Sign in to follow this  
_DC_

THE DC REVIEW: Sellita vs Miyota Nautilus

_DC_

3ABFFF66-77CC-417E-AA63-8DEBCBD4FCDE_zpsejn4yr5f.jpg

DC

Ehi DC, I'm re-reading this great post as I'm going to get a Miyota like your too.

I noticed a small wrong detail on your old sellita.

Have you noticed that the stick @11 is wrong? The assembler should have used a stick like the one @5 and instead they used one like those @1 and @7 ;)

Fuck me, I never noticed that in the year or so that I owned it!

DC

Simms

Good eye but some things are better left unsaid! Now I'm sure you're eye will be continually drawn to that defect :). In any case, great write up and thanks for sharing DC.

GenTLe
Good eye but some things are better left unsaid! Now I'm sure you're eye will be continually drawn to that defect :). In any case, great write up and thanks for sharing DC.

Nor mines neither DC ones: in the 1st post he wrote he was selling it :)

tesmith2112

3ABFFF66-77CC-417E-AA63-8DEBCBD4FCDE_zpsejn4yr5f.jpg

DC

Ehi DC, I'm re-reading this great post as I'm going to get a Miyota like your too.

I noticed a small wrong detail on your old sellita.

Have you noticed that the stick @11 is wrong? The assembler should have used a stick like the one @5 and instead they used one like those @1 and @7 ;)

Wow! You have a great eye! I never noticed that either. Now it's all I see... :(

porschespeedster

Heavy necroposting here, but anyone else think this Miyota Jumbo is a sort of mash-up of the modern Jumbo and the classic 3700/1a?

The dial and hands scream 3700/1a, and just 70s vibes in general.

If the print was a little smaller on the dial, and had the older date-font...it could be our first vintage Patek rep!

But of course it has the modern Patek DW and DW font...which many 3700/1a's have as well.

As I've said 10000000 times before and I'll prob say it 1000000 more times...

...if this watch had a solid caseback + a few scratches/buffs, it would be a killer.

pateknautilus37005711_03_zps6e8efb9a.jpg

WatchaholicMallorca

Looking at pulling the trigger on a nautilus in SS blue dial, given the option would you go for the Miyota or an Asian ETA? Tori is offer the ETA on his site for 378$.

Cheers!

Edited by WatchaholicMallorca

_DC_
Looking at pulling the trigger on a nautilus in SS blue dial, given the option would you go for the Miyota or an Asian ETA? Tori is offer the ETA on his site for 378$.

Cheers!

Miyota!

DC

WatchaholicMallorca

Cheers!

Miyota!

DC

Thanks mate, should probably wait until my order arrives from Josh before ordering again, soon as the novelty wears off I'll be ordering the blue dial Miyota :giggle:

Godfathar

May I kindly ask why is this great review is under general discussion and not in the Patek Philippe section? I think it would be more beneficial over there.

Thanks a million