavy response by me and others.

Yes, I didn't describe the situation well, so the flaming is warranted and the outcome is largely my fault.  Apologies for my rant.  I'm resolving this myself, although the dealer has also been obliging.

First watch didn't have any QC process, was an exchange of ~20 emails, with a request for a titanium PAM177.  Was sent a stainless watch in error with a damaged strap. Strap is defective - can barely move (jams in lugs), band gouged. 
Second replacement had QC photos arrived fine, apart from missing tubes.  Watch is good, never worn (only in watch box), rubber strap snapped within 48 while in the watch box.  
Both straps missing tubes,  also not a big problem.

Have paid for another band via seller, along with 4 tubes.

I don't buy reps, nor did I do any reading on the buying process, other than looking at trusted dealers on various forums and making a decision to go with one.  There were a lot of assumptions made by me.  
I also didn't know about the assortment of watch bands on AliExpress, had I known this I probably would've sorted this myself for a similar (or possibly smaller) cost.

Apologies again.  

bdl

Appreciate the helpful advice.

Hashesonhashes

:Applause:

Scosta

are there specific things to look for in QC? It seems like usually the mistakes are smaller items like a date wheel but often you cant tell if there is a misalignment or something until you have it. Curious if there is a good way to look for that

Glaude
9 minutes ago, Scosta said:

are there specific things to look for in QC? It seems like usually the mistakes are smaller items like a date wheel but often you cant tell if there is a misalignment or something until you have it. Curious if there is a good way to look for that

This should help you : 

;) 

johanliebert

is it safe to key in credit card details including CVV number on TD's website?

Glaude
11 hours ago, johanliebert said:

is it safe to key in credit card details including CVV number on TD's website?

If you make sure you are indeed on a TD website (there's a lot of scammers trying to impersonate our TD) then yes, make sure to use the links from our list and you'll be safe !

BlazinSaddles

Good read!!

BenjaminButton
Good read!!

Posting worthless one-liners is frowned upon in these here parts. Read first and get your post count up later.

elp
16 minutes ago, BenjaminButton said:

Posting worthless one-liners is frowned upon in these here parts. Read first and get your post count up later.

It's ok .... we're tracking him

giphy.gif

BlazinSaddles
1 hour ago, elp said:

It's ok .... we're tracking him

giphy.gif

Good deal and I did actually read it. I came here to be a member and to try and buy some really nice reps. How am I going to get anywhere if I don't post... I want to be able to see the for sale threads etc. I'm about as honest of a person as you can get. I do however see yall's concerns tho.

GingerApple
9 minutes ago, BlazinSaddles said:

Good deal and I did actually read it. I came here to be a member and to try and buy some really nice reps. How am I going to get anywhere if I don't post... I want to be able to see the for sale threads etc. I'm about as honest of a person as you can get. I do however see yall's concerns tho.

Ooooh, you sound so deep south!

We really do welcome new members here - but try and contribute more in a post, rather than just, 'nice watch' on one thread, 'great look bro' on another etc - the mods tend to think of comments like that as post whoring and will reset people's post count to zero if that's the only sort of stuff they post.

Hang around here and you will buy some awesome reps, but don't blame us when you're willing to sell your children for just one more rep to add to your collection of hundreds!

BenjaminButton
26 minutes ago, BlazinSaddles said:

Take your time, earn trust and don't piss the natives off. That's my advice. 

BlazinSaddles
1 hour ago, WillHoForSpeedy said:

Ooooh, you sound so deep south!

We really do welcome new members here - but try and contribute more in a post, rather than just, 'nice watch' on one thread, 'great look bro' on another etc - the mods tend to think of comments like that as post whoring and will reset people's post count to zero if that's the only sort of stuff they post.

Hang around here and you will buy some awesome reps, but don't blame us when you're willing to sell your children for just one more rep to add to your collection of hundreds!

Haha yes definitely down south but still in the city if that counts... I live in Louisiana.

Thank you for the advice, I appreciate it!

GingerApple

:picard2:

We have a swamp dweller!

Glaude
3 hours ago, GingerBlows4Speedies said:

:picard2:

We have a swamp dweller!

Image associée

Better be good with him then !

BlazinSaddles
1 hour ago, Glaude said:

Image associée

Better be good with him then !

HAHA I see Bruce in town from time to time.