Sign in to follow this  
RolexAddict

A Rolex GMT 1675 on the beach

RolexAddict

Trying to keep my ImageCave contract under control...

I wanted to test the ability of my customized GMT to be worn under tropical climate and the water resistance

The background of this watch I brought with me is a vintage GMT Master bought from Josh one year ago. The case is very precise and the movement is a ETA 2836-2. That's the only positive things. Altrough the dial is not very sharp, he looks good with the large dots. Its O.K. A good aftermarket dial with sharp print and correct fonts cost 350 bucks minimum. :(

Plexi, bezel and insert on this model are complete wrong. The bezel for exemple, is the same used on vintage Subs.

With this customized watch on my wrist I have visited Ben Bridge in Honolulu and another Rolex AD at the Whaler's Village shopping center located in Maui between the Westin and my hotel in Ka'anapali. In both places I got a lot of compliments :Jumpy::hitler: for my Chinese "1675". Really, it looks like a gen.

What I dead on this watch :

1)_I changed the dome plexi for a gen cyclop 116, Swiss Sternkreuz brand, used by Rolex and called - a service plexi- for 1675 repairs.

2)_The insert was also changed for a aftermarket 4mm wide like the original on the 1675 models.

For this I had to enlarge the inner bezel diameter to fit this insert.

3)_I change the riveted bracelet for a regular one but with the old style end links

The watch was waterproofed using marine grease to coat case gasket, tube and crown o'rings also. The tube and case treaths are coated with teflon. The case back was screwed tight using the right Rolex tool. The plexi is glued with a hight temp. resistance epoxy, so I can take showers and hot bath with this watch.

The idea was to produce a every day wear tool watch.

Note : on this pic the watch looks exactly like the gen.

Ha04.jpg

Here, its 11.13am in Hawaïï while the red hand indicates "I don't know what am/pm" as the bezel is turned, I cannot remember what I was trying to track, maybe to much beer... :beerjump: Normal, I was driving a car. :D

Ha00.jpg

Here lying on the sand and let the waves wash the watch

Ha03.jpg

Ha02.jpg

Ha01.jpg

Here in the pool

Ha05.jpg

Ha06.jpg

Ha07.jpg

The idea is to offer middle of this year to the Rolex vintage GMT lovers this concept based on the vintage model or the Retro Edition model from our dealers

Just a project,

1) the 1675, using a Vintage Model background : modified bezel + new correct insert + correct plexi + serviced movement + waterproofing

2) the GMT Transition, using the Retro Edition background (case evolution towards the GMT 2) with the same features as mentionned for the 1675

The mentionned watch was not more deap than the bottom of a pool, but it will be passed through a pressure test equipment in the following days. I am not affraid, sure it will be good for 100 meters like the gen. :thumbsup:

greg_r

Great looking watch, RA - respect is due :D

:hitler:

JohnG

Very very nice watch. I also love that you went into the AD with it. I personally think all those people who are anti-wear-your-rep-into-the-AD are a little too uptight.

Great thread.

alphakazi

nice shot

Ha02.jpg

omni

I especially liked the map shot, that's a personal connection for me! :bollocks:

Guest dave123

Driving a Mustang with that watch on will get ya called out every time....well,they might suspect your Timex as well.... :bollocks:

I dig that map shot as well RA,nicely done.... :wub:

JohnG
Driving a Mustang with that watch on will get ya called out every time....well,they might suspect your Timex as well.... :bollocks:

+1

alphakazi

I think the new style mustangs look great - what is that, an '07?

I test drove a GT a few years back - I was looking for a somewhat ecomonical sports car without breaking the bank - a used viper was what I really wanted but then thought maybe a new mustang... the car chirps into 3rd - it has balls to spare if any of you need some :bollocks:

Guest dave123
I think the new style mustangs look great - what is that, an '07?

I test drove a GT a few years back - I was looking for a somewhat ecomonical sports car without breaking the bank - a used viper was what I really wanted but then thought maybe a new mustang... the car chirps into 3rd - it has balls to spare if any of you need some :wub:

Alpha....what a sad story,must be the economy.

Keep up the prayers on the car issue..... :bollocks:

alphakazi

Economy a few years back? :lol: are you kidding me? I couldn't keep up which is why I was considering a second car as a toy - today no chance I'd do it - my ole benz is more than enough and serves me well - besides, keeping tenants in my investments > anything right now - the real estate market's not too hot atm don't ya know - sales for January are down 50% from 2008

btw, what do you drive rich boy Davie?

JohnG
Economy a few years back? :lol: are you kidding me? I couldn't keep up which is why I was considering a second car as a toy - today no chance I'd do it - my ole benz is more than enough and serves me well - besides, keeping tenants in my investments > anything right now - the real estate market's not too hot atm don't ya know - sales for January are down 50% from 2008

Oh fuck, here comes the pic of his Vette.

RolexAddict

Thanks guys for your comments, I will post more about -watches in water- soon

I don't know witch model of Mustang I got, Its a new one with all panel features in plastic like Airbus aircrafts :lol:

I rented one in Oahu and Maui, very good price. For Maui, for 5 days with Alamo I paid $340,00 unlimited milleage+basic insurances+taxes.

In Kauai I had a Jeep wrangler.

The last day of our trip we arrived in Honolulu from Maui at 12.00am. Our flight to Lax was at 10.50pm. I got a Mustang from Budget at the airport for only $51.00 !!! all included ! -except the $4.00 road day taxe- Less expensive than to take a cab to Waikiki beach. We have driven around 50 miles and I did not return the car with complete full gas... They checked the car and said "its O.K Sir"

good business :thumbsup:

trailboss99
I will post more about -watches in water- soon

Goody! I'm dying to hear about the Daytona water proofing.

Col.

alphakazi
Economy a few years back? :rofl: are you kidding me? I couldn't keep up which is why I was considering a second car as a toy - today no chance I'd do it - my ole benz is more than enough and serves me well - besides, keeping tenants in my investments > anything right now - the real estate market's not too hot atm don't ya know - sales for January are down 50% from 2008

Oh fuck, here comes the pic of his Vette.

excerpt from What Kind of Car Are You?

Last but not least, of course, is the Corvette . Lorraine says these drivers are “conservative but trying to satisfy a mid-life crisis by displaying their wild side through their car.â€

greg_r
excerpt from What Kind of Car Are You?
Last but not least, of course, is the Corvette . Lorraine says these drivers are "conservative but trying to satisfy a mid-life crisis by displaying their wild side through their car."

:rofl:

Sounds about right.

AllergyDoc

What a fun watch! Thanks for the write-up.

Guest dave123

I'm 33,no mid life whatever,i'm younger than all of you old farts here,Doc could be my grandfather. :notworthy:

I have a Vette i drive at times,but i have a Hemi Charger and that i drive most of the time,since you asked.

iabounty
Very very nice watch. I also love that you went into the AD with it. I personally think all those people who are anti-wear-your-rep-into-the-AD are a little too uptight.

Great thread.

I have never agreed with JohnG on anything up till now...........

Great thread indeed RolexAddict. :notworthy:

alphakazi
I'm 33,no mid life whatever,i'm younger than all of you old farts here,Doc could be my grandfather. :bottle:

I have a Vette i drive at times,but i have a Hemi Charger and that i drive most of the time,since you asked.

pics or it never happened

greg_r
I'm 33,no mid life whatever,i'm younger than all of you old farts here,Doc could be my grandfather. :bottle:

My wife used to run one of those. Woman's car.

:bottle:

onzenuub
I'm 33,no mid life whatever,i'm younger than all of you old farts here,Doc could be my grandfather. :Doh:

My wife used to run one of those. Woman's car.

:Praying:

I remember her driving that one.