D_Chico

What To Do If Your Package Is Held By Customs

detarusa

My order was "handed over to customs"... and right before the weekend too. Keeping my fingers crossed (I'm in Israel)

profsteve

Another thing some might want to know is buying M2M from one county to another i'e., from UK to CONUS will the USPS tracking give any indication that something is wrong or will a letter just show up and if that is the case how long after "processed through sort facility ISC" might that be - does anyone know?

Kiwibob

Thanks for the info, does anyone know what the procedure is in Australia? My bronzo has been held in Sydney customs for nearly two weeks now. No letter from them yet. For some stupid reason I ordered a PAM box with the watch this time, never ordered a box before and never had a problem with delivery before so I'm guessing this is what is causing the issue.

Any Aussies got advise for me ?

Raczy

Thanks for the info, does anyone know what the procedure is in Australia? My bronzo has been held in Sydney customs for nearly two weeks now. No letter from them yet. For some stupid reason I ordered a PAM box with the watch this time, never ordered a box before and never had a problem with delivery before so I'm guessing this is what is causing the issue.

Hi Bob , Becuase your avatar made my heart start up again and because im Aussie ill chime in, probably wont help but hey... I've ordered plenty from o/s but only ever recieved a customs notice when i tried to buy something very illegal from China (not watches). I didnt get told they were holding it but a letter saying they have confiscated it and an empty box.

Working is logistiks usually if they hold something they are trying to contact the seller for info on the prodoct/reciept, in this case being a watch from a TD theres no contact info so my guess is you will never get it and you should let the TD know its stuck.

How do you know its being help if you dont have a letter? The tracking ?

Tim

Kiwibob

Hi Bob , Becuase your avatar made my heart start up again and because im Aussie ill chime in, probably wont help but hey... I've ordered plenty from o/s but only ever recieved a customs notice when i tried to buy something very illegal from China (not watches). I didnt get told they were holding it but a letter saying they have confiscated it and an empty box.

Working is logistiks usually if they hold something they are trying to contact the seller for info on the prodoct/reciept, in this case being a watch from a TD theres no contact info so my guess is you will never get it and you should let the TD know its stuck.

How do you know its being help if you dont have a letter? The tracking ?

Tim

Hi Tim, that's Jamie Chung from the movie Sucker Punch, a bit of alright huh :wub:

Yeah, I can see on Aust Post tracking that it's been in Sydney since the 8th, I called Aust Post to see what the story was and they said it's at Customs but couldn't provide any further info without lodging an enquiry about the package.

I've just emailed TS Watch today to see what they suggest doing. I've had no contact from Customs so fuked if I know what they're up to.

BTW, I like you're avatar but my Ducacti Diavel is better :B):

Cheers, Bob.

narikaa

What To Do If Your Package Is Held By Customs?

Try not to cough or make any sudden movements

;)

Sultan Brunei

Package is always being held by customs in my country. And I always come to the customs office at airport, pay some money, and get the watch home :)

jdog

What To Do If Your Package Is Held By Customs?

Try not to cough or make any sudden movements

;)

:lmao:

You might as well cough and get the hernia test done while you're at it Reg. It helps with the lessen the thought of the reach-a-round.

risky007

Wow, very informative thread. Scary to think ordering a watch from the internet can land your name on a watch list.

chase0224

So is it possible to be fined for buying a rep?

Baldr

Yes, however in most cases they will send a warning the first time when you ordered 1-3 watches. (This goes for the Netherlands, I don't know how it is in other countries).

JSJ

Yes, however in most cases they will send a warning the first time when you ordered 1-3 watches. (This goes for the Netherlands, I don't know how it is in other countries).

What exactly do they fine you for?

Baldr

What exactly do they fine you for?

They fine you for importing prohibited items (watches, bags, perfumes etc).

JSJ

OK, so it's a criminal offence in the Netherlands? It's not here in the UK as far as I know. To be honest, if it was, I wouldn't do it.

Ashi

Thank you for this useful post.

Trueblue1989

Thanks for the post I'll be sure to follow if I have any issues

Mach25

Had a watch seized by customs shipping into France a few weeks ago via EMS. Got a letter in the mail with a fine of 150 euros! It said pay the fine or we will prosecute you for the full value of the watch in France, which they estimated to be 22,000 euros. TD wont replace it. Now that's what I call a bad day. :(

JSJ
Had a watch seized by customs shipping into France a few weeks ago via EMS. Got a letter in the mail with a fine of 150 euros! It said pay the fine or we will prosecute you for the full value of the watch in France, which they estimated to be 22,000 euros. TD wont replace it. Now that's what I call a bad day. :(

How can they prove you ordered it unless you admit it?

Is it a criminal offence in France to receive a parcel? Is the fine to be paid to the customs or to a lawyer?

narikaa

Tell them its an ISIS plot

black263

That's why we advise denying any knowledge. It's not illegal in UK to own or buy a replica. It is illegal to import one. So if you admit that you ordered it, you are equally liable with the sender for Conspiracy to Import Prohibited Items. Most of the Customs busts we see here on TV target the UK importer of the counterfeit goods. So, while on a sliding scale of "illegality", importing a watch is nowhere near as bad as importing a million pounds worth of designer rip-offs, it's still on the scale. And M2M is also illegal in UK, as you can't legally sell a counterfeit.

Mach25

How can they prove you ordered it unless you admit it?

Is it a criminal offence in France to receive a parcel? Is the fine to be paid to the customs or to a lawyer?

Well, apparently they confirm the package is shipped to me and then hold me accountable. They also charge EMS for shipping it. And they would have charged the TD, but they couldn't make out his name. I'm sure in a court of law, they couldn't prove anything. If I chose to fight it, I would have simply said I dont know what it is or who sent it. But.... As I am a guest here on a temporary visa for work... I dont want to take the chance. They offered a "friendly" settlement so I took it. The fine is paid to customs.... actually, "Public Treasury".

black263

And now they have your name and address on file. Don't use it again for any future watch purchases. Use a friend as a mailing address, and seriously look at triangular shipping. It may cost more, but it's cheaper than the fine.

watchmaster24

Great!! :frusty: US Customs has my package and it has been selected for inspection due to possibly counterfeit. What should I do? I found this out by calling US customs and asking them what is the status of a package. Anyone have this happen before and if so what are the chances they will release the watch to me? :uhm:

black263

Great!! :frusty: US Customs has my package and it has been selected for inspection due to possibly counterfeit. What should I do? I found this out by calling US customs and asking them what is the status of a package. Anyone have this happen before and if so what are the chances they will release the watch to me? :uhm:

First stop calling them. Wait to see what happens and report back when you are contacted by customs. If it's seized, some TDs will replace the watch but need to see a copy of the seizure notice, and will have to send to another name/address.

watchmaster24

First stop calling them. Wait to see what happens and report back when you are contacted by customs. If it's seized, some TDs will replace the watch but need to see a copy of the seizure notice, and will have to send to another name/address.

Sounds good. Thanks.