Sign in to follow this  
tinyt

Breitling Emergency any reps

tinyt

Hi, im new to forums and this, im sure this has been answered somewhere but cant finf it..... but im looking for a rep breitling emergency, any one know a supplier? thanks

scorpion

The are no decent reps as such - there is a fantasy model i once owned that Silix sell - look under the Brietling Lower priced ones towards the end of the range. I would say its worth the money but in no way is it an accurate rep. Pic of mine is below:-

Breitlng Emergency Mission Ana Digi (2) (Medium).jpg

StormyNight

As far as I'm aware the one above (albeit it in other colours too) is the only option.

My gen says hello and for comparison to show just how far off the "best" rep is:

5ef11fc0256bb0808ba01edfd4df1f38_zpsfccada52.jpg

scorpion

Rep is well off yes but the thing that bugs me on the gen is that it has no seconds hand, i know the digital display does them but i think it looks odd with just a minute and hour hand. That and the lack of buttons that cause settings it to be complex puts me off the gen. Having said that i could try to overlook these things if a yellow dialled gen was going cheap :giggle:

StormyNight

I like the two handed look to be honest and how the minute hand jumps in 30 seconds increments. Also love the "multi-function" crown to scroll through/use the functions rather than pushers all over the place :D

StormyNight

You missed a sub-£2k yellow dialled one on eBay a few weeks ago. No tester or box but it was £1600 I think.

I paid circa. £3k for mine.

gtwc

Just wondering why anyone would want a rep (Scorp excepted) of a real emergency watch.......................

seems to defeat the object somewhat.

:giggle:

StormyNight

The real emergency function is pretty much pointless too in all fairness. :D

StormyNight

Should add to the "price comparison" thing; mine is the full briefcase/tester/rubber and Fighter bracelet, VHS video/etc. kit.

scorpion

Just wondering why anyone would want a rep (Scorp excepted) of a real emergency watch.......................

seems to defeat the object somewhat.

:giggle:

Actually the rep has a micro compass in the end of the cap where the gen has its transmitter wire. I could undo it and play around with it unlike the gen on which removal of the transmitter wire in a non emergency is an offence plus it has to go back to Brieting to be replaced / reset.

If i had a gen i just know i would end up undoing it and pulling it out, i could not resist :suck:

Higs

I'd rather have the rep.

If I had a gen I'd end up fiddling with it after a few shandies and find myself 'rescued' at enormous cost from the Ferret & Cheese.

StormyNight

Just to put your minds at rest; you won't be "rescued" or have SAR helicopters buzzing over you outside the local kebab shop if you drinkenky deployed the transmitter. You'll have a big repair bill for a watch that no longer functions and, if you're really unlucky or stupid (you are stupid if you "play with" it and pull the antennae), a big bill for false activation.

tinyt

Thanks for the replies, will have a look what they have!