not_finbar

Noob CrPO vs LMPO 42mm: pictorial review

not_finbar

I bought both of these at the same time. I was positive I was going to prefer the LMPO, but I'd read that the bracelet was significantly nicer on the CRPO. So my intention was to swap the bracelets over and then sell the CRPO.

Funny how things turn out: I ended up keeping the CRPO, and the LMPO has changed hands on here twice already I think :D .

In many ways, I prefer the Liquid Metal. The shiny bezel and face are subtle but attention grabbing, the movement felt fantastic, and the bracelet wasn't nearly as bad as anyone made out. The red "Seamaster" on the dial is also better looking than the orange on the CRPO.

However, I know this is a bit ridiculous, but the CRPO has more of that mythic "gen-like feel". The quality of the brushing, the crown and the Helium escape valve are all much higher than the LMPO. Likewise the cutout of the date window. It was a very difficult choice, but even with the obviously fake movement the CRPO was eventually the one I decided to keep.

Anyway, enough words. Onto the pics!

DSCN5486.JPG

DSC02420.JPG

DSCN5493.JPG

DSCN5491.JPG

DSCN5496.JPG

DSCN5497.JPG

DSCN5509.JPG

DSCN5510.JPG

DSCN5511.JPG

DSCN5512.JPG

Edited by not_finbar

bklynboy

Nice comparison

u3ezega6_zps764651f0.jpg

My CRPO says hi

not_finbar

Nice. Looking casual and sporty for the weekend with the orange numerals and nato.

bklynboy

Nice. Looking casual and sporty for the weekend with the orange numerals and nato.

Summer beater, plus the band hides the obviously fake movement!

z k

That looks like the noob CrPO? I had the BP CrPO and compared to the LMPO I have now, I feel the LMPO is better quality.

The BP's case back black lettering was flaking off right away from TD. Some other small QC issues as well. In that aspect I felt the noob LMPO was a lot better. It has some QC issues as well but not as bad as the BP. Maybe your noob CrPO is better.

And I still don't like the bracelet on the LMPO. It just doesn't feel very good compared to the rest of the watch.

In terms of actual design, it's a toss up for me... they look very similar but slightly different. The CrPO looks slightly more updated because it is a newer style than the LMPO. I do like the clear caseback too even with the wrong looking movement.

Edited by z k

not_finbar

Yep, they're both from noob factory (as per the thread title :) )

NicholasShelton

I have the LMPO and I love it, although the markings on the bezel tend to be a bit invisible in certain lightings (due its high shine) -- would you say the markings are clearer on the CrPO?

not_finbar

I'd say there wasn't much in it, except for the [Zr02] on the LMPO dial which, as you say, is invisible half the time. That is cool when it makes an appearance though.

bobblesss

Nice comparison OP. Can't wait to receive my LMPO. Thanks for the detailed photos.

machiavegli

Good job not_finbar. We need more of these head-to-head photo comparisons... But good job also including "gen like feel" too

Mach

Icemix69

Both quality, ive got both & love them, great watches

Simms

Great choice, I love my CRPO...by the way it says hi!

bd377464586ac8ce20c94f452f75e09b_zpsf4b2495d.jpg

pamegalex

Great choice OP, never owned a LMPO so can't comment on the quality of the bracelet but the CrPO bracelet is very gen like and took an amateur like me no time at all to resize. And like you mentioned, the shinny bezel does make its presence felt along with subtle differences such as the red 'Seamaster' and the [Zr02] on the dial. IMO, its a better watch for those more formal occasion whereas the CrPO would be a daily beater - for me anyways.

Both are great reps and god knows how long I took to decide between both of them lol.. Eventually it came down to the quality of bracelet and I went with the CrPO. Loved it so much that I'm contemplating getting another one with orange numerals now :D The plan now (might sound a tad excessive) is to get a CrPO with orange numerals, change it to a rubber strap for a more 'sporty' look, then get a LMPO and swap the bracelet of the CrPO over and woalah.. before I know it, I'll have 3 diff PO's for 3 different occasions :D

Ilikewaches

I like the LMPO better, I've had both and kept the LMPO. The bracelet just needs a good cleaning and a soak in dry bike chain lube. Some lock tight on the half link pin is also in order. Mine feels fantastic after that.

Haltec

Well I was wondering about two things

1. 3, 6, 9 indices difference (It's OK. LMPO have cripled triangles and CRPO have square ones as gens)

2. Crowns (Adjustment & HE valves - also OK Gen LMPO polished surface and logo poslhed&rised / GEN CRPO brushed surface but logo poslhed&rised - which I like way more)

And there is bezel edge witdh - diference visible on pictures is ok and acording to Gen in each respective version.

So I am going to buy a LMPO and relume it, waterproof it, and change crowns & stems to gen CRPO's :) And even prefer Omega only CRPO bracelet over Seamaster Professional one.... :(

Huh - I am really hard prick to maintain.

Nice rewiew btw. Thx.

Haltec

p.s. I wonder does LMPO rep also have decorated movement as CRPO. (Does it should as gen?) Altough CRPO is stated as 2836 "Nickle Plated Asian Clone 2836, Automatic Movement, 25J, Highbeat 28800, , Decorated Insginia Rotor, All Markings of Omega 8500 Calibre Present"

And LMPO is just Asian 2824 clone.

p.p.s LMPO should be (As GEN , "Omega Caliber 2500 Self-winding chronometer, Co-Axial Escapement movement with rhodium-plated finish"_) So I guess no.

Funny - Omega 2500 Cal is modified ETA 2892-A2 with 25,200BPH or 7 beats per second. Rare isn't it?

Edited by Haltec

Dreadramon

Both sweet watches, would love to own one Some day.

dannie41560

Apparently these LMPO's are no longer being produced but a lot of the trusted sellers have in their in stock inventory, but always come and say they can't get it. Does anyone have any leads or would like to sell theirs???

museguy
On 12/07/2014 at 08:32, not_finbar said:

I bought both of these at the same time. I was positive I was going to prefer the LMPO, but I'd read that the bracelet was significantly nicer on the CRPO. So my intention was to swap the bracelets over and then sell the CRPO.

Funny how things turn out: I ended up keeping the CRPO, and the LMPO has changed hands on here twice already I think :D .

In many ways, I prefer the Liquid Metal. The shiny bezel and face are subtle but attention grabbing, the movement felt fantastic, and the bracelet wasn't nearly as bad as anyone made out. The red "Seamaster" on the dial is also better looking than the orange on the CRPO.

However, I know this is a bit ridiculous, but the CRPO has more of that mythic "gen-like feel". The quality of the brushing, the crown and the Helium escape valve are all much higher than the LMPO. Likewise the cutout of the date window. It was a very difficult choice, but even with the obviously fake movement the CRPO was eventually the one I decided to keep.

Anyway, enough words. Onto the pics!

DSCN5486.JPG

DSC02420.JPG

DSCN5493.JPG

DSCN5491.JPG

DSCN5496.JPG

DSCN5497.JPG

DSCN5509.JPG

DSCN5510.JPG

DSCN5511.JPG

DSCN5512.JPG

Dear @not_finbar

Happy Holidays !

Sorry to bump an old thread.  I am facing the same decision as you, Noob V6 LMPO or VSF CRPO.  I think I would prefer the solid case back and the thinness of the Noob V6 LMPO over the thickness and exposed fake movement of the VSF CRPO.  Although I would like the better bracelet of the VSF CRPO.

Six years later would you still make the same decision of the VSF CrPO over the Noob V6 LMPO?

Noob LMPO V6 $348 https://jtime.cc/us/planet-ocean-liquid-metal-limited-edition-1948-lmpo-1-1-noob-best-edition-v6.html

• Asian 2824
  • Thinner case
  • V6 Ceramic Bezel
  • Pinned Bracelet
  • Buy VSF bracelet and replace LMPO bracelet 

VSF CrPO $368 https://jtime.cc/us/planet-ocean-professional-ceramic-bezel-42mm-1-1-vsf-best-edition-silver-markers-on-ss-bracelet-a8500-super-clone.html

• 42mm, 16mm thick
  • Display case back
  • Asian 8500
  • Better bracelet with screws
  • Thicker case
  • Buy and change to the solid case back?

Thank you ! 

deju

@museguy iirc these are different factories Noob / BP

indeed at 1 point I owned both and I echo his sentiments. While the CRPO was arguably not as 1:1 and therefore not as gen like as the LMPO. The CRPO had a more gen wrist presence. Weird but you have to have both in hand to feel it. 

fast forward many years after selling and I bought back an LMPO, purely on the closed case back and non fading bezel issue.