Sign in to follow this  
KeNnY

Tao International Retrograde 2 - going to buy

KeNnY

Hi all,

I just wanted to know, what do you think of this Chinese model watch ?

It is Tao International Retrograde 2 with Sea-gull ST25 movement (maybe some other model). The quality looks ok. (It is fake tourbillon of course)

The strap is crap, even from the pictures, so I would buy some better leather strap.

The price of the watch is around 100USD including shipping on th e bay.

What do you think, should I go for it ?

Thanks for your opinions :yoda:

frontyw.jpgfront2p.jpg

back1a.jpgback2s.jpgback3g.jpg

package.jpg

greg_r

Ugh! My eyes! :yoda:

Horrible faux tourby and if that's actually a Sea-Gull movement, I'd be amazed - my guess is the cheapest of cheap 21Js. Give it a miss - that's gotta be overpriced by at least $50...

KinCaidk

Didn't Houndoggie buy a couple TAO watches?

Try using the search

KeNnY

it is that ugly ? I could be Seagull movement, yes it is faux tourbillon, but it at least like a fan :yoda: but from the back, it really looks like Seagull. When I was in Prague last week, looking at some fake Breitlings they "evolved" to use Asian J21 with the fake tourbillon, but the rotor and the back were greatly different from this.

KinCaidk I searched, and found 2 different TAO watches, will look also the New watch threat.

greg_r

Well other than the fact that faux tourbys suck, that really does look like the worst kind of cheap junk to me, I'm afraid. I've seen the same case and movement plus a minor variation on that dial used in a really low-end Breguet 'rep' before now.

KeNnY

yeah, you are right, it is not the same stuff like the real flying tourbillon. I have seen this same construction but Parnis brand, but it hadn't have engraved rotor (it is blank on parnis). But thanks for your opinion :yoda: