Sign in to follow this  
brettjed

Silix WU

brettjed

I placed a order for a breitling replica from solid and I got the order email back. The email stated that since it's my first purchase I gotta pay with western union. I'm not intrested in the deal anymore due to that reason. But I was just seeing it this is a ripoff or a common thing?

Edited by greg_r
thread titled edited to reflect the actual situation

cnwh

It is because you haven't been reading enough.

M.A.D

It's not a scam. Most dealers use western union due to the issues with other payment options. Read and you shall learn.

Realism
:popcorn:

dingle
:facepalm:

brettjed

Half of y'all say it's a scam half say it's not. I read a bit through the dealer feedback and recent transactions seemed going through great. But I guess I'm missing some stuff to read on. I know I'm a newbie but I'll eventually figure stuff out. Instead of shaking your head give me some direction to base myself with.

Daywatch

Hi and no it´s not a ripoff, it´s normal on Your first purchase from the TD. Only way out You have (other than WU) - in the beginning - is to look for a TD who accepts Credit Card.

Ishmael

Before you get yourself flamed into the abyss, let me clear this matter up once and for all. Silix is NOT a scam. I've bought probably 3 dozen watches from her (Michelle) over the course of several years. She's fabulous, and the only reason she won't let you use PayPal is because too many idiots fuck up the transaction by writing something in the description box, like "replica Rolex", wherein PayPal promptly freezes her account, because it is illegal. This is her livelihood. Good for her for not trusting you - she shouldn't. Establish a relationship with her and you're good to go.

If you read the newbie stuff, you'd know this. Welcome here, but be careful what you do and say without educating yourself first.

reximda

The head shakes are caused by people who join a board, refuse to read, and call out a dealer who's earned trusted status through thousands of successful transactions. On their first post.

:picard:

brettjed

Sorry read some posts wrong. If y'all feel the need to flame me do it. And I never said they were scamming the title clearly states possible scam because I was unsure of the ways things worked around here. People say if you don't know ask. But thanks daywatch, admixer, and Ishmael. For fully explaining to me the way things work.

Sorry Silix if you feel offended I wasn't calling you scammers just questioning what was going on.

Ishmael

Sorry read some posts wrong. If y'all feel the need to flame me do it. And I never said they were scamming the title clearly states possible scam because I was unsure of the ways things worked around here. People say if you don't know ask. But thanks daywatch, admixer, and Ishmael. For fully explaining to me the way things work.

Can't tell if that was sarcastic or not, but it doesn't matter. If you like watches, this is the place for you. There is more information here than you could ever read, but don't let that stop you. Avail yourself of said information, and you will be quite happy. Good luck.

Gsrhonda

Sorry Silix if you feel offended I wasn't calling you scammers just questioning what was going on.

Welcome brettjed.

I hope this is only your first flaming, but if not then just remember a few things. 1st, there are probably thousands of members on here that have been flamed since they started. 2nd, look at it like a right of passage, take your medicine, do some reading, then do a lot of reading, then get a watch from a TD, wait for it to arrive, hold it and stare at it in amazement when it arrives cause it is so f-ing awesome, and lastly seek psychological help for an addiction to awesome rep watches cause you've purchased dozens off RWG.

Chin up mate, welcome to RWG and wear your watches well ( if you decide to stay ) and take lots of pics and post them.

Cheers!

Realism

why don't you just say that you didn't read all of the newbies posts... and admit you made a boo boo, instead of trying to retract your original statements

do you need me to do your summer courses too while you're at it?

Ishmael

why don't you just say that you didn't read all of the newbies posts... and admit you made a boo boo, instead of trying to retract your original statements

You offer summer courses Real?? What the fuck?!? Where do I sign up?? I'm only 30 credits short...

Realism

You offer summer courses Real?? What the fuck?!? Where do I sign up?? I'm only 30 credits short...

I can offer you a 5 credit... search for tds course for $500... non accredited though lol

Ishmael
why don't you just say that you didn't read all of the newbies posts... and admit you made a boo boo, instead of trying to retract your original statements do you need me to do your summer courses too while you're at it?
I can offer you a 5 credit... search for tds course for $500... non accredited though lol

That's reasonable. More so than what I'm paying my current university, and psychopathology won't be nearly as fun as TD searching...

JSJ
Sorry read some posts wrong. If y'all feel the need to flame me do it. And I never said they were scamming the title clearly states possible scam because I was unsure of the ways things worked around here. People say if you don't know ask. But thanks daywatch, admixer, and Ishmael. For fully explaining to me the way things work.Sorry Silix if you feel offended I wasn't calling you scammers just questioning what was going on.

Welcome brettjed.

I don't feel the need to flame you. You've already had some good advice here and very little flaming.

Bad was that you said one of our TDs might be trying to scam you. Most people who read your OP didn't answer. They just thought things like 'ignorant noob' and moved on.

If you want to stay and enjoy the hobby, you should edit your post title, which will reduce the number of people reading this over the next few hours who quickly conclude you are a dick.

BadPickle
Sorry read some posts wrong. If y'all feel the need to flame me do it. And I never said they were scamming the title clearly states possible scam because I was unsure of the ways things worked around here. People say if you don't know ask. But thanks daywatch, admixer, and Ishmael. For fully explaining to me the way things work.Sorry Silix if you feel offended I wasn't calling you scammers just questioning what was going on.

Welcome brettjed.

I don't feel the need to flame you. You've already had some good advice here and very little flaming.

Bad was that you said one of our TDs might be trying to scam you. Most people who read your OP didn't answer. They just thought things like 'ignorant noob' and moved on.

If you want to stay and enjoy the hobby, you should edit your post title, which will reduce the number of people reading this over the next few hours who quickly conclude you are a dick.

^^this^^

No scams here pal. Just a dealer protecting their PayPal account from stupid noobs who start disputes at the drop of a hat. It's not amazon here, so do some research about what happens around here before you start a thread in future.

All that said, it's a great place to come, so do your reading, upgrade to VIP/supporter, spend more than you earn, but above all, don't forget to post pics :thumbsup:

Welcome aboard the crazy train ;)

stevok2305

Wot they said basically. Read, then read some more and most of all remember the search box (top right of forum) is your best friend. Whatever question you have it's guaranteed someone will have asked it before. So to save yourself from an unnecessary flaming always try there first.

Welcome to the madhouse!