Sign in to follow this  
vinxe

Water Proof Works?

vinxe

Hi all,

Thinking of going for a Pam243 from Trusty. States waterproof to 30m. Andrew confirms it.

Wondering any bros here bought one and tried in a pool?

Cheers...

jdog

Just a bit of advice. NEVER, EVER tust a WP statement from a TD. Not that theyre trying to deceive you, but you cannot trust it. Best to have it tested before you go anywhere near the water. Some will tell you that blah blah blah its fine etc...but just think about shelling out that kinda money, wearing it in a pool the day you get it and then boom, its ruined.

BentleySharp

Yea. +1 to Jdog's statement.

Even if it's advertised as waterproof, it's best not to take the chances with a rep unless you have it waterproofed and tested by a watchsmith.

Daywatch

As long as You have access to a shopping-mall a wp-test is something easy and fast, for cheap or for free as long as they have a machine. Normally what´s needed is to unscrew the backcase - silicongrease the o-ring and grease around the crown carefully with a toothpick and it should be fine. Reps have more tolerances than gens so there might be leaks in many areas as around the glass, whatever but I´d estimate 8 out of 10 are good to go after greasing (if they are stated wp from the TD to begin with).

30m is really for light swimming only, not for jumping into the pool etc. Have fun, because it´s a lot of added fun to take it into water.

KW386 - stated wp to 100m by the TD and tested to 3 atm (just did the test, nothing else needed, the test-machine wasn´t good for more than that)

Pam6208861cr_zpsdc72e72d.jpg

vinxe

Thanks for the heads up.... I guess it is always better to take it with a pinch of salt.

Michaellsv

I go swimming with both my 243 and 382. No problems...for now. 243 is one year old and 382 is brand new, so I guess in a year or two I will ask my watch smith to RE grease all the gaskets again, because after all...what the hell did I buy submersibles for if I can't take it to the water.

243 looks amazing in the water...the thickness of the crystal REALLY pops.

GO FOR IT!

greg_r

With ANY watch (rep or gen) it pays to get them tested regularly to ensure that they're waterproof. Don't take it swimming until that has been done...