Sign in to follow this  
nev848

Chopard your views are welcome

nev848
don't love it nev

Thought you would love it Jez a nice little summer wear for you.

it's not a bad looking watch just doesn't really do anything for me but i'm sure it looks better in the flesh ......... and you're not going to believe this but i was in town today to meet Gerry and passed one of the new 2014 seadwellers so i popped in to try it on ( it was nice ) and what should they have in the preowned section but a chopard mile miglia xl chrono black face .... i am sorely tempted as i fell in love with it a bit after trying it on and the price was reasonable after they'd come down £ 500.00 ... i had the rep of it and i never really took to it but i can tell you it wasn't patch on the gen even though it was meant to be a super rep ( the original grey face is another matter though i think )

Anyway nev i'm a bit meh about a lot of watches at the moment so i wouldn't take too much notice of me .. especially as my new taste in grails is a solid gold sub ... see i can't have any fucking taste :lol:

Ahhhh don't do gold Watches just far to 80's for me. How is Gerry and how was the Sea Dweller? Tried on a DSSD today it was used but mint but at £6.5k still on the "it will only end in a divorce" price range.

On another note after getting my Gen SOH I know where there is a mint V2....

dalboy
1500 sobs is about its money Nev..

Now 1250..... thats a different matter.. .even if the strap is as soft as a Nuns Moo . :lmao:

Dal..

Been around a few Nuns then have you Dal :)

Nope !!

Thats Conx area of expertise .. :lmao:

Hazz

I for one like it, have a rep of a white faced Chopard,but does my opinion really count, buy what you like, forget other thoughts, we have our own tastes.

grb
don't love it nev

it's not a bad looking watch just doesn't really do anything for me but i'm sure it looks better in the flesh ......... and you're not going to believe this but i was in town today to meet Gerry and passed one of the new 2014 seadwellers so i popped in to try it on ( it was nice ) and what should they have in the preowned section but a chopard mile miglia xl chrono black face .... i am sorely tempted as i fell in love with it a bit after trying it on and the price was reasonable after they'd come down £ 500.00 ... i had the rep of it and i never really took to it but i can tell you it wasn't patch on the gen even though it was meant to be a super rep ( the original grey face is another matter though i think )

Anyway nev i'm a bit meh about a lot of watches at the moment so i wouldn't take too much notice of me .. especially as my new taste in grails is a solid gold sub ... see i can't have any fucking taste :lol:

Ahhhh don't do gold Watches just far to 80's for me. How is Gerry and how was the Sea Dweller? Tried on a DSSD today it was used but mint but at £6.5k still on the "it will only end in a divorce" price range.

He's OK thanks for asking Nev, I have to admit Jez's new Chopard is nicer but no one's opinion matters only your own

yawn

I like busy dial watch. But this dial is too much for me.

nev848
don't love it nev

He's OK thanks for asking Nev, I have to admit Jez's new Chopard is nicer but no one's opinion matters only your own

Hi Gerry glad all is good with you. My question on the Chopard was more to do with model and price as I don't know much about them. As for the watch itself I think it has a great look about it.

Markrfc

If you meed to ask Nev its probably better staying in the shop.

Genius

I love it and have always liked the chopard watches... But I'm really happy with my GTXL GMT rep at the moment so don't think I'd be splashing that much on a gen any time soon

ag69

I for one like it, have a rep of a white faced Chopard,but does my opinion really count, buy what you like, forget other thoughts, we have our own tastes.

Exactly!!

ag69
don't love it nev

Hi Gerry glad all is good with you. My question on the Chopard was more to do with model and price as I don't know much about them. As for the watch itself I think it has a great look about it.

Nev, these watches are going for around $3200 USD at Jomashop: http://www.jomashop.com/chopard-watch-168915104.html

Also attaching the link to authenticwatches.com so you can take a look: http://www.authenticwatches.com/chopard-mille-miglia-leather-strap-watches.html (the green and blue dial watches are the same watch you are looking at, just different color face).

Hope this helps with your decision to purchase.

mrtsumoto80

go for it!"

nev848
don't love it nev

Nev, these watches are going for around $3200 USD at Jomashop: http://www.jomashop.com/chopard-watch-168915104.html

Also attaching the link to authenticwatches.com so you can take a look: http://www.authenticwatches.com/chopard-mille-miglia-leather-strap-watches.html (the green and blue dial watches are the same watch you are looking at, just different color face).

Hope this helps with your decision to purchase.

Thanks for the info and I love the yellow faced one. :)

James.

Price/savings is irrelevant if you don't really love the watch, why waste your money in the first place?