Sign in to follow this  
_DC_

New Nautilus rep with Miyota movement?!?

wdev

The hands....

:picard:

Dammit, always a compromise. Choices, choices, choices...

_DC_

Here's a side by side, SW200 and Miyota

From this comparison it doesn't look like the hands would be interchangeable, so no easy fix to the hand problem, otherwise I'd just switch them out for the ones from my SW200 and hey presto, super rep lol!

DC

not 1:1 switch... different movements and all.... unless you want to modify... which is a dumb idea... no one can tell anyway

Gotta agree, I don't think it's gonna bug me on a daily basis, unlike the end links on the SW200 which bug me big time!!!

DC

_DC_

Arggghhh those bloody end links...

8DF34270-1975-419E-A764-C81F9FFC7AA9_zpsont9rsg6.jpg

DC

Realism

photo9_zps2418a701.jpg

besides the hand... the dial and color looks better...

olloclip3_zps2cbaf5cc.jpg

movement wise... no good copy anyway, won't be wearing it on the front... dont really care for that

basically really good rep if really under 300 with a reliable movement

case thickness will always be an issue due to the movement... again minute differences

Kleen™
3700_cal-JLC920.jpg

The gen older 3700 with close caseback (42mm diameter; 7,60 thickness)

Patek3700-2_zps4812dcd0.jpg

Link for comparison to 5711-1a

http://www.philippin...40&start=10

Frack you, Gran. Now I want the 3700. B'sterd!

Fracking good, isn't it :giggle:

The 3700 is to the Nautilus what the 5402 is to the Royal Oak, it's the original Genta designed "jumbo", slimmer with no seconds hand!!

I prefer the 5711 though, crown on the 3700 looks cheap in my eyes!!!

DC

Nah, looks top mate...totally down-played, no-fuss, low-key understated brilliance. In the humble metal called steel. Spot-on...

gran

So there are only two solutions to the endlink saga

1. Swap movements (if blue or white dial)

2. Put a strap on the watch (if the dial is not blue)

_DC_

Put it on strap would sort it, as the end link size is correct for the 5711g (on leather) but of course you would have to buy it with strap already on as end links have additional inserts for strap versions!

Overall I still think despite the hands error the new rep looks better. Overall quality is the big question which will be answered when it arrives!!

DC

Realism

Put it on strap would sort it, as the end link size is correct for the 5711g (on leather) but of course you would have to buy it with strap already on as end links have additional inserts for strap versions!

Overall I still think despite the hands error the new rep looks better. Overall quality is the big question which will be answered when it arrives!!

DC

are you going to be dunking it into a glass of beer? I think that will be a show LOL

gran

DC

"you would have to buy it with strap already on as end links have additional inserts for strap versions!"

Damn :( , any way to get one of those without buying an entire watch??

_DC_

DC

are you going to be dunking it into a glass of beer? I think that will be a show LOL

I'm more likely to be dunking it in a glass or rose', not a beer drinker I'm afraid!! But no, I've always been impressed by the solidity and quality feel of the SW200 version, more so than any other rep I've owned, so the Miyota version will have big shoes to fill on the quality front, I'm hoping it can live up to my expectation!

DC

Realism

DC

I'm more likely to be dunking it in a glass or rose', not a beer drinker I'm afraid!! But no, I've always been impressed by the solidity and quality feel of the SW200 version, more so than any other rep I've owned, so the Miyota version will have big shoes to fill on the quality front, I'm hoping it can live up to my expectation!

DC

but the miyota costs way less... that's the most important part on reps though... can't see myself ever paying >$350 for any reps including shipping and fees

gran

DC

DC

but the miyota costs way less... that's the most important part on reps though...

Not if you are as crazy as the most of us

gran

Perfect clones hype is going to backfire. Noone should buy this rep now. No hack and 3 wrong hands. Lets start a boycott. This is travesty :giggle:

Realism

Perfect clones hype is going to backfire. Noone should buy this rep now. No hack and 3 wrong hands. Lets start a boycott. This is travesty :giggle:

so this is the 8 series miyota? whoaaaaaa wadaheck.... but the gen 5711 does not hack too

gran

so this is the 8 series miyota? whoaaaaaa wadaheck.... but the gen 5711 does not hack too

No hack!! Lets boycott.Patek altogether :giggle:

gran

Mmmmmmm :giggle:

Edited by gran

_DC_

Huh, no hack?! I thought the 9015 had a hacking seconds hand?!?

DC

Realism

No hack!! Lets boycott.Patek altogether :giggle:

oke... where does Thierry Stern stay? lol

jingo.smile

The 9xxx Miyotas should have hacking movement.

The 8xxx don't.

gran

Ok ok I was wrong on both counts regarding the hacking. I'll have a break and a cigarette

YtPTVoz.gif

Edited by gran

_DC_
Ok ok I was wrong on both counts regarding the hacking. I'll have a break and a cigarette

YtPTVoz.gif

Haha, that cigarette dispenser was on QI the other day!!

DC

Realism

is it better to hack or no hack? or you don't give a heck about it?

gran

No hack is better

_DC_

I don't really get the point of hack, enlighten me?!?!

DC

gran

Hack freeze the seconds hand when you adjust the time (pull out crown = second hand is stopped)