Sign in to follow this  
Del

My PAM 111 passed the test today...

Del

Had a meeting today in work with a couple of guys from an external company - I was wearing my PAM 111. Almost immediately I noticed one of them was wearing a Panerai - I wondered whether to mention it or not but decided not to during the meeting, despite the fact that he had very obviously clocked my watch :rolleyes: .

Anyway, we went for lunch and I couldn't resist any longer so remarked that I noticed he was wearing a Panerai, to which he replied I see you are too. His was a 40mm Luminor Marina auto (I think) but I didn't get a chance to examine it. No questions asked about mine - result :) .

pollux1

Glad to hear you passed muster! Tbh most people either don't know or don't care what watch we wear but as long as you're confident wearing it you won't go wrong. :)

watchmetick

He didn't mention your watch because his was obviously a rep and the whole conversation made him uncomfortable. He wanted the conversation to end as quickly as possible before you found out his secret.

tick tock
Glad to hear you passed muster! Tbh most people either don't know or don't care what watch we wear but as long as you're confident wearing it you won't go wrong. :rolleyes:

+1 Confidence is the key :)

Baldrick
Had a meeting today in work with a couple of guys from an external company..................but I didn't get a chance to examine it. No questions asked about mine - result

Hey, that was me, I didn't wanna examine yours 'cos I thought you might wanna examine mine and you'd notice the CG pin wasn't flush :)

GC
Had a meeting today in work with a couple of guys from an external company..................but I didn't get a chance to examine it. No questions asked about mine - result

Hey, that was me, I didn't wanna examine yours 'cos I thought you might wanna examine mine and you'd notice the CG pin wasn't flush :)

:rolleyes:... too funny!!!

btw: I've handed my PAM over to an AD before and they couldn't tell it was a Rep. 99.9% of people will not be able to tell if a watch is a Rep or not, not even most ADs. Of course I don't recommend doing it till you get called out but just know it's been done before and no one was the wiser. CONFIDENCE is a stain you can not wipe off!

Del

:rofl: at Baldrick!

Confidence is certainly the key - just glad I kept it cool B).