Sign in to follow this  
rimarima2

dream in the making! Nautilus miyota + gen strap + caseback engravings + fixed dial hands & screw!

submariner_boy

does the hand of the Asian ETA 2824 Nautilus (V3 Nautilus) fit on the Miyota 9015 Nautilus?

yawn

putting gen strap requires modding on the current case conversion kit. Not a hard job tho, gook luck, I was once planned to do the same and figure I cannot be bothered, the current one is close enough for me :D

_DC_
putting gen strap requires modding on the current case conversion kit. Not a hard job tho, gook luck, I was once planned to do the same and figure I cannot be bothered, the current one is close enough for me :D

Gen straps fit ok on SW200 Nautiluses, with minor adjustment (I know this because the guy at my local Timpsons managed it in 10 mins).

I know have a Miyota Nautilus on leather strap and I can't tell you it's very different, it's the same as the end link on the 5980 chronograph, a bit bigger than the Nautilus. I ordered a gen sped strap for the chronograph recently and it doesn't fit at all, even with a bit of modding was still a no go so gave up!

Moral of the story?! A gen strap won't fit on a Miyota Nautilus rep, so if you want to go gen strap then you'll have to she'll out the extra $ for an SW200, alternatively as Rob suggested try sending the rep strap to someone like LPV for them to make a strap for you, it won't be gen but it will be alligator which will be a HUGE improvement!!

That's what I'm planning to do for my Nautilus Chrono!!

DC

dingle

Great info

So for now we need a SW200 with a MYO dial and a gen strap?

Will the MYO dial fit the SW200 case and hand stack?

:Thinking:

_DC_
Great info

So for now we need a SW200 with a MYO dial and a gen strap?

Will the MYO dial fit the SW200 case and hand stack?

:Thinking:

Good question, I'll let someone with a little more money to burn than me find out, but looking at them side by side, you'd have to say there doesn't seem to be any reason why it wouldn't, the cases are virtually identical. Maybe different dial mounting points but nothing a little dial tape wouldn't sort out...

3ABFFF66-77CC-417E-AA63-8DEBCBD4FCDE_zpsejn4yr5f.jpg

DC

submariner_boy

does the hand of the Asian ETA 2824 Nautilus (V3 Nautilus) fit on the Miyota 9015 Nautilus?

GenTLe

Miyota 9015 hands size: 100/152/17

ETA 2824 hand size: 90/150/25

Edited by GenTLe

_DC_

Following a conversation with a chap over on RG, I've been able to establish that hands from a 2813 will fit, sizes as follows:

Miyota: 100/152/17

2813: 100/150/17

So there ya go, it can be done. And here's the results, courtesy if ciceroyeah at RG:

A49AA828-F3D8-47DB-A9EB-9077F0EC392D_zps7qfjlude.jpg

E85804E8-91AA-4BBD-98AE-3ABC7B3BB1B5_zpsjoomqsib.jpg

Pretty good eh?!

DC

herb

That's what I have been waiting for! looks great. Thanks DC (and cicero)!

submariner_boy

What model did you get the hands from and do you need to mod it to fit it?

GenTLe

Following a conversation with a chap over on RG, I've been able to establish that hands from a 2813 will fit, sizes as follows:

DC

Mate, take care he asked about ETA 2824, not about the Dixmont-Guangzhou 2813 which is a very different thing.

The DG2813 and the Miyota 8215 are clones, the Miyota 90xx is another movement but has the same hand size.

ETA (and clones) are different story and have not compatible hands.

Cheers.

Now please sell me one of your PP :D

_DC_

DC

Mate, take care he asked about ETA 2824, not about the Dixmont-Guangzhou 2813 which is a very different thing.

The DG2813 and the Miyota 8215 are clones, the Miyota 90xx is another movement but has the same hand size.

ETA (and clones) are different story and have not compatible hands.

Cheers.

Now please sell me one of your PP :D

I wasn't replying specifically to him, lol, just pointing out to the masses that a transplant is not only possible it's been done successfully, and the Nautilus donor rep you need is the one with the 2813 movement!!

Haha, no chance of selling any of them I'm afraid mate, I'll be adding to them if anything!!!

DC

GenTLe

I wasn't replying specifically to him, lol, just pointing out to the masses that a transplant is not only possible it's been done successfully, and the Nautilus donor rep you need is the one with the 2813 movement!!

That's "the" secret! :D

Haha, no chance of selling any of them I'm afraid mate, I'll be adding to them if anything!!!

Now I have "the secret" and may proceed by myself :D

herb

You guys have been at this much longer--any idea how difficult it would be to source just the hands? might it help to do a "group buy" to incentivize a TD to get them? Seems very inefficient to toss the rest of the watch if we just need hands.

thx

rimarima2

thats true!

Duzza

I see lots of 4813 Nautilus bit not 2813, they're the same, right?

_DC_
I see lots of 4813 Nautilus bit not 2813, they're the same, right?

Not sure, don't think so, I don't know much about movements so I wouldn't risk it. Rimarima2 has posted the link to the sillix cheapy which has a 2813 movement, should do the trick nicely!

DC

Duzza

I think 4813 is the same, just gold coloured parts. Shant risk it though :)

herb

good idea, but is it possible to get a trusted dealer to do the job attaching the right hands?

in my case I was suggesting getting a TD to get a number of hands (say 20 sets) just the hands. Then we distribute among the folks who pitch in and are on our own to swap (destroy) our own watches.

alternatively, if someone is crafty, they could buy the hands and make a few bucks doing the work as a service. I sure wouldn't mind paying someone to do it, if I thought they knew what they are doing and have the tools. So there ought to be demand for this service.

Edited by herb

rimarima2

joran has offered to switch the hands and do engravings

_DC_

Engravings?!

DC

Duzza

I think 4813 is the same, just gold coloured parts. Shant risk it though :)

Just in case anyone reads this in the future. The 4813 has varying cannon pinions so its possibly not suitable!

rimarima2

Engravings?!

DC

yes engravings on the caseback under the rotor! i mentioned it in the beginning of the thread remember

Realism

There's no engravings on the caseback...

if you're talking about the engravings on the movement itself... just forget about it...

olloclip3_zps2cbaf5cc.jpg