Sign in to follow this  
livinglegend510

HELP!! iwc 5002 seconds hand issue

livinglegend510

HELP!! iwc 5002 seconds hand issue

hi all-

i was reinstalling the hands on my 5002 and after i pushed the crown in the seconds hand flew off!!! now i can get it to install on the watch it just falls off. Is the movement shot?? how do i source the seconds hand??? any help would be greatly appreciated!!!
th_lolpicard2.gif

Cheers!

Odyseus

You've probably snapped the second hand pinion, as it's very thin & fragile - I think most of the Big Pilots are fitted with a variant of the 2813??

livinglegend510

You've probably snapped the second hand pinion, as it's very thin & fragile - I think most of the Big Pilots are fitted with a variant of the 2813??

thanks Odyseus!! is this an easy fix??? where can i source the pinion??

SSTEEL

Take a close look at the hand itself, and see if the tube is still there, and if so, see if you can see through the tube with a loupe, if you can see through it, the tube that is, you maybe lucky. Check the movement, and see if the pinion is still present.

golddusterrolex360

The upside is 2813's are abundant and cheap.

livinglegend510

Take a close look at the hand itself, and see if the tube is still there, and if so, see if you can see through the tube with a loupe, if you can see through it, the tube that is, you maybe lucky. Check the movement, and see if the pinion is still present.

yea i can see through the seconds hand when using a loop. what should i look for in the movement??

livinglegend510
yea i can see through the seconds hand when using a loop. what should i look for in the movement??

here is a pic of the pinion

dac48a28-fab8-423a-bc5a-22edf9f230e0.jpg

e0719f4b-3c36-4da7-a053-8f6955c1d4f2.jpg

fc63a622-9b1e-4cdb-a6ab-5da439a819f3.jpg

Edited by livinglegend510

livinglegend510

looks like i broke the pinion..... :(

SSTEEL

Agree, but it looks abnormally round though, and don't look like its sharp/snapped. You may of pushed the pinion too hard, and it may of gone through the gear holding in the gear train.

livinglegend510

Agree, but it looks abnormally round though, and don't look like its sharp/snapped. You may of pushed the pinion too hard, and it may of gone through the gear holding in the gear train.

what options do i have now??

thank you for all your help!!