Sign in to follow this  
grahambo

Noob Omega Planet Ocean Liquidmetal 42mm

grahambo

I just picked this up from Tony. I'm a little bummed with some of the details. What do you guys think?

http://i.imgur.com/cjm5mjj.jpg

Proctor

What's bothering you? Looks great. I had one a while back and absolutely loved it. Has a great wrist presence. Wear it well.

Libertatia

If you are bummed by this watch, then I feel sorry for you broski, its nice.

grahambo

I feel like the 12 is cocked to the right just a touch. Looks great on the wrist if you don't analyze it too much!

myaz

personally, I'd be real happy with the watch.

The lume is a little uneven at high magnification but that's not visible "on the wrist". that happens to a lesser degree on gens as well. Is there anything else that bothers you?

grahambo

Those were the two things that stood out to me. Anyone else see anything?

Gazzla

Those were the two things that stood out to me. Anyone else see anything?

The 'SWISS MADE' looks a tad out...

Viquito

It looks good to me, as long as you didn't pay too much I think it's okay!

And if it bothers you too much keep looking around till you find something you like and you can put it on m2m after a while ;)

grahambo

I appreciate all of the feedback you guys. I guess I'm just on the fence as to whether or not I can wear it confidently. You all seem to be telling me that it's all good. ;P

cereal killer

The endlink - bracelet gap is what bothers me with these, that being said it really doesnt distract from the beauty of this watch.

grahambo
The endlink - bracelet gap is what bothers me with these, that being said it really doesnt distract from the beauty of this watch.

I've heard that there are other steel bracelets you can get that are more accurate. I may think about that depending on how it looks after I get it sized to my wrist. You know if the gen end links would work?

Edited by grahambo

grahambo
It looks good to me, as long as you didn't pay too much I think it's okay!

And if it bothers you too much keep looking around till you find something you like and you can put it on m2m after a while ;)

I paid $268. m2m is a great idea. I think I'll wear it for a bit and see how I feel then.

Hornet

I'd really not worry too much, I've had little issues with some of my reps that I've been bothered about. But after awhile I've forgotten about them and just enjoyed the watch.....

.....if you are really picky, as a person, and it is going to bother you then maybe buying reps isn't right for you?

NFleischer

That was voted the best rep last year at RWI! You guys have to lower your expectations- they will never be 1 :1.

Just wear it, trust me - nobody will notice.

grahambo
I'd really not worry too much, I've had little issues with some of my reps that I've been bothered about. But after awhile I've forgotten about them and just enjoyed the watch.....

.....if you are really picky, as a person, and it is going to bother you then maybe buying reps isn't right for you?

Well, I KNOW that buying gens isn't for me. Lol You guys are right. I just need to wear it.

grahambo

I just took it to a local jeweler to have it sized. The guy said to go to an Omega dealer because he wasn't able to remove the pins with his tool. He said really nice watch though and please come back to buy something from him in the future. Now what? I can't go to an AD right?

Edited by grahambo

onionbag

Take it to another mall watch guy, or spend £20 and get the right tools from the 'bay or the RWG shop.

Hornet

Well, I KNOW that buying gens isn't for me. Lol You guys are right. I just need to wear it.

Same here fella!!

I just took it to a local jeweler to have it sized. The guy said to go to an Omega dealer because he wasn't able to remove the pins with his tool. He said really nice watch though and please come back to buy something from him in the future. Now what? I can't go to an AD right?

Reasonable tool set and you can do the bracelet yourself in 5 minutes (and that would be taking your time....).

Eadesy
I just picked this up from Tony. I'm a little bummed with some of the details. What do you guys think?

http://i.imgur.com/cjm5mjj.jpg

Looks pretty good to me!

If your not totally happy with it I'll take it off your hands ;)

stt

Nice watch, wear it well.

avrahamk1

amazing watch! where did you buy it at 268$?

Theduke.williams

That's the problem with reps, you'll always be looking for the minute (sometimes microscopic) differences that set them apart from the gen. When you do see a flaw, it'll drive you mad!

Relax with the knowledge that you're wearing a watch that looks like the dogs b******s, and at a fraction of the cost of the genuine (overpriced?) article.

grahambo
amazing watch! where did you buy it at 268$?

Not from a TD on this board. He's a TD on another though. PM me if you want.

grahambo

Sized up and being worn out in the world. Thanks everyone! I'm starting to love the way this one wears.

http://imgur.com/t7X8307

grahambo
That's the problem with reps, you'll always be looking for the minute (sometimes microscopic) differences that set them apart from the gen. When you do see a flaw, it'll drive you mad!

Relax with the knowledge that you're wearing a watch that looks like the dogs b******s, and at a fraction of the cost of the genuine (overpriced?) article.

Innate disadvantage to buying reps. Gotta be realistic with those expectations I guess!