Sign in to follow this  
RolexAddict

Problem with ImageCave

RolexAddict

Something bad happen today,

I don't understand, maybe its me, for sure its ImageCave fault, I can't figure making something vrong but all my albums are deleted.

I gave the priority to rebuilt the A7750 files. Done. Tooks 2 hours.

Sorry for all other topics, will need time to refresh.

Fortunately all my pics are stored and saved on external hard disks, but I have to upload again on ImageCave. I pay storing space to ImageCave. Last week they sent me a mail asking me a new credit card number, as my card was in expiration so they wanted a new one with a new number. And the worse, I have paid to be zen till april 2009...

I was in Hawaïï and told them to wait a few days. The result: all my albums are deleted

ImageCave = scammers ????

AllergyDoc

I'm switching all my photos over to www.flickr.com as they don't downgrade the image. For me it's only $25 a year. Good luck with your rebuilding project.

greg_r

:D

Sorry to hear of your problems, RA

AllergyDoc

Here is an example.

Imagecave:

BS%20YM%20005.jpg

Flickr:

3158099249_3f08e79c4c_o.jpg

Look at the image artifacts around the small details, such as the minute markers on the dial. The Flickr image is so much cleaner.

Guest dave123

Imagecave blows,during the last F. up they had and then putting limits on whatever,i switched to photobucket,no B.S and easy to use.

onzenuub

Sue them, or shoot them.

JohnG

I have never had any problems with Photobucket and I don't pay anything... I don't know if what I have is really crap, but I have a LOT of pictures on there... what are the differences between that and the paid services?

AllergyDoc

The sites that compress your images when you upload them will degrade your images. Just depends on how fussy you are about image quality. I have a free Imagecave account, too, as well as a paid one. The free one is limited on storage and bandwidth. I exceeded my bandwidth one month and all my pics disappeared. Plus, this board software gets fussy about sites like Imagecave that add "_" underscore characters in their links.

RolexAddict

ok, thanks guys for infos,

right now I rebuild, but think to migrate my pics

AD, what you said it's exactly what happen to me

Edited by RolexAddict

swissaddict

I recommend Flickr too.. it's geared toward photographers and photo enthusiasts so image quality is hardly compromised at all... they do sharpening when reducing dimensions to give you thumbnails, small, medium, and large of a picture, but that's about it.

greg_r

I'm told that smugmug is pretty good too (an ex-gf works for them).

Never used any of these image hosting sites myself, though, so can't really speak from experience.

alphakazi

I've used imageshack for about 5 years now

http://www.imageshack.us/

It's best to do any resizing within photoshop (or like program) rather than let the host do it. This way, you can control the exact amount of .jpg compression. With a 12 Mega Pixel digicam, some file sizes can reach 7 Megabytes - this would take a while to upload a handful - after resizing and compressing a .jpg for forums use, it should be about 100 kilobtyes.

The 2 images Doc posted have different compression factors - the 1st image is about 50 kilobytes and the second is about 90 kilobytes. Imagecave saves a ton of storage space by using a higher compression factor and this could also be advantageous if you are posting a ton of pics as loading would be faster.

Now a days, almost everyone has a broadband connect so posting high res pics shouldn't be a bother for most

AllergyDoc

With compression comes image degradation.

Guest dave123

So was it this 'flickr' that made Clint look like a cross between a dude from India and a mummy?.....

AllergyDoc

What do you know about "art"?

Clint is...

...art.

Which is to say, he's not Canadian. :lol:

Edited by AllergyDoc

Guest dave123
What do you know about "art"?

Clint is...

...art.

And i am a homo for saying so.

You have to give that up Doc.

:handjob:

AllergyDoc

Sigh...

Back to your old tricks.

Weren't you MRBLUEMOM?

JohnG

Dave doesn't have the ambition or the imagination necessary to create an alternate id.

NFleischer

i have alot of trouble downloading from Image shack to this forum.

can you use photobucket here? anyway- my pix suck. they can't be 'degraded'

much more

JohnG

much more

Yup, I use photobucket, no problem.

... is it me, or does Doc have a huge man-crush on Clint Eastwood?

alphakazi

much more

there is no downloading involved - just paste the link here using the rte-image-button.png icon in the text editor when making a post.

after uploading to imageshack - at the page with all the links... use the one on the very bottom that is hidden (+show advanced linking) - just copy that address (highlight, right-click, copy) and then paste it here (right-click, paste) - hope that helps ya

iabounty

I am using flickr. The only problem is MY lack of photography skills........ Account is free and easy to use after Swiss Addict posted a "how to use it" WITH pictures and instructions on EVERYTHING..... God...... Give SA a sticky on that if you would please... :notworthy:

onzenuub
I am using flickr. The only problem is MY lack of photography skills........ Account is free and easy to use after Swiss Addict posted a "how to use it" WITH pictures and instructions on EVERYTHING..... God...... Give SA a sticky on that if you would please... :Praying:

We all knew how to use it, IA, it was only you who didn't. :)

JohnG
I am using flickr. The only problem is MY lack of photography skills........ Account is free and easy to use after Swiss Addict posted a "how to use it" WITH pictures and instructions on EVERYTHING..... God...... Give SA a sticky on that if you would please... :blink:

We all knew how to use it, IA, it was only you who didn't. :notworthy:

And I have screen shots.

onzenuub
I am using flickr. The only problem is MY lack of photography skills........ Account is free and easy to use after Swiss Addict posted a "how to use it" WITH pictures and instructions on EVERYTHING..... God...... Give SA a sticky on that if you would please... :blink:

We all knew how to use it, IA, it was only you who didn't. :notworthy:

And I have screen shots.

You have noooooooooothing