Sign in to follow this  
CRB

Moonwatch rep

CRB

I'm ordering a watch from a TD, wont say who. Just got the QC pics today - watch looks very good - everything I could hope for from a rep. But the strap says 'Seamaster' and not 'Speedmaster' as shown on the TD website. I've questioned this with them - that's not unfair is it ?

Also, I've been told none of the the sub-dials work. This was news to me! Is this the case for all reps ? I hadn't seen that in what I've read in reports here, just some mention the hands not pointing at 12 etc.

JSJ

Hi and welcome to RWG.

Yes it seems like the dealers are shipping Speedies with the wrong clasp markings at the moment. The correct bracelets are freely available on Aliexpress. I just bought one and it arrived quickly so I know it's bollocks to say the correct one is not available. The rep world has some mysterious forces within it which means logic doesn't always work unfortunately.

You need to tell us more about the watch before you can get advice about the subdials. Can you show a link to the TD where you ordered it? Which version is it? Don't post the QC pics though.

CRB

Thanks for that. It's the standard omega moonwatch with the 3 dials. I'm not actually even sure what the three dials do on a gen, but would prefer them all to at least move.

JSJ

There's no such thing as a standard rep moonwatch. More than one version. What did you order and from whom?

CRB

I'm on my iPhone so can't seem to post a link, but it's the Trusty Time version called

OMG0036 - Omega SpeedMaster Pro Moon Watch - Lemania Hand Wind

Cheers

JSJ

OK then the subdials should work. The only thing wrong is that the subdial@6 turns with the hours and it should be the chrono hour counter. Kenny froze the one on mine when he did the relume.

Maybe there is some misunderstanding with your question about the subdials to the TD.

CRB

Ok, thanks, well I'd be happy with those dials. I'll re contactable TD and see what he says

Cheers

CRB

Also cod someone explain what the calibration qc photos mean ? Ie the Rate, Amp and BE . I've absolutely no idea !

CRB

I've been told that the factory only stocks Seamaster bracelets. That sucks.

KeNnY

yeah about the bracelets that is true :(

jdog

Also cod someone explain what the calibration qc photos mean ? Ie the Rate, Amp and BE . I've absolutely no idea !

Accuracy of the movement inside etc. Gains/minus' of seconds.

ie: running fast or slow, you get the idea

CRB

Can you elaborate on the accuracy bits please, what is acceptable ? Thanks.

Re the bracelet, I do not want a Speedmaster with a Seamaster strap , I already have a gen Seamaster. This is really disappointing for my first venture into rep world. Am going to get a refund unless someone can tell me who does a strap that I could buy from.

That's particularly bad that the strap advertised is not the one you get. It's a very significant part of the watch.

Realism

love to see them post "Venus" as "Lemania"...

golddusterrolex360

I want a speedie as my next rep, if it has a seamaster clasp you can count me out, and non working chrono ain't gonna fly either. I would think a seagull st-19 or a an asia 7750 would be available on some of them. What is the case size on the one you ordered?

KeNnY

Re the bracelet, I do not want a Speedmaster with a Seamaster strap , I already have a gen Seamaster. This is really disappointing for my first venture into rep world. Am going to get a refund unless someone can tell me who does a strap that I could buy from.

That's particularly bad that the strap advertised is not the one you get. It's a very significant part of the watch.

this is not an fault of dealers but mainly the factory maker.

the biggest tell are the subdials on the face of the watch not the lettering on the buckle (mine had only Speedmaster) , but nevertheless the watch is amazing piece.

and I would recommend getting gen strap for it for sure

p20120607-101257.jpg

StormyNight
I would think a seagull st-19 or a an asia 7750 would be available on some of them

It certainly is. Mine, and I believe most other, Speedy rep have a ST-19. Mine also has "Omega" markings on the movement/bridge AND a "Speedmaster" bracelet.

You get what you pay for ;)

jdog

Thats a whole separate thing I dont have the time to get into right now. What I will tell you is +/- a few sec. is all you really need to worry about. Assuming the pic shown is of the your watch.

CRB

Are speedy a TD then ? Sounds like a good route. I'm really disappointed over this as the watch itself looked great. I think the one I ordered was 39mm ? How much does a strap for that cost?

jdog

Are speedy a TD then ? Sounds like a good route. I'm really disappointed over this as the watch itself looked great. I think the one I ordered was 39mm ? How much does a strap for that cost?

Short for speedmaster bud. NO TD is SPEEDY!:) Except maybe Reg.

CRB

Oh yes, of course! So which TD did you but from then ?

jdog

Oh yes, of course! So which TD did you but from then ?

Mine came from Josh@ PC.

CRB

Ok thanks. Will check them out ...

BC1221

if you get a seamaster bracelet that fits, count your lucky stars.

the speedmaster bracelet is a POS imo.

the one that came with mine was anyway.

my seamaster PO bracelet on the other hand is prob the best rep bracelet i have.

the speedy looks better on straps or NATO anyway.

CRB

Had to work out what POS meant there - Point of Sale ? Planet Ocean Seamaster ? Then I twigged !

I think I would just have a problem with a Speedmaster dial and Seamaster bracelet. I've sent an email off to Perfect Clones, see what they can do, then I'll have to get a refund off TT which is a shame.

JSJ

This thread is unbelievable.

My ST-19 Speedy came from WI in December with Speedmaster on the bracelet. I now have a bracelet with Speedmaster Professional on it which came very recently from Aliexpress. The bracelets are both good quality.

Good luck with the refund from TT. If the factory only has Seamaster bracelets, expect the PC one to have that too. Good luck with the refund from PC.

Just a point. This is not Amazon.