Sign in to follow this  
Dyon

Bought a PAM 111 NooB V3 but have some questions

Dyon

Hi all,

I bought my first rep this week and found this forum via google and have some questions about what I bought.

The rep i bought is a pam 111 noob v3, at least the person who sold it to me claims it to be.

I love the look and feel of the watch and am very happy with it, however I'm not quite sure if the watch is working well.

On the back of the watch you can see a + and a -, the little dial stays on the - but the watch seems to run fine.

I can't seem to upload a picture so I hope somebody can help me without the picture (or explain to me how I can upload a picture).

I also don't know how to wind the watch properly.

I can pull the crown out to one position which allows me to set the time.

When I close the crown again I can wind the watch, but after winding it several time the dial on the back still doesn't move to the '+'.

I look forward to your expert thougths.

Kind regards,

Dyon

Cynikal.Mindset

THE + AND - are regulation marks where there regulator needle points, this doesn't move during normal operation

headhunt3r

To wind the watch, you don't need to pull the crown out. You can wind it until you feel resistance (it'll be obvious), and that means it's fully wound.

As CM said, the +/- are to adjust the timing of the watch - either to make it run slower or faster. That's something to adjust the watch if it's running too slow or fast. Leave that alone unless you know what you're doing. It doesn't move on its own.

Edited by headhunt3r

TheSav

Make sure the crown guard lever is open when winding the watch and be careful not to over wind it. Generally 25-30 winds is plenty and will power a 6497 movement for a couple of days. Main thing is to be gentle and stop winding as soon as you feel resistance.

ALE7575

The "dial" you are talking about is the regulator lever of the watch fitted with a Swan Neck device. This regulator is used to change slightly the speed of the watch to run faster or slower and keep good time

You can see a complete study of the regulator and Swan Neck devices in gens and reps in Above RWI threads:

“SWAN NECK” (Part I) – What is this? How does it work?

http://www.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/swan-neck-part-what-thisi-84846.html?p=831645

“SWAN NECK” (Part II) – Does it work in replicas?

http://www.replica-w...7.html?p=831646

“SWAN NECK” (Part III) – Statistical Analysis of faults and reliability in replicas

http://www.replica-w...59.html?t=90559

BTW- Nice watch and good replica

ALE

Edited by ALE7575

pilch23

Please tell me you use a condom?

Pseudonym

:lmao:

FuzzyCoyote

Just got a wallop off the mrs for actually laughing out loud at that one after she had dropped off to sleep, haha. Oops

UGLY

No, no. The + and - signs show which way to orient the battery.

Pueheh.

onelund

oh ffs guys be nice, its soon christmas

JSJ

I think you've put the OP off now. He's maintaining radio silence. :giggle: