Sign in to follow this  
grahambo

Noob Omega Planet Ocean Liquidmetal 42mm

Hornet

Sized up and being worn out in the world. Thanks everyone! I'm starting to love the way this one wears.

http://imgur.com/t7X8307

Lookin' good there fella!

Bigbah

looks like a beaut to me

MikeAlmighty

That looks great! I may have to get one...

grahambo

Correction: I paid $298.

JohnG

I appreciate all of the feedback you guys. I guess I'm just on the fence as to whether or not I can wear it confidently. You all seem to be telling me that it's all good. ;P

Yes, you can wear it confidently. NO ONE outside of these forums has any clue what the "tells" are on these watches. You see this stuff because you spend hours looking a macro shots of genuine and replica versions of this watch and then looking at your own watch with a magnifying glass. This is a top rep and if it were mine and I were next to a guy with the gen on a plane, I would not be uptight in the slightest. Trust me,l that guy is not going to notice ANYTHING off. I say this from long experience.

But if you don't want it, I am going to be buying a noob LMPO soon, so pm me if you decide to sell it. :)

psantos1091

Mines at a watch smith's workshop... Paying 1/3 of the price of a new one to fix it because it's soooooo nice :)

Not Quite Dead

It looks good to me and distinctly better on the pearl front than my own version of the same. Note to self change bezel insert.

DirtyJack

Looks great! If you can't tell the lume errors with the naked eye who cares. I would rock that watch!

grahambo
Looks great! If you can't tell the lume errors with the naked eye who cares. I would rock that watch!

You'd REALLY have to look to see that the lume is slightly off in places. Definitely not something that stands out.

Edited by grahambo

bj2106

hi, there is something very wrong on the dial .look at the number 12, 2 diferent colors, and the 6 and 9 is also diferent. the color on original is white or red. depending on the model, but not like this :coffee2:

bj2106

or mabe the picture is lying thinking better......not sure post another foto please

grahambo
hi, there is something very wrong on the dial .look at the number 12, 2 diferent colors, and the 6 and 9 is also diferent. the color on original is white or red. depending on the model, but not like this :coffee2:

This is the limited edition Liquidmetal version. The numbers are all chrome as they are on the gen.

Epica

looking good - I actually liked it

randomguy101

Looks good, the lume on 6 seems a bit uneven on your first pic but that's easy to live with. Markers look straight to me.

grahambo
Looks good, the lume on 6 seems a bit uneven on your first pic but that's easy to live with. Markers look straight to me.

That is something that I didn't notice straight away- only on inspection of the hi res image. 5 and 1 are off too. Such a minor thing though. I can absolutely live with that.

grahambo
Mines at a watch smith's workshop... Paying 1/3 of the price of a new one to fix it because it's soooooo nice :)

Do the watch repair guys ever care that they're working on a rep? Do they ever tell you to take it to a dealer?

houndoggie

:facepalm:

Know what the fuck you speak if before saying things are very wrong

grahambo

So this has been out for a little while now. What feasible mods would you guys make? I'd like to find a fix for the "bracelet gap". I think that is the biggest tell. The date window being a little beveled is a slight tell but that isn't fixable unless you get a new dial. Nobody will ever see that anyway unless they are handling the watch AND they know what they are looking for. Besides that, after having this one for a few weeks I have to say, the quality is pretty excellent.

norrie

Not all gens have straight markers either. I don't know where the thread is (maybe on another forum) but someone posted a link to a thread on a gen forum on crooked markers. It's not a biggie unless it's noticeable by someone else who doesn't know about it. Hand your watch to someone and ask them to pick some faults with the dial. If it takes them more than 10 seconds to say crooked markers, it's time to get over it and enjoy the watch.

Seand83
I just picked this up from Tony. I'm a little bummed with some of the details. What do you guys think?

http://i.imgur.com/cjm5mjj.jpg

Watch looks great to me.

randomguy101

IMO Biggest tell for LMPO is the orange second hand tip, gen is red. I haven't seen anyone do it but I imagine it's easily fixable with a bit of modelling paint. But then again nobody actually has a gen, there's 1948 of them ever and if I see one I'm going to assume they got it from a TD.

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f29/fs-omega-seamaster-planet-ocean-liquidmetal-limited-edition-ref-222-30-42-200-1001-a-701714.html

Bigcountrykris

IMO Biggest tell for LMPO is the orange second hand tip, gen is red. I haven't seen anyone do it but I imagine it's easily fixable with a bit of modelling paint. But then again nobody actually has a gen, there's 1948 of them ever and if I see one I'm going to assume they got it from a TD.

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f29/fs-omega-seamaster-planet-ocean-liquidmetal-limited-edition-ref-222-30-42-200-1001-a-701714.html

It isnt orange its red, the lighting in that pic is making it look orange.

grahambo

It is definitely orange.

randomguy101

http://forums.watchu...1-a-701714.html

I'm looking at mine on my wrist now, definitely orange.