Sign in to follow this  
GenTLe

A7750 - handwind mechanism repair

GenTLe

Hi Guys,

does anyone knows about the interchangeability of parts between gen 7750 and A7750? I know that ETA 2824 and its asian clone are practically the same and parts can be exchanged, but I'm not sure about the 7750.

I've a Pam 164 that starts to show the 1st symptoms of a problem of handwind (sometimes it loose resistance like if it's jumping some gear teeth) and I'm thinking about the feasibility of its repairing...

Thanks! GenTLe

10:10 Watch Repair

Hi Guys,

does anyone knows about the interchangeability of parts between gen 7750 and A7750? I know that ETA 2824 and its asian clone are practically the same and parts can be exchanged, but I'm not sure about the 7750.

I've a Pam 164 that starts to show the 1st symptoms of a problem of handwind (sometimes it loose resistance like if it's jumping some gear teeth) and I'm thinking about the feasibility of its repairing...

Thanks! GenTLe

You probably need 1482 - ratchet driving wheel. You would also need to order top and bottom Seitz jewels because the Swiss pinion is larger than the Asian.

GenTLe

Thanks mate!

GenTLe

Another one: just in case if I'd never swap an A7750 with a gen 7750, do you know it the hands will fit of if there are differences in the stems between the 2 calibers?

Thanks again!

SSTEEL

The hands will fit, and the stem.

With regards replacing the gear 10:10 mentioned, if yours has missing teeth, the movement could do with dissecting completely, to remove those teeth before they cause terminal damage to the movement.

10:10 Watch Repair

Another one: just in case if I'd never swap an A7750 with a gen 7750, do you know it the hands will fit of if there are differences in the stems between the 2 calibers?

Thanks again!

I think you mean tubes (of the hands) not stems.

Only the hour and minute hands will fit.

GenTLe

With regards replacing the gear 10:10 mentioned, if yours has missing teeth, the movement could do with dissecting completely, to remove those teeth before they cause terminal damage to the movement.

Yep, the watch is currently at a watchsmith to clean and oil it, but I'm not such confident with him: it started winding the watch like a mad while I was telling him to STOP because it would have damaged it :noway:

I think you mean tubes (of the hands) not stems.

Only the hour and minute hands will fit.

Yes, I meant the "shafts" protunding on the dial where the hands fit: is their english name "tubes"? I'm getting confused about these words: I thought the "tube" was the one where the stem (stem were the crown is attached) is allocated.

I'll learn, i'm still at page 20 of the The Watch Repairer's Manual (Fried, Henry B.)

Actually which caliber do you suggest to start with, to open, clean, oil? I'm waiting a good kit and other stuff from this forum shop, plus an ultrasound cleaner... Today I replaced the distribution of my Alfa because I don't trust the mechanics; in the future I will do the watches too :D

GenTLe

Got a call from the watchsmith, he told me it's ok now, clean and oiled. And he also told me "but stop buying these craps: the movement looks fine on the top layer but below it has a crap finiture, also on the gearing".

But ok, he worked only on gen Rolex and ETA for 10 years... ;)

Mechwarrior

Digli all'orologiaio: se me lo paghi tu prendo un bel Daytona :giggle:

GenTLe

Digli all'orologiaio: se me lo paghi tu prendo un bel Daytona :giggle:

Eeehhh :D

GenTLe

UPDATE:

got back the watch from my watchsmith friend. The winding problem disappeared completely.

Also he told me that the watch is 3ATM waterproof.

Only little problem (already fixed with a good file) is that I had to reduce the height of the crown-protecting bridge because the lever was not in contact anymore with the crown and therefore it was self opening while wearing the watch.