Sign in to follow this  
ssh

where to get a high beat 2813 movement?

ssh

Hi

Im looking at replacing the movement in my Rolex Sub and am interested in the high beat 2813 model. Its currently just a 21j

Edited by ssh

jdog

Offrei or cousins

DR3M3L

I may have one lying at home, drop me a PM and I'll take a look for you when I get home this evening!

Kcore

If you're in the U.S., Otto Frei in CA has DG2813 for about $25 + shipping but it's a 21,600 BPH. Another CA company is AllWatchParts. They have the 2813 same price as Otto. Esslinger also has them but their cost is a bit more, about $28. Esslinger is located in St. Paul, MN.

avrahamk1

Try to contact Perfect Clones/Trusty Time. They sell those in watches, ask if they could supply just the movement itself.

jdog

Try to contact Perfect Clones/Trusty Time. They sell those in watches, ask if they could supply just the movement itself.

You're actually better off sourcing from one of the above places. No customs issues ordering a movement so why go through the hassle of waiting etc. Plus, they're a dime a dozen and easily obtainable.

avrahamk1

You're actually better off sourcing from one of the above places. No customs issues ordering a movement so why go through the hassle of waiting etc. Plus, they're a dime a dozen and easily obtainable.

Just tryin to help :popcorn:

jdog

Just tryin to help :popcorn:

No worries. Man didn't mean anything by it.

StormyNight

Go to any TD.

Pay hundred dollars extra for a "Gen Swiss ETA"

Congrats, you now have a 2813 ;)

rusty peters

Now that's funny. At least it's new. The old way of dusting off a beat Swiss movement and charging a premium still annoys me.

ssh

unfortunately I'm in Australia and the shipping from those sites makes it not worthwhile

Mechwarrior

are you looking for 28.800 bph high cannon pinion 4813, direct swap for 2813? tell me if you find one ^_^

GenTLe
Mechwarrior

i woul like to know why in italy we have 1/3 Usa salary and prices are double............... this 3 site are low or high cannon pinion? ;)

Edited by Mechwarrior

Kcore

unfortunately I'm in Australia and the shipping from those sites makes it not worthwhile

In OZ, no worries - just check out Labanda, they're in OZ. You'll have to register to see prices. They carry Chinese, ETA, Miyota, Ronda and others. They have both the DG2813 & DG4813.

Almost forgot, it can take up to 48 hrs to get your registration approved.

GenTLe

i woul like to know why in italy we have 1/3 Usa salary and prices are double............... this 3 site are low or high cannon pinion? ;)

Ahahah... Ahah... Ah... A :(...As Italian, that's my craziness too :(

About the pinion... Really don't know mate, sorry... What is the difference? (I mean I know what CP is, but what does having a high CP involve or made possible? And what the lower one?)

Mechwarrior

Afaik dg 2813 is taller movement with taller CP. dr 4813 is slim with small CP. so not direct sometimes.

BC1221

i think i read somewhere that the version the stores sell isnt "high beat".

they just have the higher cannon pin.

there was a thread about this a while back because i was thinking of doing the same thing.

basically, someone ordered a 4813 from oferi. it wasnt high beat. it was the same low beat.

i dont remember which forum it was on though. just do a search. this has been discussed before

Frankt8242

Or....You can just "suck it up", and get used to the "horrors" of 6, vs 8 ticks/ second!!....

I know that's a lot to ask, but if you want to eventually withdraw from the scourge of "repanalitis", you have to at least start with "baby steps"!! :giggle: :giggle:

DR3M3L
i think i read somewhere that the version the stores sell isnt "high beat".

they just have the higher cannon pin.

there was a thread about this a while back because i was thinking of doing the same thing.

basically, someone ordered a 4813 from oferi. it wasnt high beat. it was the same low beat.

i dont remember which forum it was on though. just do a search. this has been discussed before

It was a thread on WUS, I've read it too quite some time ago.

JSJ

CousinsUK sell a movement called 4813 and it's low beat.

I too would like to know a source for high beat direct replacements for the 2813 but I have never found one.

Direct replacement means it fits and the hands and dial fit without mods.

Those who don't see the need for high beat movements please feel free to ignore the request. Or take the piss out of us discerning souls who want a decent sweep :rofl: