Sign in to follow this  
rimarima2

dream in the making! Nautilus miyota + gen strap + caseback engravings + fixed dial hands & screw!

rimarima2

why forget about it? joran said its possible

GenTLe
I see lots of 4813 Nautilus bit not 2813, they're the same, right?

For what I got studying around, 4813 and 2813 hands are the same size, yes :)

Look my post in movement q&a forum in rwgforum.net :)

Edited by GenTLe

_DC_
There's no engravings on the caseback...

if you're talking about the engravings on the movement itself... just forget about it...

olloclip3_zps2cbaf5cc.jpg

Hold on a sec there Real', the engravings on the AP 15400 Miyota are a nice touch...

D7F9D41E-1184-4ACB-BD3F-4C61A9F55533_zpsmlxs8rbx.jpg

Something similar but in the style of the Patek would be a nice touch IMO, if done well..... we can't all be minted and afford the gen like you :P

DC

herb

why forget about it? joran said its possible

Not sure who Joran is, Clearly Mr. Joran knows what he is talking about.... but this sounds kind of crazy. I imagine with a CNC machine or a wickedly steady hand and a dremel maybe, mayyyyyybe you could engrave some of that text. I would pay $5 for a picture of that!

If there is a way to make this happen, I am in.

Edited by herb

_DC_
I see lots of 4813 Nautilus bit not 2813, they're the same, right?

For what I got studying around, 4813 and 2813 hands are the same size, yes :)

Look my post in movement q&a forum in rwgforum.net :)

Here's something interesting I just noticed........ I used to own a 4813 Nautilus, it was the first Nautilus I ever owned actually, and I sold it over a year ago when I bought my SW200. I was just looking through old photos and came across shots of it, and have a look at the hands........

D7B1928B-150F-4295-BF75-54115E97D599-2128-00000253631C826C.jpg

Recognise them for anywhere?!?!

So you see, when they made the Miyota version they didn't use the hands from the AP, they used the hands from the 4813 Nautilus!!!

No one ever picked up on the hands issue with the 4813, isn't that strange?! We were all too preoccupied with the fact the date window was wrong (NB: the dial pattern was actually correct on the 4813 too)!!

DC

GenTLe

So you see, when they made the Miyota version they didn't use the hands from the AP, they used the hands from the 4813 Nautilus!!!

DC

So another confirmation that Miyota 8215, 9015 and Dg2813 and 4813 are the same size :)

Duzza

DC

So another confirmation that Miyota 8215, 9015 and Dg2813 and 4813 are the same size :)

Looks likely doesn't it