Sign in to follow this  
ssh

Rolex Sub Date jammed

ssh

Hi

Stupidly i was changing my date and i forwarded it one day to much and tried to turn it back.

and now the seconds still works but when i hack it and change the hands there is a lot of resistance.

Can this be fixed

Its a 21j miyota movement.

kkz88

Sound like date-adjust spring completely broken.check this photo.u need to find watchsmith...

aryzumem.jpg

ybezuzy4.jpg

U can buy the whole movement at www.cousinuk.com here is item number -DG2813M u can find like that.

Good luck

Edited by kkz88

ssh

thanks for your response. what exactly am i looking at here. i dont know much about the internal components I'm afraid. Also what sort of cost is going to be associated with this?

Frankt8242

thanks for your response. what exactly am i looking at here. i dont know much about the internal components I'm afraid. Also what sort of cost is going to be associated with this?

Normally when these movements break, it's cheaper to just replace them than to diddle with them...They can usually be had in the $25.-$50. price range, and are not really hard to switch out if you have a modicum of experience...Good luck!!

kkz88

Similar A2813 but this is gold movement fast jump change date same price ...

enanubaq.jpg

paulc

If you are buying from cousins, the dg4813 is in stock and a bit cheaper and a highbeat version of the dg2813, I had a busted dg2813 and swapped the 2813 out for the 4813, the original hands and movement ring fitted to lovely but the stem looked slightly different so I used the one that came with the new movement but as mentioned with a movement so cheap it is not worth sending off to a watchsmith.

ssh

I recall it being a miyota moment rather than the asian 21j model. is it possible to get that movement?

ssh

thanks for the responses. I'm going to get my watch smith to quote how much he will charge. hopefully he's open on weekends

Edited by ssh