Sign in to follow this  
_DC_

New Nautilus rep with Miyota movement?!?

gran

I might end up using the case bracelet and dial and transplanting the SW200 and correct hands into it, et voila, super rep!

DC

There you go!!! :cheerleader2: :cheerleader2: :cheerleader2: :cheerleader2: :cheerleader2:

gran

0ED606B5-E498-4FBD-957D-81AD2F748639_zpsffr56spe.jpg

Robin195959 did you notice like I do that all of these watches show a different time of day ^_^ and in most cases date as well :salute:

Edited by gran

mn9500

Shame about the hands. Hopefully there's a v2 with correct hands lol

Edited by mn9500

gran

keep-calm-and-don-t-mention-tomorrowland-2.png

mn9500

Lol what about the music festival has to do with watches?

gran

:unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: music festival??? I had noe idea this was off topic. Sorry about that :woo:

mn9500

:unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: music festival??? I had noe idea this was off topic. Sorry about that :woo:

lol its alright. awesome music festival too. look it up on youtube.

gran

Did anyone receive this new replica yet?

_DC_

Mine is in transit, should be with me in a week or so, think I was one of the first orders so unless anyone else is closer to china mine should be the first to arrive, will keep everyone posted and do a full side by side review with the SW200 when it's here!!

DC

gran

Mine is in transit, should be with me in a week or so, think I was one of the first orders so unless anyone else is closer to china mine should be the first to arrive, will keep everyone posted and do a full side by side review with the SW200 when it's here!!

DC

Thank you!

_DC_

ITS HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pseudonym

:TTIWWO:

You know dem Der rules...

Not That Rich

Arrived 15 minutes ago, very nice, very happy, pictures from phone so not great.

001_zps7297928b.jpg

002_zpsed2e91f7.jpg

MNaji89
:facepalm: looks like my bank account willl stay empty for another month or two I love rwg :wub::frusty:

jingo.smile

ITS HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OHHHHHHHH! It's so exciting!

_DC_

Ok ok, I will do a thorough side by side when I have more time, you have to appreciate I'm at work right now, but here's a quick "first impression"! These are quick pics from iPhone but luckily I was wearing my SW200 today so could compare!

First thing I'll say is this, the Miyota isn't as solid a watch as the SW200, the movement is noticeably more rattly and loose, and the bracelet has more rattle though it's still very good (the SW200 bracelet doesn't rattle at all, if feels very sturdy!!

But that is all perhaps to be expected given the price difference!!

So what about the other improvements?!? Well I'm very impressed, a few side by sides to illustrate. First up and the element I'm most pleased with, those bloody end links!! I'll show you the gen compared to the SW200 first, so the gen is on the left and the SW200 is on the right, courtesy of Toro...

8DF34270-1975-419E-A764-C81F9FFC7AA9_zpsont9rsg6.jpg

See how the SW200 end mid link is way too big, and the end link itself on the gen has more of a taper to it from the lugs....... well this is a side by side this time with Miyota on the left and SW200 still on the right...

FFF3A869-51AB-490B-9402-85CBB98D6854_zps73fzrn9r.jpg

That's a big fat tick in my book!!!

Then the dreaded end link holes, they're gone which we already know, but also look the profile of the lugs has changed (the Miyota is on top)...

9E6BD8CB-79F7-454C-9082-21D38CA81754_zpstf6fka8p.jpg

They are more defined and "sharper" looking on the Miyota where the SW200 has a rounded look to it, and if we look at Toros comparison again, oh look, the gen is sharper, just like the Miyota (SW200 on top this time)...

5FBC9B16-3C81-4BFA-8D74-F65CECF363EA_zps3liyyqhy.jpg

So overall it's looking good so far!! As previously mentioned, overall feel and quality the SW200 still takes is, but the details are important too and on those the Miyota is really impressing me!!

On a side note my Miyota has a pube on the dial and clear plastic stuck in one of the end links, but I'm sure I can sort those issues easily!!

DC

_DC_

Few more general shots...

Miyota on the left

9F6559FC-43E8-493F-B7E6-E56AF7FEC766_zpsiqspcwp4.jpg

Miyota on the right

68148EDD-C749-4D85-8C76-6994F94CC559_zpscyrphykq.jpg

Miyota on the left

C42E930C-37CB-47A2-8E61-B1B000E1FF26_zpsefjqewpz.jpg

Enjoy!

DC

jingo.smile

Wow thanks a lot so far!

What do you think about the colour of the dial? And the details on the dial?

MNaji89

looks beautiful i'm with Jingo, How's the color on the dial blue or greenish?

Doomsday

Thanks a lot for sharing this!,

I think the miyota ver. looks so much better

What is your opinion on those hands, are they significantly noticeably different side by side in real life?

_DC_

The dial colour is certainly a little greener than the SW200, it's hard to say how close to gen it is without a side by side, I've seen a lot of photos of gens where the dial looks really green but also a lot where it doesn't, I think from Toros side by side thread maybe the SW200 is closer to gen colour, but the slight green hue is really attractive!

Overall the dial detailing is really good, the pattern is spot on to the gen as is the text!!

The hands, hmm, only time will tell! On it's own they look great, I like the slimmer look, but if I start comparing to gen again I know it will start to bug me! We will see!!

DC

MNaji89

The dial colour is certainly a little greener than the SW200, it's hard to say how close to gen it is without a side by side, I've seen a lot of photos of gens where the dial looks really green but also a lot where it doesn't, I think from Toros side by side thread maybe the SW200 is closer to gen colour, but the slight green hue is really attractive!

Overall the dial detailing is really good, the pattern is spot on to the gen as is the text!!

The hands, hmm, only time will tell! On it's own they look great, I like the slimmer look, but if I start comparing to gen again I know it will start to bug me! We will see!!

DC

Thank you! now i have to order this in multiple colors?

Duzza

Surely the dial view is most important? And the hands are so far off on the Miyota it's a no contest.

_DC_
Surely the dial view is most important? And the hands are so far off on the Miyota it's a no contest.

The dial is far better than the SW200, in my opinion that is a fact, correct pattern, correct text position and the light catches it beautifully even more so than the SW200!

The hands are not bugging me as I thought they would, without holding the two side by side you would honestly not notice, it doesn't distract from the overall look or style!

Put it this way, I love the SW200, always have, I've sung it's praises many many times, but this watch has made me consider selling that great watch! The improvements of the Miyota far out way the small issue of the hands!

To each his own though!

DC

MNaji89

The dial is far better than the SW200, in my opinion that is a fact, correct pattern, correct text position and the light catches it beautifully even more so than the SW200!

The hands are not bugging me as I thought they would, without holding the two side by side you would honestly not notice, it doesn't distract from the overall look or style!

Put it this way, I love the SW200, always have, I've sung it's praises many many times, but this watch has made me consider selling that great watch! The improvements of the Miyota far out way the small issue of the hands!

To each his own though!

DC

after that comment, i think an update to your sig banner is in order