Sign in to follow this  
CRB

Moonwatch rep

CRB

Why is this thread unbelievable ?

BC1221

ive heard the "speedmaster professional" ones were a bit better.

i dont know. my only ref points are my CrPO and my 21j Submariner and the speedmaster bracelet feels the cheapest and the lightest out of all of these.

CrPO feels the best out of all of them. thick, has a good weight to it. feels absolutely perfect on my wrist.

i typically HATE bracelets but i love that one.

Speedmaster bracelet is a pain in the ass to size too. the pins just are a pain to take out.

btw, OP,

you do realize there are 2 versions of the ST19 movement based Speedys.

i didnt know this until i got mine.

there is the one with the flat crystal and the recessed dials with the "swirls" in the subdials.

this version has a slightly bigger case. 40mm without crown and 41 with. it seems to have bigger crown guards

this version also has full "speedmaster" engraving on the back.

this version has the steel rehaut.

image courtesy of Braith7 on RWI

20140130_114252-1_zps3d3be9ce.jpg

the other version. the one i have has a slightly domed crystal kinda like the ones you see on POs.

the subdials are recessed but very hard to tell because there is no swirls.

slightly smaller case. mine measures 38mm without crown. 40 with.

this version has the "speed master" outline engraving on the back.

this version has a black rehaut.

Mine

pu4asuva.jpg

8uvege9a.jpg

both have good and bad. the flat crystal on the other version sucks imo. esp because the brushed steel rehaut makes it look kinda funny.

it has the awesome sub dials though.

if i could have gotten mine with the domed crystal, black rehaut..etc with the swirled sub-dials. it would have been perfection.

im not sure if the gen crystal fits both of them but my slightly domed crystal is awesome i think so i never bothered upgrading to the gen.

This thread is unbelievable.

My ST-19 Speedy came from WI in December with Speedmaster on the bracelet. I now have a bracelet with Speedmaster Professional on it which came very recently from Aliexpress. The bracelets are both good quality.

Good luck with the refund from TT. If the factory only has Seamaster bracelets, expect the PC one to have that too. Good luck with the refund from PC.

Just a point. This is not Amazon.

Edited by BC1221

StormyNight

The one on mine, a Speedmaster Professional stamped one, is lovely.

Watch is shite though :D

Monty010

I still love my speedy. It's one of the gems in my box. And even though I've had some offers I can't see it go. Unless I get the gen :)

BC1221

yea. i just got the rep a few weeks ago and its by far one of my fav watches.

considering shopping for a reduced gen.

the only thing really stopping me is, i really want a SMP300 but i havent tried a rep of that yet.

may have to get one of those to compare.

both gens can be had pre-owned fairly cheap.

GardnerMS

I got my Speedy Professional from a TD and wore it daily until recently, when the mainspring gave out and I can't wind it.. I emailed the TD, and am debating about whether or not to get a replacement movement for it... Mine came with the Seamaster bracelet, which wasn't a big deal to me, since I put it on a cordura bracelet with a deployment clasp.. Reason behind that is that I work with computers all day and didn't want to scratch the computer with the bracelet. The chronograph worked for the 3 o'clock dial; the 6 o'clock mirrored the hour hand, and the 9 o'clock was seconds, per the gen... The big chronograph hand worked as well. I didn't run it much because I didn't want to break the movement...

However, this is the one I'm wearing daily now.

https://www.dropbox....9%2040%20AM.jpg

(not sure why it won't let me embed the picture)

mG

Edited by GardnerMS

JSJ
looking to get a quartz one from robbie. Anyone had any experience of these? Its been recommended by another member and looks awesome. It says that its 38.5mm. Is this the same as the gen? http://www.aootime.com/Replica-Omega-Watch-Men-Speedmaster-Japanese-Quartz-60122.html

Cheap and reliable, ticking chrono hand and seconds subdial. Looks like a gen from 6 feet away unless you really know your Speedies.

Will it make you happy? If so, buy it. I sold mine.

ledonster

Thanks jsj. Will it make me happy? Hell yeah! Could be my new basher. Going to get my head around this western union lark and order it ASAP :0)