Sign in to follow this  
lednewd

Aqua Terra 38.5mm

lednewd

Hi,

Was wondering if anyone knew a recommended dealer who would stock any 1:1 38.5mm Aqua Terras (co-axial), had a look and can't find any good ones, just a few cheaper examples, would really appreciate any help. Have tried on the 41mm and it's a touch too big for me.

BC1221

1:1... omega would be the only ones that have 1:1

sorry.. 1:1 replicas dont exist.

i think most AT reps are 42. they typically just go for the popular models.

JSJ

Yeah I have seen a 1:1 watch with a coaxial movement for sale recently. In fact, several.

Lemme think now... ah yes... at Mappin and Webb.

No coaxial reps mate, unfortunately. Don't give up on reps though, there are some great ones around. Good luck with your search.

lednewd

I know they aren't exactly 1:1 and co-axial, I'm asking for as close to gen as possible (often billed as 1:1 on sellers sites), higher quality reps, and i mentioned co-axial as I am referring to automatic versions (preferably an Eta movement) rather than quartz versions which are also available gen from omega in 38.5mm guise, I wasn't born yesterday LOL. And yeah I've only really seen decent 41mm examples online, the search continues, have a rep 42mm Po (8500 model) which fits perfectly but tried on gen 41mm AT's at my local Ad and it just doesn't sit right.

JSJ

Mmm, well I have a quartz Omega rep that says coaxial on it. Not really sure of the point of using the word coaxial then.

lednewd

Because co-axial is a gear configuration which is found in mechanical watches, a quartz watch is not mechanical, it uses a quartz crystal as a time base. No quartz watch is coaxial, I want a rep of the automatic version (which as gen comes with a coaxial movement), not the quartz version which is just a quartz. But I'm sure you know all this.

JSJ

But I'm sure you know all this.

Yes.

Coaxial is a specific type of mechanical watch movement. It looked like you were using coaxial when you meant mechanical, that is all I was saying.

Here is my genuine quartz cheap rep Omega which is marked with co-axial chronometer. I never wear it of course, too many better watches and the second hand ticks. I have seen quite a few reps which are worse and felt cheaper than this one. It's 39.5 diameter by the way.

IMG_20140729_154121_zps623dae4e.jpg

lednewd

Exactly, since the modern AT comes in either quartz or mechanical (known as the coaxial) I was asking for a rep of the coaxial, so an automatic mechanical rep, preferably an Eta movement, wasn't asking for an actual coaxial, I'm not that daft :P haha though I'm sure there have been a few on here who have asked dumber question haha. Don't blame you on not wearing it, im a bit anal when it comes to detail so could never wear a ticking quartz masking itself as an automatic. Anyway the hunt will continue, while in the long run I may be able to afford the real thing wanted a decent rep too.

Dr. Jimmy

I've had three 39mm AT reps, none were very good quality. 41mm Miyota is the way to go IMHO.

lednewd

Wish I could get away with the 41 but my wrists are vert narrow, just doesn't sit right on them, will have to look for something else then, unless it's a dive watch I can't wear 41-42mm and above.

JSJ

IWC are my favourite for dress watches. Have you looked at the Portofino range? Maybe some of them are down at 39.

JSJ

Here is just a quick snap taken on my phone of my Portofino. Measures 38.8 mm. Stunning watch in person with a 2892 movement and great AR.

IMG_20140730_223428Custom_zpsaac71d17.jpg

lednewd

May have to look in to it, I'd look in to a decent datejust too but a friend of mine is an authorised Rolex dealer so just wouldn't feel right to wear it around them lol, won't wear a Rolex till I buy one from them, possibly next year, daytona or datejust. But yeah, will look in to the IWC, if I like what I see will try one on at at an AD.

lednewd

What do you guys think of the Constellation series? I'm not sure about it to be honest, I can see why people like them but I'm just not really sold on them.

Edited by lednewd

Libertatia

I remember when the 41mm came out, they advertised it as the 38mm... I literally wet my pants... Obviously it was a mistake... The 38mm version isn't repped yet, but they will end up randomly producing one out of the blue eventually, probably when you least suspect.