northantsrich

? Your item is being held in US Customs for further inspection.

northantsrich

I have a watch coming from the US to the UK (sent from BK). It's only just been sent and the tracking shows the below. Any thoughts guys?

Your item is being held in US Customs for further inspection.

agntkerr

Kiss that puppy good-bye. Just dont respond if they try and contact you or send you a letter.

Amit

Never heard of that before

Mariner89

and with a BK ... that's a loss there mate ... that sucks

golddusterrolex360

When I hear of shit like this it makes we wonder if there is a better way to ship these. Ship them in pieces, or with a sterile dial, maybe ship them in a box of toys. Just sickening to hear of this. Maybe the dealers should give us the option of shipping them with sterile dials and the rep dials sent separately. Not a big loss to lose the dial a couple of times. Just a thought.

Mariner89

When I hear of shit like this it makes we wonder if there is a better way to ship these. Ship them in pieces, or with a sterile dial, maybe ship them in a box of toys. Just sickening to hear of this. Maybe the dealers should give us the option of shipping them with sterile dials and the rep dials sent separately. Not a big loss to lose the dial a couple of times. Just a thought.

i've thought about maybe just shipping the case and bracelet in one box and the dial already mounted on the movement in another and just labeling them as repairs? gotta be someway

Realism

problem is with Rolex... importing a gen Rolex from overseas is technically breaking the law... they have some kind of an import law on their backs... Rolex USA that is

Mariner89

is it legal though to send it overseas for repair and have it returned?

Cynikal.Mindset

hahaha...who would send a Rolex to China for repairs?

Realism

is it legal though to send it overseas for repair and have it returned?

they will probably ask you for paperwork to prove that it was a CONUS based purchase or repair receipt.. but rolex and customs stoppages is pretty common even for the gens

Mariner89

damn them bastards ... that worries me when i have to fly back home what will happen when i come through customs with a 8piece travel bag

Realism

again... i don't think this is common... is either you are lucky or unlucky kind of basis

D_Chico
http://www.crownandcaliber.com/watches/rolex/how-do-you-import-a-rolex-watch-into-the-united-states/

damn them bastards ... that worries me when i have to fly back home what will happen when i come through customs with a 8piece travel bag

travel is ok. postage/ mail is where the import law comes into play i think

Wow! What an interesting read Realism! Thanks for sharing that!

Mwhitetx
http://www.crownandc...-united-states/

Grey Market Patent. same thing with exporting Range Rovers so ive heard.

Realism

Grey Market Patent. same thing with exporting Range Rovers so ive heard.

I mean it's fairplay to them... with the way Greys are moving their goods online... they have to somehow give incentives to their ADs.

Also most prices in the USA (not retail sticker) are pretty fair if you know the ADs... so buying grey is 50:50 at best if the dealer is from out of the country

Cynikal.Mindset

that's why you go on a cruise, stop in Grand Cayman and buy your watches there...Authorised dealers are steps away from port

Kcore

I'm about ready to ship my Steinhart O1V from the US back to the company in Germany. Basically same as OP. I'm just waiting on instructions. I'll let you know how it turns out.

RUSH2112

If you need a rolex shipped into us maybe have sender use you address but instead of name john smith maybe "use john smith authorized rolex dealer" and customs may allow to pass?

BentleySharp

I read this article. very interesting indeed.

Can you believe US customs seized 15 genuine Rolexes valued at $141,025 , confiscated them, then auctioned them off! Holy crap! Can you imagine how the owner of those watches felt? Because of the Rolex "Grey Market Patent" nobody can import Rolex into the United States without the express consent of Rolex USA. Incredible. The above article states that a person is limited to 1 Rolex ,worn on their wrist, when traveling through US customs.

...So if you own 2 Rolexes and want to travel overseas, you're just shit outta luck I guess.

golddusterrolex360

I read this article. very interesting indeed.

Can you believe US customs seized 15 genuine Rolexes valued at $141,025 , confiscated them, then auctioned them off! Holy crap! Can you imagine how the owner of those watches felt? Because of the Rolex "Grey Market Patent" nobody can import Rolex into the United States without the express consent of Rolex USA. Incredible. The above article states that a person is limited to 1 Rolex ,worn on their wrist, when traveling through US customs.

...So if you own 2 Rolexes and want to travel overseas, you're just shit outta luck I guess.

So it's ok to just walk across the border and take up residency but you can't do it while wearing a Rolex, priorities are all hosed up aren't they? "It's always about the money all of the time." to quote Mr. Wonderful.

BC1221

i read the idea on here i believe to ship watches with a fake invoice of a repair shop.

not really a bad idea since sending a watch you own to be repaired isnt illegal.

of course, this would only work between us and eu countries.

cant imagine someone sending a rolex to china to get repaired.

im starting to wonder if customs people find a package with a watch it in and if they want it, say it was seized.

ive never had trouble getting watches that are not well known. it seems to always be rolexes and omegas.

golddusterrolex360

Maybe there is a way to camouflage the watch backs with a metal clad decal that looks like a sterile watch back, do the same on the bracelet clasp so it simply looks like a $100.00 homage and not a rep until you peel off the cladding. If this happens less than 1% of the time, not worth the trouble though.

zero_deficit

i read the idea on here i believe to ship watches with a fake invoice of a repair shop.

not really a bad idea since sending a watch you own to be repaired isnt illegal.

I made a fake watch repair invoice should anyone want to use it for an M2M sale.

http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=68939&hl=&fromsearch=1

However, there's not much you can do if they ask for the original proof of purchase or invoice. At best, it might just be enough for a customs agent who has opened the package to see the fake invoice, close it up, and send it on its way. Some countries require a search warrant before any parcels are opened too ... so if they've gotten that far, some little piece of paper probably isn't going to stop them seizing the rep

Edited by zero_deficit