Sign in to follow this  
Lenny63

A7753 secs@3 - second hand stopping intermittently

Lenny63

Hi all

Have a lovely breitling flying B seconds @3 - the issue is the seconds hands @3 stops now an again - watch keeps perfect time

Suggestions and am I looking at a costly fix ?

TRANSPORTER

If the watch keeps perfect time I'm inclined to think that hand might either be slightly loose or catching on something.

When that hand stops are you able to remove the movement to see if the balance has stopped, or, this is easier hold the watch to your ear and listen to see if its still ticking, if its still ticking I'd put my money on the fitment of the hand being a little dodgy. If its too loose you can close the hole on the hand by removing it and gently drawing a screwdriver over it so that it moved some if the edge metal and thus reduces the inside diameter of the hole.

Of course I could be totally wrong with my diagnosis and someone else may come along and know exactly whats wrong and how to fix

10:10 Watch Repair

could be the hand, but it would probably have fallen off by now if it was loose. If I had to guess, there's too much side or end shake in the transfer gears causing them not to engage all the time.