Sign in to follow this  
jon k

Question about Pro Hunter Submariners

jon k

I am new here, and I am trying to learn as much terminology as possible. I am interested in PVD pro hunter subariners, and I have a few questions.

1. Does anyone have any specific information about which trusted dealer makes a great submariner? The PVD pro hunter in particular? I looked at the feedback portion of the ReplicaMake sub-forum, and the submariners look pretty good, so I checked out there site. I am little confused on the specifics, though.

2. What is a noob factory submariner? Is this a joke? As in newbie? I looked on the ReplicaMake site, and there are two Pro Hunter submariners.

a.) Noob factory Pro hunter SUB <- $88, has Asian 2813 Automatic Movement

b.) Pro Hunter Submariner <- $198 Asia Eta 2836-2 Automatic Movement

What is the difference between the movement, and is it worth $110 more? It is the only difference between them. If anyone has any good experience with a dealer for this replica, I appreciate any information.

Edited by jon k

AllergyDoc

ReplicaMake is an excellent dealer.

The "Noob factory" is a marketing term, IMO. Nothing more than that. It's supposed to signify better-quality reps, but... Debate rages.

the Asian 2813 is a 21J movement that beats at a slower rate than the "Asia" ETA 2836-2, which beats at the same rate as a genuine Rolex. I don't think the movement is worth $100 more. I KNOW it's not. There may be other differences in the 2 watches (I didn't click the links.).

I don't like the ProHunter watches so i can't help you there.

jon k
ReplicaMake is an excellent dealer.

The "Noob factory" is a marketing term, IMO. Nothing more than that. It's supposed to signify better-quality reps, but... Debate rages.

the Asian 2813 is a 21J movement that beats at a slower rate than the "Asia" ETA 2836-2, which beats at the same rate as a genuine Rolex. I don't think the movement is worth $100 more. I KNOW it's not. There may be other differences in the 2 watches (I didn't click the links.).

I don't like the ProHunter watches so i can't help you there.

I compared the descriptions side-by-side, and they are identical minus the text about "NOOB FACTORY VERSION" and the movement. If Noob Factory is supposed to be a higher quality rep, I wonder why it would be $88. Hmmm....

greg_r

Ignore 'noobfactory' - its a marketing term and is completely meaningless these days - there's altogether too much BS spouted about what does, and does not, constitute a noobfactory watch.

Anyhow, all that nonsense aside, the reason why the cheaper model is the price it is, is because it has a low-beat 21J movement. The second hand will not sweep as smoothly as the genuine article and generally the movement is lower quality (which means they can't normally be serviced - parts aren't available and it's generally cheaper to swap the whole movement rather than fix a problem). The more expensive model has an asian clone of the ETA2836 movement. The second hand will sweep as smoothly as the real thing, the general 'feel' of the watch when winding it or change the time will be superior and, because it can be serviced, it will last you a lot longer.

If you just want a cheapie to use as a 'beater' then by all means go for the $88 watch. It's good value for what it is. If, on the other hand, you're after something that is closer to the real thing and want it to last, then spend the extra. There are lots of good cheapies around but the high quality models are always going to be in the $2-300 or more price range.